Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

It makes me want to video tape myself at the post office packaging poduct and handing it to the clerk there. Video proof.

It makes me want to video tape myself at the post office packaging poduct and handing it to the clerk there. Video proof.
Was reading through the ebay community forums and read that a seller did exactly that with all their packages. Eventually the seller ran into a buyer complaint and when the seller tried to use the video, ebay refused to use it as evidence in the seller's favor.

Just a heads up. My friend sold his white Kobe X HTMs on eBay for $400, which was a good deal to JImmy Wong. He filed a claim and shipped my friend back a used pair of sandals. People can be so low these days. If you see him or he wants to deal with you run away. Jimmy Wong, New York, and his phone number is 917-251-3736. Anyone have any idea what my friend can do? Thanks.
SMH.  That's disgusting man.  Sorry to hear about that though

Both dudes are rats, don't like resellers or scammers.

A reason why I only do in-person trades

Last edited:
On feet pic via instagram :angry:nihil_timeo
i'm on these, though a gum sole and midsole still would've been better

will def be doing a lace swap
I know my mans Achilles is throbbin

I wore my exts for legit a while day and by 8pm I started to feel them dig into my Achilles even with crew socks on
I had no such problems and my Xs were way more comfy than my IXs

Last edited:

Was reading through the ebay community forums and read that a seller did exactly that with all their packages. Eventually the seller ran into a buyer complaint and when the seller tried to use the video, ebay refused to use it as evidence in the seller's favor.
most of the selling platform, ebay, paypal etc. are going to side with the buyer unless the buyer's account has many reported history. 

ebay generates their revenues from the buyer buying stuff, not from sellers listing items, so they will always side with the buyer 90% of the time. 

what you can do to protect yourself as a seller is to;

1. take a lot of pictures (12 pics should be plenty, but sometimes even means paying a little extra for extra photos)

2. even when people buys and pays, always check their feedbacks first before sending your items out

3. don't leave feedbacks until you received feedbacks or has communicated with the buyer. 

4. make sure you list every detail about the item you are selling in the description. if it has a slight wear anywhere, just put it in the description. don't just go "vnds" or "hardly worn" BS in your listing. 

5. setting a return policy or not is up to you, but if you are worried about the buyer returning the item using the "not as described" it is best if you allow a 14days return period. this way after 14days they can't return the item to get a refund for any reason. If they do use the return they need to pay for the return shipping. It also means they know what they are returning. If you received "sandals" in this case you can file a report against him. it won't guarantee you get your item or money back, but it's your best bet. 

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Ebay makes most of their revenue off of seller fees.

However, without buyers, sellers wouldn't bother to post so they make it "safer" for buyers participate.

The seller fees are horrendous and I'm 100% positive thats where ebay gets most of its money.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure Ebay makes most of their revenue off of seller fees.

However, without buyers, sellers wouldn't bother to post so they make it "safer" for buyers participate.

The seller fees are horrendous and I'm almost positive thats where ebay gets most of its money.
yes they do and only time they charge seller fee is when your item sells which means the money comes from the buyer. 10% (including your shipping fee) and then 3% paypal fee. 

but it is what it is, i just learn to price accordingly when i sell. 

Last edited:

yes they do and only time they charge seller fee is when your item sells which means the money comes from the buyer. 10% (including your shipping fee) and then 3% paypal fee. 

but it is what it is, i just learn to price accordingly when i sell. 
What are you talking about? The money that comes from the buyer goes to the seller then the seller is charged a fee which goes to eBay. They make most of their money off sellers, not buyers. You don't pay any fees when purchasing an item. I understand that without the buyer there is no sale, therefore no seller fees. But the buyer isn't paying eBay, the buyer is paying for the item. The seller pays eBay.

Last edited:
Just a heads up. My friend sold his white Kobe X HTMs on eBay for $400, which was a good deal to JImmy Wong. He filed a claim and shipped my friend back a used pair of sandals. People can be so low these days. If you see him or he wants to deal with you run away. Jimmy Wong, New York, and his phone number is 917-251-3736. Anyone have any idea what my friend can do? Thanks.

Curious to know the feedback rating of the buyer. Maybe the best solution is to not sell to low or zero feedback buyers

I sell a lot on eBay when I buy new kicks and need to trim my collection. This scares me to death. I made the mistake of selling a $200 pair of Js a decade ago without tracking and delivery confirmation and got screwed over

Curious to know the feedback rating of the buyer. Maybe the best solution is to not sell to low or zero feedback buyers

I sell a lot on eBay when I buy new kicks and need to trim my collection. This scares me to death. I made the mistake of selling a $200 pair of Js a decade ago without tracking and delivery confirmation and got screwed over
Thanks for all the feedback. Will let me friend know. His feedback was 5. eBay user ID is juajimmwon. I knew it was a scam when the buyer's complaint was it was the wrong shoes. I told my friend it was a scam. Then the buyer pulls this stunt with the used sandals. 

What are you talking about? The money that comes from the buyer goes to the seller then the seller is charged a fee which goes to eBay. They make most of their money off sellers, not buyers. You don't pay any fees when purchasing an item. I understand that without the buyer there is no sale, therefore no seller fees. But the buyer isn't paying eBay, the buyer is paying for the item. The seller pays eBay.
i know that's why whenever i sell something i price it out "accordingly", but think about it. 

when sellers are selling an item and are looking to get say for example $340 for on ebay you are not going to list that item on ebay for $340. you will be listing it at least $370 or more. The seller still got what they want after paying the fees. It's the buyer that is actually paying the fees.

that's also why when you have legit sellers you can always make them an offer of at least 10% off what they are asking and use paypal with invoice. IF they are legit sellers. 

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the same Jimmy Wong that runs the "J Wong Boutique" in Elmhurst. I got more dirt on this dude if it's.

@jordanallday

That's an awful story man. It's a shame that some people behave like this 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Opening Night Pack, drops Nov. 11

A saturated yellow Flyknit upper distinguishes the KOBE X that Bryant will wear when Los Angeles begins its season at home, on Wednesday. Groundbreaking innovation and vibrant color have been the KOBE X  trademark since its unveiling and this shoe, which debuts against Minnesota, is no different. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom