Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I think this is an arguement on if you can play well in non basketball shoes and that answer is of course. you can play in timbs and be 'alright' but there's a reason why there are shoes that are made specifically for basketball. Cushioning, traction, security, stability all these things and more are accounted for in these shoes to support every motion basketball players need.

To say that shoes don't matter because you can jump in non-basketball shoes is like saying you don't need utensils because you can eat with your hands

Well put.

Stability is the most important thing to me in a shoe. That's why refused to wear lebrons when they had max air. I didn't like being that high off the ground. But that's a while other topic

Oh Snap!...So the Kobe X is gunna be a "High-Top" aswell?...that's Awesome!...especially since all weve seen is pics of 'Lows"?...Looking 4ward 2cn what these "Highs" be lookin like?...props 4 that video above.

Pleeeeeeeeeease let the highs be similar to this current one 
smokin.gif

For all those saying these shouldn't cost over $150, the EM 9s were $160.....think about that for a second.  Nike isn't going to lower the price of the next sig model.  These will be $160 minimum.
KD II were $95, KD III went down to $88. It's possible. Nike can do whatever they want.

Also looking at the midsole pictures, it looks like the zoom unit has some foam or something sitting above it. Maybe they'll use some sort of combo or Lunar/Zoom in the heel and Lunar in the forefoot

I remember many people here **** on the first few pics of the 8's but we all know the rest...

Just have some patience, people.

Last edited:

I think this is an arguement on if you can play well in non basketball shoes and that answer is of course. you can play in timbs and be 'alright' but there's a reason why there are shoes that are made specifically for basketball. Cushioning, traction, security, stability all these things and more are accounted for in these shoes to support every motion basketball players need.

To say that shoes don't matter because you can jump in non-basketball shoes is like saying you don't need utensils because you can eat with your hands
no, my point was that shoes dont really matter for performance all that much. Yes in basketball you probably need more than frees to play in, but if your biomechanics are right it doesn't really matter. Do you think it really matters what shoe kobe hoops in? As long as it has stability and traction he'll still be the mamba and every other nba player as well

no, my point was that shoes dont really matter for performance all that much. Yes in basketball you probably need more than frees to play in, but if your biomechanics are right it doesn't really matter. Do you think it really matters what shoe kobe hoops in? As long as it has stability and traction he'll still be the mamba and every other nba player as well

and not every shoe provides stability and traction, especially on a hardwood floor where you're making cuts and all that. even some basketball shoes have terrible stability and traction. so it DOES matter.

You do understand that you are saying that it doesn't matter what shoe he plays in then you describe the kind of shoe he should play in? Your argument deflated upon itself. 

It matters because, from what you describe basically as needed, Kobe needs shoes with stabilit and traction. Or am I reading your direct words incorrectly

You do understand that you are saying that it doesn't matter what shoe he plays in then you describe the kind of shoe he should play in? Your argument deflated upon itself. 

It matters because, from what you describe basically as needed, Kobe needs shoes with stabilit and traction. Or am I reading your direct words incorrectly

He's contradicting himself and he doesnt even know it.

I mean that those are the only 2 attributes that a shoe for basketball NEEDS. Anything else is just for personal preference and doesn't really affect performance. Things like lunar vs zoom don't really matter for playing the game just what you prefer

I mean that those are the only 2 attributes that a shoe for basketball NEEDS. Anything else is just for personal preference and doesn't really affect performance. Things like lunar vs zoom don't really matter for playing the game just what you prefer

Either way, you acknowledge shoes matter. Even if it us for just 2 benefits, they matter.

Wonder what the significance of the 4 lines on the left shoe...just for style?

Detail in the translucent midsole looks interesting, but I hope that's not a staple in every cw like the clear soles in every LeBron 12s.

Last edited:
Probably because most of these dudes aren't even hooping in their knit sneakers. They just think it looks better.

Back
Top Bottom