Kobe doin more work.

One of the reasons why they are compared is because of their off-season work ethic & desire to improve.

You remember young Jordan? Now you remember mid-90's Jordan? The post game, fadeaway & midrange didnt just come naturally...

so that was extremely off-base if that was what he meant by "student of the game"...

J.R. Smith (and whoever else's name you want to throw in there) should be reading that article.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Jordan was more competitive but I really
don't think he is close to being the student of the game like Kobe is.
It's one thing to say Kobe was more of a "student of the game" than Jordan (which is already wrong to begin with)...but to say it's not even close is asinine.
Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

airmaxpenny1 wrote:

Why Kobe is one of the greatest ever? He has prolly the biggest drive
to be great than any other basketball player had Jordan was more
competitive but I really don't think he is close to being the student
of the game like Kobe is.

Seems like no Kobe thread is complete without an idiotic statement like this.
And no Kobe thread is complete without you showing up to try and "balance things out"...
grin.gif

I'm not trying to balance it out, because the scale is, has been and always will be heavier on Jordan's side and there is nothing to balance.

I'm just pointing out the pathological urge that some posters here have to bring up Jordan out of the blue in a Kobe thread, like the poster I was replyingto. And I could see it being justified if there was a Jordan connection in the story, but there really was no need to bring up Jordan. The story was about Kobeworking out with Hakeem, nothing to do with Jordan.

Aight new season, new outlook get off my back about the fan card crap. We went over this in the championship thread.

Anyway, it is silly to say Jordan wasn't a student of the game. I think Kobe dives in more looking for more weapons to mesh into his own personal arsenal.

Kobe wants to play till 40 and get some records and put some out of reach and his path is wise to doing so. Use less energy, limit minutes during the season,and be more efficient.

I'm not talking about you balancing Jordan vs. Kobe...you're always these threads saying why Kobe isn't this or why Kobe isn't that...w/ethough.

And yeah, people need to stop bringing up Jordan in Kobe threads. And LeBron as well.

Although I've never been a fan of his, this is one thing about Kobe that I've always respected. His non-stop drive to get better.

laugh.gif
awesome. looks like his post up game is gonna get even better.

can't wait till next year when he reaches out to lebron to master the crab dribble

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

J.R. Smith (and whoever else's name you want to throw in there) should be reading that article.
f jr smith...this fool too busy working on his dinosaur walk
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

doubt J.R can read so he gonna need an audio version or some $%*%..

I am not a Lakers fan by any means but I have crazy respect for the work ethic KB has...he loves his craft and dedicateshimself to becoming better in any way possible.

yeah Jordan used to skip out on practicing and such and go on his pure athleticism. Phil often said Mike would have been so much better if he wasn'tconcerned with getting in 36 holes of golf in before a game or such and it began to take a toll on his knees and back.

Read Jordan Rules, and remember that when Jordan Rules was written, Jordan was around the same age that Kobe is at the moment.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

come on now.
laugh.gif

How is it idiotic. Kobe doesn't have the athleticism or skill that Jordan has. I'm not saying he even worked harder, I just think that Kobe dissectsthe game more than any other player ever has. Sorry y'all got butt hurt.

Thabeet also worked out with Olajuwon last week FINALLY.
pimp.gif
I wish theywould hire him to be our big man coach.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

roll.gif

Kobe doesnt have the athleticism or skill that Jordan had? Am I reading that right? Skill is something you work to get btw...

Sounded like you brought up Kobe's "drive" like Jordan never had that trait. If by "student of the game" you meant Kobe was better atbreaking down game tape or whatever, then w/e...

Either way, Ive read/heard plenty of stories of the time Jordan spent improving his game and workout regimes. Tim Grover has become renowned off of his workwith Jordan.

I always thought that was one aspect of Kobe's game that needed work. I expect him to be even more scarier now that he seeked Olajuwon for some help.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Kobe doesnt have the athleticism or skill that Jordan had? Am I reading that right? Skill is something you work to get btw...

Sounded like you brought up Kobe's "drive" like Jordan never had that trait. If by "student of the game" you meant Kobe was better at breaking down game tape or whatever, then w/e...

Either way, Ive read/heard plenty of stories of the time Jordan spent improving his game and workout regimes. Tim Grover has become renowned off of his work with Jordan.

Ben Wallace could work 100X harder than Kobe but he stwill won't have his skills. A lot of skill comes naturally. And I think Kobe ad Jordan really workedequally as hard, they just excelled at better things.

Back
Top Bottom