Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

This, marks the end of my 6 year-lurking. lol
I lurked for a month or so before I had so many questions/comments to make that I was ready to burst
laugh.gif

Just ordered blackouts from FL. Teeter tottered on em for a while till i pulled the trigger. Lewi'd up on the all stars on release day too. Hope they don't drop the flyknit highs soon or I'll just be signing all my checks off to Nike.

Last edited:
Love how these feel but there's definitely a break-in period. First couple of games I played in them they felt too stiff, especially in that forefoot flex area. I play with orthotics in and had to use a runners loop to keep the heel locked down, but after that there were no issues with heel slippage.

I went TTS and enjoy the space in the toe box area. The fuse upper does get more pliable as more time is spent playing in them. After about 2.5 hrs, the 5 ams didn't even look like they had been played in.

The cushioning is what I was most happy about. These feel like the 8s on steroids as far as impact protection goes. The Lunar is much more dense and the heel zoom unit didn't really feel like much, but at the same time I didn't get that jarring feeling like I used to in older versions when you land really hard on your heel and can feel the old lunar just drop. Granted, the real test is that of time and how this will perform 3, 4, 5 months down the road.

The comfort level was so much better after playing a while as opposed to right out of the box. I guess people forgot what breaking in a shoe was like since most of the recent models are good to go right out the box. That is not the case with the Xs, though. I think that these have the potential to be my favorite of the line just from a performance standpoint because after a day of heavy hooping, the next day is usually when I'd feel sore as hell in my knees and shin areas with old Kobes with lunar - not with these....yet. I say yet because who knows if these will feel this good down the road.

I love the padded tongue, the traction is unbelievable, and the lock down feels great even though there is no flywire. The only problem areas were the heel slippage and time to break in. I will agree that the first time you wear them the flex points are a little weird, but as someone who has had a Jones fracture in a foot before, I can say that I like the way these Kobes flex while in-motion. B

Would I pay basically 200 for these? Absolutely not. While I love how they felt when playing, these should have been in the 150ish range as far as price is concerned. I will say that as I play in them more I will keep people updated as to how the impact protection changes, if at all. If you're a Kobe-head then you'll probably buy these regardless, but for hooping there are plenty of other options that will suit you better if you're not opposed to changing brands. The Clutchfit is still the best hoops shoe around at the moment, but if you like low cut shoes and don't mind spending more than you have to, the Xs won't disappoint.

Its funny I balled in my 8s two days ago and my legs are sore.

They were good once upon a time but not anymore.. Need a zoom insert for them.

Love the setup in the X but would have preferred zoom in the forefoot too.

Its funny I balled in my 8s two days ago and my legs are sore.

They were good once upon a time but not anymore.. Need a zoom insert for them.

Love the setup in the X but would have preferred zoom in the forefoot too.

Absolutely fam. It's funny because the Xs are set up perfectly for a zoom unit in the forefoot that would probably feel incredible after months of use with the way the outsole is. Maybe that's what elites will have along with a $220 price tag lol.

Back
Top Bottom