Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

Just the thought of Lebron, CP3 and Griffin flopping all over the place makes me want to throw up
30t6p3b.gif

Y'all read everything Money said though? Dude will forever be thee ultimate @+@ hole.

I love it!!  Even in a golf cart puffing on a cigar Money still letting folks know what time it is and putting these $*%#!# in their place
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Y'all read everything Money said though? Dude will forever be thee ultimate @+@ hole.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michael Jordan said there's no way Kobe Bryant and this year's USA Olympic basketball team could've beaten the 1992 Dream Team.
Jordan told The Associated Press Thursday that he laughed -- "I absolutely laughed" -- when hearing Bryant's comments that the U.S. squad training in Las Vegas could take Jordan and company.

Jordan said there's "no comparison" which team is better.

"For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done," Jordan said prior to playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Charlotte.

Jordan said the 1992 team, which included 11 future Hall of Famers and won its six Olympic games by an average of more than 43 points en route to capturing the gold medal, was a better overall team largely because of the experience it put on the floor.

"I heard Kobe say we were not athletic," said a smiling Jordan as he sat in a golf cart puffing on his cigar while waiting to tee off. "But we were smart. He said we were too old, but I was 29 and in the prime of my career. Pip (Scottie Pippen) was 26 or 27, (Charles) Barkley was 29, Patrick (Ewing) was 29 and Chris Mullin was 29. Almost everybody was still in their 20s."

Jordan's response came after Bryant told reporters in Las Vegas that this year's team could pull out a win against the Dream Team if they faced each other in their primes. Bryant said this year's team has a "bunch of racehorses, players who are incredibly athletic, while the Dream Team consisted mainly of players at the tail end of their careers."
Bryant's comments received immediate and sharp rebuttal from some members of the Dream Team, including Barkley.
Jordan joined in on Thursday.

"Most of us were in the prime of our careers, at a point where athleticism doesn't really matter," said Jordan, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. "You have to know how to play the game."

Jordan shook his head when asked why he thinks Bryant made the comments.

"I imagine he's trying to say it to legitimize his own Dream Team," Jordan said. "But to me it's not even a question what team is better."

Jordan said Bryant is certainly entitled to his opinion -- even though he said it's just plain wrong.

"For him to make that comparison, it's one of those things where it creates conversation," Jordan said. "I guess we'll never know. I'd like to think that we had 11 Hall of Famers on that team, and whenever they get 11 Hall of Famers, you call and ask me who had the better Dream Team. Remember now, they learned from us. We didn't learn from them."

Link

sheesh MJ, tell em how you really feel

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

If Bron were as fast as Mike and as strong as Karl, he would absolutely be destroying the league; not just wow-ing everyone, but actually dominating.

C'mon, man. This past postseason was the first time Bron dominated from start to finish. That 1992 squad had multiple dudes who had already had that MENTALITY that postseasons/important games are time to do work.

These dudes, man, they ain't got the mentality y'all think they do. CP3, Blake, Bron, Melo, Durant, Wade... what about them makes y'all think they got that killer instinct to battle against some focused, physical greats?

Killer instinct
laugh.gif

Most overused words in basketball.

Other than Jordan, Pipp, Bird, and Magic, everyone else on that team had the right "mentality?" How do you even judge that?

Thats way too subjective to even make a compelling argument.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

AG 47 wrote:

cRazy dav0 wrote:

lmfa0 @ jordan absolutely laughing ...
roll.gif

Because he was supposed to say they had no chance? Jordan has to say that.

i loved the response .... i agree w/ jordan ... i laughed at jordan's reaction ... that is all my reply meant ... i thought i implied who i sided w/ in my earlier response ... 

For the record ... jordan's reaction is the correct one ... i just found it funny that he would say that b/c i imagined him saying that and started laughing even more

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but the problem is that both Kobe and Jordan are going to say their teams would win and nobody can say for a fact otherwise.

Obviously you can make arguments for both sides.

tumblr_lsi3lmg9ci1r47ri4o1_500.jpg

I wonder how far this would send the floppers on the current team. 

I'm telling you the dream team would mentally abuse them. That's a huge part of the game,

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I love it!!  Even in a golf cart puffing on a cigar Money still letting folks know what time it is and putting these $*%#!# in their place
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

exactly!

he wasnt lying

Originally Posted by DubA169

tumblr_lsi3lmg9ci1r47ri4o1_500.jpg

I wonder how far this would send the floppers on the current team. 

