Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

This year, the Lebron 12s and KD 7s were hitting 40% discounts(previously unheard of for in-season sneakers here) just a few months after release. Kobe's haven't taken quite that much of a hit, but every colorway beyond the Fundamentals and Rose Gold are absolutely sitting in a FSR at many retailers. Kyrie's have been selling like crazy though, even the unpopular colorways. Price really impacts it. KD/Kobe/Lebron are all $230+ here now.
I like the rose golds but not at that price; wish they stuck around until they dropped in price.  I know the green vinos were at the nike outlet at niagara for 159 a while back.  just wait a little longer and we'll be seeing more at outlets on a bigger scale :D.  

To the person that said they need to simplify the colorways, you could not make this shoe any more basic. Each shoe is mostly a plain solid color. I think that is the biggest problem with this line

To the person that said they need to simplify the colorways, you could not make this shoe any more basic. Each shoe is mostly a plain solid color. I think that is the biggest problem with this line
I agree. I like the colors that dropped but I understand they're not for everyone. The Fundamentals were absolutely gobbled up though and they're probably the most basic. 

I'm really just speaking from what I hear from customers on a daily basis especially towards the Xs. Fundamentals were only pair we sold out of compared to let's say The pains a very out there cw and we'll not really great looking we got 82 pairs and only down to 76 since it's release ..I'm not saying make everything black/white or always simple but BETTER the assortment. I feel the CWs were much more balanced with the Kobe 4s and 5s we had limited CWs( Christmas, all star etc) which were great and we also got pretty nice GRs, can't say the same but 9s and 10s.

Last edited:
And I'll post a pic of The purple pair that's dropping end of month...Another pair I'm sure we'll sit on lol

They are solid colors but what do those colors consist of?  All purple?  Orange?  Blue? Dark Green?

Then you have stuff like the ASG, the Pains, and the 4th of July pairs that look terrible.

I think they should do more pairs with a white or black base and different accent colors.  Much easier to wear casually.

Last thing in the world I want to wear casually is a shoe that is 1/3 yellow, 1/3 orange, 1/3 black.  That colorway is terrible,

There is a reason the Rose Golds and Fundamentals sold out and nothing else has. 

So many people complaining.

Kobe is on his way out. Who knows what the future holds for his line going forward post career. IMO they are doing him dirty with the lack of execution on one of the last shoes he will play in. As a fan of Kobe and his line it is annoying to me.

It's not 2012 anymore. People don't want loud colorways as much as they used to. Besides the kids, more people want simpler, clean colorways that they can wear with anything. 

They are solid colors but what do those colors consist of?  All purple?  Orange?  Blue? Dark Green?

Then you have stuff like the ASG, the Pains, and the 4th of July pairs that look terrible.

I think they should do more pairs with a white or black base and different accent colors.  Much easier to wear casually.

Last thing in the world I want to wear casually is a shoe that is 1/3 yellow, 1/3 orange, 1/3 black.  That colorway is terrible,

There is a reason the Rose Golds and Fundamentals sold out and nothing else has. 

Where's the ASG sitting at retail? Nothing is selling out now. That doesn't determine a good shoe.

Where's the ASG sitting at retail? Nothing is selling out now. That doesn't determine a good shoe.
Well its pretty easy to see it determines what type of colorways people like.  If they release a white model base flynit low you think those wont sell out?

Same dudes complaining about CWs would prob all rock the HTMs. Any of them. Not because they are the "best colors" but because of what they are.

Kobe 10s don't have any hype this year and no one likes them. Dudes will buy any Jordan in black and red but the Kobes in the same color are loud. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
The problem isn't the colours it's the price. Put the Kobe back to $140 and they will fly off the shelves like the Kobe 8 did.

2 models later and they want $180 for something that isn't much better than before? I'm happy they're sitting. Nike needs to re evaluate their game plan with this model.

Look at the kyries, they're really popular and I see them everywhere.. And I bet the price has something to do with that.

The problem isn't the colours it's the price. Put the Kobe back to $140 and they will fly off the shelves like the Kobe 8 did.

2 models later and they want $180 for something that isn't much better than before? I'm happy they're sitting. Nike needs to re evaluate their game plan with this model.

Look at the kyries, they're really popular and I see them everywhere.. And I bet the price has something to do with that.
I agree with both you guys. Kyrie's have been selling out but a lot of people complain about them performance-wise. They do have some nice colors though. 

Believe or not ALOT of customers complain about the carbon fiber piece, most people say it "looks stupid" and " This black thing makes my foot look wide" lol

You can find Kobes for 130 everyday and they are still not flying off the shelves.  

Well, hey to each their own lol. They remind me of Mardi Gras.

Maybe Nike is trying to kill the Kobe demand to make way for KD.

Sort of like when nike dropped the Penny IVs right before killing the line.
Come on Bro it's bad enough I have to deal with kobe retiring soon lol & to think of line ending smfh don't want to place that on my mind yet lol

Back
Top Bottom