Kendrick Lamar VS. Meek Mill

Who will have the better album sales NT? I understand that Lamar has the DRE cosign and is more creative and has an overall better flow(bars) and is trying to bring the west back and strucure the black hippie movement... BUT!!! Meek is kinda what the streets wanna hear right now. He happens to be rocking with the hottest in the game Rozay!!! and meek happens to be part of one of the hottest camps around. The only issue i see for meek is all his 16s sound alike. I guess im saying i never heard him switch his flow up any... that may hurt him on his album unless he surprises a few of us. But for lamar he is over the general publics head and only real hip hop heads will gravitate toward the movement he is tryna to put together. And so I ask NT what do yall think?  Keep in mind MMG will run it the next 3 months not leaving any room in the tape deck for Lamar..

MMG Self Made VOL2-6/26
Rick Ross- God forgives I dont- 7/31
Meek Mills- Dreams & Nightmares- 8/28
Kendrick Lamar- OCT 2

Originally Posted by jetsetr

Kendrick Lamar way nicer then the Meek Mill...not even a closer...
He's not asking that. Can you read? Or did you just see "vs." in the title and hit that quick reply box right away?

Meek Mill/ MMG are radio worthy, so i think they'll make more sales.

I don't think it means they're the better artists in any way, shape or form.

probably about the same...Meek is more popular mainstream wise, but his core audience don't really buy records like that...Kendrick has a huge following, and his fans are extremely diverse...

k.dot is my favorite rapper right now

but sales?

meek got hits and prolly buzzin way more than kendrick right now

ima say meek has better numbers

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

probably about the same...Meek is more popular mainstream wise, but his core audience don't really buy records like that...Kendrick has a huge following, and his fans are extremely diverse...

this. I even think Kendrick will sell MORE than Meek

I dont think Lamar has a huge following as of right now. I just dont see it. Im definitley not bias but no stretch of the imagination but dont think that dude gone b as big as i want him to be. I had faith in J cole but he is jus another artist in the game and expect Lamar to follow suit. I though Cole would be a superstar but he jus a role player and i think Lamar will be as well. Im looking at it from an NBA standpoint. You got superstars Lebron and Durant and then you got role players Harden Gasol. They nice but they not gone ever be the ONE.... Meek as well

Im sorry but I just dont see the relevance/connection in this comparison at all.

Why does album sales even matter to you in the first place?

Meek Mill has people who actually want to hear his music outside the internet. "I'm A Boss" and "Amen" are legit singles and ring off in the club.

Most women I've come across in the real world probably wouldn't even know Kendrick if they saw him.

Meek Mill would have more sales. More radio hits "House Party", "Ima Boss" "Amen".

Kendrick is one of my fav's right now btw. It's not impossible for Kendrick to have better sales though. 

Kendrick will have more album sales but keels voice will be played more over the radio movies blah blab blab. Kendrick will have more album plays.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Im sorry but I just dont see the relevance/connection in this comparison at all.

Why does album sales even matter to you in the first place?

becuz thats how majority of the world put people into categories or label them in terms of music. Oh his album didnt sale that well so he washed or weak!!! Thats almost todays approach with artist and their first album. Say Drake didnt do the numbers he was predicted to do, would everybody still be $*$!# with him? BTW its something i wanted to kno and if you couldnt reply and be helpful then wat u come in the thread for.?

Back
Top Bottom