I'm telling you the dream team would mentally abuse them. That's a huge part of the game,

If lebron was mushing cats like that folks would call him a thug ,criminal animalmetc.Players now can't do that.

MJ is god to some, but you never know. i agree on the physicality part. there are too many big guys on the inside, no matter what defense you play.

still, kobe deserves the props in getting his guys together. still nah. rashard lewis rant at press conference signing > KOBE's stache talk.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Just the thought of Lebron, CP3 and Griffin flopping all over the place makes me want to throw up
30t6p3b.gif

LMAO! 92>12 add harden to that list! Can't stand dudes flops

give the ball to mj and let him do work. anyone coming in the lane, barkley and karl would take them out.

His comments are being blown way out proportions. His competitiveness will always get the best of him. Let's not forget he still believed la was going to win the series while down 3-0 against the mavs

I guess ya'll forgot that same Dream Team lost to the college prep squad they practiced against too...they weren't invincible like some in here would like you to believe.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

athletes are faster, stronger, etc etc....it's not crazy to assume that the '12 team would win. the 2024 team will probably be better than the 2012 team. unless there's just a complete drop off in nba talent.

what makes you think this?  Barkley, Drexler, Malone, Jordan, Rodman, Robinson and Ewing werent great athletes?  Dudes watch a couple Sportscenter Top 10s and go crazy

it makes sense to say that the 2024 team would be better than the 2012. it really does.

just because barkley has an attitude, gets into fights, doesn't mean he's talented.  the same can be said about ron artest. peeps forget he was a mini-beast back in indiana.

i don't know about patrick ewing though. i just felt like he was a giant gorilla. his missed 12 footer will forever haunt him.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I guess ya'll forgot that same Dream Team lost to the college prep squad they practiced against too...they weren't invincible like some in here would like you to believe.

in a scrimmage.  the next game they played, the college squad didnt score a point.

Originally Posted by DMan14

give the ball to mj and let him do work. anyone coming in the lane, barkley and karl would take them out.
So this is acceptable now?  Weren't dudes yappin' about all the missed foul calls in the Finals by way of the Heat?  Weren't dudes goin' at Haslem and Pittman for their fouls in the Indy series?

Maintain some kind of consistency please.

Originally Posted by grandtheftbike

His comments are being blown way out proportions. His competitiveness will always get the best of him. Let's not forget he still believed la was going to win the series while down 3-0 against the mavs

Exactly.
How many years has Kobe been in the league? And people are still surprised when he says such things?

He's a competitor. He thinks he's better than everyone and that's why he's Kobe Bryant.

It's surprising to me that this many people took it this serious. 
laugh.gif

dudes take this way too seriously. what are we gonna argue next? ali vs. tyson

in a scrimmage.  the next game they played, the college squad didnt score a point.

And therefore? The bottom line is they were not invincible and I tend to think that the '12 team is a little better than that college squad. Just a little
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

athletes are faster, stronger, etc etc....it's not crazy to assume that the '12 team would win. the 2024 team will probably be better than the 2012 team. unless there's just a complete drop off in nba talent.

what makes you think this?  Barkley, Drexler, Malone, Jordan, Rodman, Robinson and Ewing werent great athletes?  Dudes watch a couple Sportscenter Top 10s and go crazy

it makes sense to say that the 2024 team would be better than the 2012. it really does.

just because barkley has an attitude, gets into fights, doesn't mean he's talented.  the same can be said about ron artest. peeps forget he was a mini-beast back in indiana.

i don't know about patrick ewing though. i just felt like he was a giant gorilla. his missed 12 footer will forever haunt him.
Charles Barkley was a SUPERSTAR what do you mean bruh?  Dude has a career stat line of 22.1/11.7/3.9
Patrick Ewing was a monster too....where are you getting these things from.  You MUST be under the age of 18

And therefore? The bottom line is they were not invincible and I tend to think that the '12 team is a little better than that college squad. Just a little
wink.gif

You do know that scrimmage was "thrown" on purpose right??

Charles Barkley was a SUPERSTAR what do you mean bruh?
Patrick Ewing was a monster too....where are you getting these things from.  You MUST be under the age of 18

Yeah man alot of these dudes are revealing their age right now and it's truly a bad/sad thing.  Dudes sleeping on Barkley and Ewing now...........when will it all end??

its like saying pistons teams is better than the teams now because they were violent and physical? LOL come on man.

seeing flopping action is too good though. its like comic relief.

so bill lambeer is god now because he chokes people?

the NBA needs more fights!

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

jaguars-fan-confused-!!%24.gif

Back
Top Bottom