KEVIN HART KILLED THE VMAS VOL. RATINGS PLUMMET 50 PERCENT

trickdaddy305

Banned
I think internet has even bastardized how seriously people take award shows and lists yo

with that being said kevin hart BOMBED

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...music-awards-ratings-plummet-1007943162.story

MTV's Video Music Awards Ratings Plummet More Than 50 Percent From Last Years

Read more at http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...-plummet-1007943162.story#c2HHmoBrFKOyVevx.99

MTV's Video Music Awards took a nosedive in the ratings. 

MTV VMAs 2012: Rihanna, One Direction Find Love & Moonmen 

About 6.1 million viewers tuned into Thursday night's telecast of the VMAs, dropping more than half its audience from last year's record 12.4 million haul. In the network's target 12-34 demo, the VMAs drew a 5.3 rating. 

MTV's 2011 VMAs Attract Biggest Audience in Network History 

Something to consider is how different the circumstances were for this year's VMAs. Usually broadcast on a Sunday, the move to Thursday put it in direct conflict with President Obama's planned speech at the Democratic National Convention. Just two days before the show, the network announced the ceremony would move up one hour, airing from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET, to avoid any direct conflict. 

Backbeat: Lil Wayne, Jimmy Iovine, Luke Wood, Dr. Dre at Beats By Dre VMA Party 

Year to year, the VMAs were down more than 50 percent in total viewers. 

There was stiffer than usual competition across cable, with news networks airing multiple hours of DNC coverage. 

Prior to this year's broadcast, the VMAs have been on the rise, jumping to its largest audience in a decade in 2010.

Tom Brady
nthat.gif

They were stupid to have it on a weekday especially the same time as the DNC.

even the COWBOYS & giants game got beat in the ratings during the 3rd quarter i believe.

biden > vma's
kinda figured that , but it says in the article the target demo for the vma's is 12-34 , obama stepped into the mic about 10:30 ish about 30 minutes after the vma's ended , 

vma's has always had to compete with friends,seinfeld,survivor,desperate housewives , sunday night football (i went to the 04 one in miami , think it was on a sunday if i recall)

First year since I can remember that Kanye wasn't somehow involved . . .
That and it was on a weekday instead of the regular Sunday award show timeslot, and also the DNC of course.

it comes down to no one caring about videos any more.. most artists dont even make em anymore except for dudes like ross on youtube.

its just really not a big part of music these days.

Kevin Hart actually did a good job as a host, so it wasn't his fault, VMAs as a whole is on its way out....whole thing was blah...Corny *** YMCMB With LilWayne seriously acting like a 17 year old ad dressed like one too....dude is lost.

1. I had no idea it was on.
2. I can't comment on K. Hart's performance because I didn't see it but I feel like he had less to do with it than the fact that the DNC was major competition and also because it wasn't in it's usual sunday timeslot.

it just was so corny.Especially all the awards just go to disney channel popstars mostly

Kevin Hart actually did a good job as a host, so it wasn't his fault, VMAs as a whole is on its way out....whole thing was blah...Corny *** YMCMB With LilWayne seriously acting like a 17 year old ad dressed like one too....dude is lost.

word

lil wayne is gone

kevin hart was ok but definitely not funny.lol

your on point with lil wayne, dude lost his mind, dude is the new george clinton.

kevin hart was ok but definitely not funny.lol

your on point with lil wayne, dude lost his mind, dude is the new george clinton.
I agree lil wayne has lost his mind but I would never put lil wayne's name in the same sentence as george clinton, george was unique.

Last edited:
I only used to watch for the performances now I can watch them online a few minutes after they air

Back
Top Bottom