Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I felt like the Inspiration, Legacy, Victory, and Sequoia sat. Things picked up again with XMAS, WTK and BHM.

But the revealed Elite highs are all probably going to sit (well maybe not the Rose Gold).

Wash year for Kobe. Wash year for his shoes.

I felt like the Inspiration, Legacy, Victory, and Sequoia sat. Things picked up again with XMAS, WTK and BHM.

But the revealed Elite highs are all probably going to sit (well maybe not the Rose Gold).

Wash year for Kobe. Wash year for his shoes.

Until/unless some flyknit X lows drop... either with retail releases or iD...

Do the flyknit X's breath better than the IX's?
From what I saw yesterday, they do. Less glue and whatever synthetic material they used in the 9. The upper is thinner in certain areas.

And as far as the elite lows go, folks are acting like they set the world on fire last year besides iDs and Beethoven. Moonwalkers are hitting outlets and the Thrillers hit discount.

Don't let Kobes played in signature line end like this Nike!!

Alot of shoe hits outlets in some form so you can't judge how well received a shoe is if it ends up there.

Alot of shoe hits outlets in some form so you can't judge how well received a shoe is if it ends up there.
That's true.

But still feel like the X as a product line is caught in a snake trap.

We had the Preludes leading up to the 9s then the knock out punch called the Masterpiece. There was a lot of momentum last year with the advent of the first flyknit basket ball shoe and the sequel to the Kobe 8.

I also wish these were cheaper. There are way better cheaper alternatives.

That's true.

But still feel like the X as a product line is caught in a snake trap.

We had the Preludes leading up to the 9s then the knock out punch called the Masterpiece. There was a lot of momentum last year with the advent of the first flyknit basket ball shoe and the sequel to the Kobe 8.

I also wish these were cheaper. There are way better cheaper alternatives.
They could have definitely ended his line with the the preludes leading up to the 9s and I would not be mad, kind of like ending breaking bad at a high point without letting it go downhill but we just gotta deal with what we get, we either buy it or don't.

There's going to be no end to the Kobe line.

Nike has millions tied into the line. It'll be like the Penny's, Jordan's, Gloves, etc.

We'll get retros and a signature line. The only way things will stop is if the line shows no growth or posts huge losses.

Yeah I know it wont stop because it's dollar signs. Im just saying everything peaks and Kobes definitely peaked at the MP.

The expectations on the X were too damn high coming from the 9 and too reach those expectations were so unrealistic.

Remember how polarizing the 9 was when it first came out with so many complaints of looking like a boxing shoe? I expect the same thing to happen to the X later on where everyone will fully embrace them.

I enjoy the X but I just wish the traction pattern wasn't designed with those little nubs that would grind down so easily on and off the court.

The problem with the X is that while the 9 Elite took a lot of risks, and pushed the overall design aesthetic of a modern basketball shoe--while maintaining and improving upon the formula of the 8-- the X in general just lacks character.

Honestly, call it the X, call it the Zoom Crusader 2(ignoring the Run the One). The X just more than anything looks like a simple, team basketball shoe. Clearly that's something they were going for, but nothing about this silhouette really has a personality. The Team Bank colorways being released only reinforce that. It's partially refreshing--a nice contrast to the pukey Lebron 12 and KD 7 colorways, but man, Kobe deserves better, his line had always pushed things forward, this model is just completely pedestrian, even with better cushion, even with a more-responsive(in theory) traction. It all just lacks personality.

Last edited:
There only has been 1 flyknit colorway drop so far, let's pump the breaks before we say it's a huge drop off from the 9. Many more colorways to come that we don't even know of.

You're right the premature doom and gloom is a bit early. However, we've seen three Elite High color ways. Out the gate, they're okay/lackluster.

Hopefully, the next wave is a bit more exciting.

There only has been 1 flyknit colorway drop so far, let's pump the breaks before we say it's a huge drop off from the 9. Many more colorways to come that we don't even know of.

Yeah I agree. I have not been a fan of the X so far, but once the elite lows are available to the general public, things will pick up again. I will say this though; the appearance of the flyknit in the X (and even the HTM) doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as did the IX's (even though it may be more functional).

On another note, saw these on IG
View media item 1497747

I think this time around nike will make a bigger emphasis on the flyknit lows. Lot of people complained there wasn't enough colorways so I think they will amp up a little.

DownrightAdorableEsok.gif

Yeah I agree. I have not been a fan of the X so far, but once the elite lows are available to the general public, things will pick up again. I will say this though; the appearance of the flyknit in the X (and even the HTM) doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as did the IX's (even though it may be more functional).

On another note, saw these on IG
View media item 1497747

Instacop!

I think this time around nike will make a bigger emphasis on the flyknit lows. Lot of people complained there wasn't enough colorways so I think they will amp up a little.
Dont expect any more than 4 GR cws of the Elite Lows and to boot there will be 4 Mid EXT 
mean.gif

The bonus is the XMAS KBX is a Elite Low this year 

I tried on the Elite High today and Im quite impressed they are probably the closest we will see to a true FK shoe, very light and comfortable. 

The outsole works with High but the back look pretty bland, so at that 225 price point Ill be sitting out until the next model. 

Im ready for KB XI 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom