Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Kobe 10 thoughts

So have had a few days in the 10s -  Plyometrics/jumping rope/sprints and a few games.  6' 190-195ish lbs pg/sg who plays quick, wants the best traction and likes minimal/low cut shoes. 
-Love the look of the 5 ams and just the overall aesthetics of the shoe....gotten a few compliments already
-The traction is good and will def get the job done but at least for me it is not quite in the 9s class.  I'd say 8 class prob

-Pretty comfortable just walking around/casual use. I'd say the cushioning is better than the 8s no doubt and maybe a hair better than the 9s.

-The shoe is more rigid/stiff than the 9 and just feels bulky on me compared to the 9.  I could feel being further from the floor and not being quite as explosive as I expect from any of the 9 lows (em or flyknit) or 8s. 
-Lockdown felt good, fit was pretty much TTS tho I could see some people moving down a half size and still being comfortable.  Still, 9 lockdown to me is a hair better with the flyknit and just totally feeling like it's one with ur foot. 

Overall- I like the 10. It's a solid shoe and Ill prob get a couple color ways - mostly  because  it's a really good looking shoe imo.  But after first falling in love with the 8 and then the 9 somehow 1 upping them in performance I was expecting to be blown away and for the type of player I am, it's just not a step up.  I could see maybe for bigger players and even spot up guys that the shoe might be very nice but if you use a lot of cutting/quickness in ur game the 9 is better no doubt.  Ill give em a few more days to break in but don't think it'll change- it's just a bit more "clunky" if I could use one word.  Think Ill be branching out from nike (which I've never done) and trying out some UA low top clutchfit drives  and prob a few more 9 em lows on disco ( still wish the damn color ways were better). 

few quick shots 

View media item 1394525
View media item 1394526
good review. Feel the exact same way bro. 8s and 9s are my top ball shoes ever and def try out the low clutchs cause they have a similar build and silhouette as the 8 and 9 but the micro g is better than lunarlon. Under armour is comin. Loved the anatomix spawn lows too. But think the clutch lows are better.

Just some light jogging, flexing the foot/leg in different ways. Mostly saying that based off the fit, so maybe I should've said fit.

Compared to past Kobe's I've tried on for the first time there was a big difference. The 6 and 8 for example, the second I tried them on I felt they would be beasts. Maybe the price tag is coloring my opinion but for the price these are asking you can find plenty of shoes around $100 that would be at least comparable IMO. Nothing stood out to me.

You were doing suicides in HOH?

View media item 1419714
Finally got to hoop in them. Cushioning is great, forefoot flex is great. Upper took some time to break in, reminiscent of the break in for a pair of Kobe V (stiff fuse, some hot spots around the mid foot and toe area caused some discomfort ar first). The hot spots/stiff upper definitely improved after a couple of games. The traction is amazing, seem to stick like race car tires if that makes sense, less squeaky than a traditional pair of herringbone bottomed shoes, but with more bite. I foresee these as my new faves, fit and lockdown was good, very Kobe 6 like. #teammatchymatchy

Last edited:
Loving this AS colorway. I'm flat footed and no cracking so far. And I've been taken these to the gym for squats and full body workouts. Overall a solid shoe. Not as plush as the 8 or 9, but still decent.

Blackouts are next on my list and them I'm chillin' until Nike unveils the second wave of colorways. Silk and vino have no appeal to me at all. More Laker colorways please!

Love the cushioning on these. Just need softer upper(flyknit) and more color selections then the flood gates will open.

If they release a low flyknit in a dope colorway, I will cop. If not. I think I'm done on these.

Considering doubling up on either the blackout or the blue lagoons. These shoes show wear pretty easily so if your a baller and try and somewhat keep you kicks looking clean, good luck with these.

Back
Top Bottom