Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

That's how I feel about all of the Nike basketball shoes besides the Kyrie 1. Then every time they put out a nice colorway, they want to add a "premium" price.

Only they reason they aren't pimpin Kyrie Fans is because it's his first dog, watch them robe US later though. I love the KOBE Xs I can't lie. Just wish the price was "right".

Has anyone tried their orthodics in these?

Hey guys new here and first post ever. I just bought the Kobe X AS yesterday, I put my GRF Basketball Insole Orthodics (highly recommended insoles) and they fit with this shoe AMAZINGLY. After 5 hours of playing in these:
-My favorite Kobe to play in yet (have only worn 6, 7, 8, 9)
-felt to me like a 6 but better traction and amazing cushion
-mine did also peel but the material under is perfectly fine. View media item 1407462

Last edited:
Also the first court I played on was reputally know for being dusty. Even in my 9s traction was an issue on this court. In the Xs, I had no issue whatsoever. Best traction I've ever felt. Took 2 games to break in, but after that I was in love. 2 IDs on the way and copping the Blackouts Saturday. Anyone curious as to the performance aspect of these shoes that love to play in Kobe's, you will not be disappointed.

they are meant to peel people. They are the black mambas after all. Shedding that skin getting ready for next season :smile:

I will be wearing mine just casually so hope they dont peel.

Hey guys new here and first post ever. I just bought the Kobe X AS yesterday, I put my GRF Basketball Insole Orthodics (highly recommended insoles) and they fit with this shoe AMAZINGLY. After 5 hours of playing in these:
-My favorite Kobe to play in yet (have only worn 6, 7, 8, 9)
-felt to me like a 6 but better traction and amazing cushion
-mine did also peel but the material under is perfectly fine. [/quote]
how would you compare those GRF insoles to other popular insoles like Dr scholls active series, Spenco cross trainer, Sof Sole athlete, etc?

It will be interesting to hear how durable the forefoot lunarlon is since many had problems with the 8 and 9 to a lesser degree

Last edited:
Diggin' the 5 AMs

nthat.gif

Sore knees after the 8s had me drop a LeBron insole in my MP 9s which made a huge difference to me. Still didn't play long in them and switched to Jordan 28s.

this reminds me of the 4s. people would play in them and then there will be paint cracking and people go mad crazy saying that shouldn't happen and that jordans are CHEAP
my thunder 4 lasted 2yrs before cracking. and it was only after i decided to play ball in them. hopefully this will be the case with the kobe ASG

Has anyone tried their orthodics in these?
Yes I have. Since the ortholite insoles are thicker (especially in the forefoot area) than my orthotics the toebox felt a bit too roomy for my taste. Also with the ortolite insoles the shoes feel "softer" and a bit more comfortable because the ortholites provide additional cushioning which my orthotics don't. But I guess it depends on your orthotics. I have to add that most shoes don't feel quite as comfortable anymore once I put in my orthotics but with the Kobe X is was a bit more noticeable than with some other basketball shoes I have.

how would you compare those GRF insoles to other popular insoles like Dr scholls active series, Spenco cross trainer, Sof Sole athlete, etc?

It will be interesting to hear how durable the forefoot lunarlon is since many had problems with the 8 and 9 to a lesser degree

The GRF are the first insoles I've ever used. I just got them 2 weeks ago and put them in my VIs and loved them.

Sore knees after the 8s had me drop a LeBron insole in my MP 9s which made a huge difference to me. Still didn't play long in them and switched to Jordan 28s.
the lebron 11 insole still not enough cushioning? and playing in the MP! How much did you cop them for?

nothing can make this shoe look good casually

nike dumped on kobe with the x the same way they dumped on lebron with the lame xii

nothing can make this shoe look good casually

nike dumped on kobe with the x the same way they dumped on lebron with the lame xii
Idk I think the X isn't all that bad. I like it's simplicity.  I agree on the Lebron statement though. I'd say Nike dumped on Lebron even more since both the Lebron XII and the Lebron XI kinda suck... whereas the Kobe 9 was pretty dope!

Are the 5AM's on backorder with NDC? I just noticed you can't even order them and they just say "Coming Soon". Also only size 8 and 12.5 left at footlocker/eastbay/champs. They didn't sell that well did they?

Back
Top Bottom