Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

x highs aren't awful, their just not a visual work of art like the 9 highs, I find myself not being able to get excited about the sequel that's not really half as good

x highs aren't awful, their just not a visual work of art like the 9 highs, I find myself not being able to get excited about the sequel that's not really half as good
This. Every Elite IX high was beautiful in my eyes except the Showtimes (ugly as hell) and the NRG pairs (too plain) while the Xs have not been horrible, just kinda "tolerable" ...I think the lows aside from the Mambacurials are weak as hell. Really hoping Tinker comes with something dope, not feeling his recent Jordan work all that much. :\

Oh my, these are unbelievable.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed.  I think that on the 9's the upper piece from the ankle up looked better built.  The upper shroud piece from the ankle up on the X looks flimsy and kinda cheap to me.  
Reds shoulda been lows
Definitely!  But I also wish they all were lows, not into the highs this season.  
laugh.gif

Imo, it depends on the cw and depends on personal preference. I actually bought the m10 year of the horse for casual wear, but couldn't keep them because of a major defect in the outsole where there was a giant bubble near the toe box. Those still has the best true full grain leather I've seen on Jordan's in a long time. I also bought the xmas M11, but those I'm still using them on court. They look awesome tho even if you use them casually. I only have the mambacurial X and still using those indoor as well. I dunno if I'd be wearing them casually afterwards tho.

I actually sent back two pairs to Nike because of the defect they gave me $165 each and I bought the shoes for 80 a piece

I'd much rather have an elite version of the fundamentals. I only bought the 5 AMs in the non-elite line. Just not doing it for me.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the X has been the fairly sizable letdown from the 9s that many expected. Just look at all the PEs that were made and you can see that they held back the heat. They could have went strictly low top this year and the line would have been better served by keeping the IX as the once in a life-'line' high opportunity. I think it's been cheapened by the execution of the X highs. What, we have 4 colorways so far with only the rose golds being elite worthy? These 'bruce lees' are a let down (not even on FTL's or NDC's launch calendars). From pics they don't look to be the right shade of yellow and there's no accenting whatsoever. The USAs look nice but will we even get them? And that tongue similar to the commander's :x And it's not like there's much to look forward to with only 1-2 highs left. We're two months away from the XI.

Plus they could have flipped what they did with the IX with its focus on highs and for the X brought out a few highs while focusing on lows but they didn't even do that. There were countless highs and only three lows in the IX whereas there have only been four lows for the X. I think the lows were okay. I like the Chesters and the purp Opening Nights/Draft Day. The mambacurials were missing something. So much more could have been done with the asymmetrical to make it a worthwhile concept. And just putting them on ID was not nearly enough, one for the inflated price but two for the lower quality and the awful painted flyknit. What do we have, only one elite low left in the X line?

The other problem was the focus on the non-elites. Were there over 15? It seems like it. Everyone wanted more elite lows and less EMs with the IX and didn't get them so what did Nike do? They made even more non-elites with the X. They will end up only having a few more elite lows in the X compared to the IX. And they will have a great deal less elite highs. It just boggles the mind.

All that being said I have all the elites so far with a no imagination shark htm ID made and a MC ID on the way. And don't misunderstand. This is a link to my pre-X Kobe collection I posted in the IX thread (I ain't taking them all out again to add the Xs :lol:). I rep Kobe and Nike but I feel they really dropped the ball with the X.

Here's to hoping there's something great in store for the XI.

[/soapbox]

This is the color blocking that should have been done from the start instead of asym.
:lol: that is the colorblocking we get. I like the asymmetrical look of the IDs like the IXs or even a solid 1 color upper as opposed to the random toe colors. All black and those PEs would be dope.

I don't like the white toe on those. Looks out of place. I'll post a screen shot of a pair that's in 2k16 that looks better than those later. It's a low too.

I guess I disagree. I have a lot of IX highs - I think I am only missing the Superhero, Showtime, Victory, and Perspective. So, I must like them. BUT, I think the IX looks more complicated than the X because it was Nike's first attempt at this very high, low profile silo. There are other shoes as high, but they have more collar padding, and more traditional basketball shoe cues. I think the X is a refinement of the IX's - they took away instead of adding - the shoe looks sleeker, more considered - it's an evolution of the IX. I think the fail on the X high is not the silo, it's just unimaginative FK. Lacking the ankle collar/heel counter overlay which was used to carry a graphic on the IX quite often in addition to more variation in the FK even on relatively single color versions, the X seems plain. But I absolutely think its a better silo - looks and feel - it's just the second iteration and not as groundbreaking, and generally not as visually interesting.

Does anyone find it weird that the opening night packs aren't on the launch locator for nike or footlocker. I thought maybe it was just the Kobe's but its also the KD and Lebrons that aren't.

I guess I disagree. I have a lot of IX highs - I think I am only missing the Superhero, Showtime, Victory, and Perspective. So, I must like them. BUT, I think the IX looks more complicated than the X because it was Nike's first attempt at this very high, low profile silo. There are other shoes as high, but they have more collar padding, and more traditional basketball shoe cues. I think the X is a refinement of the IX's - they took away instead of adding - the shoe looks sleeker, more considered - it's an evolution of the IX. I think the fail on the X high is not the silo, it's just unimaginative FK. Lacking the ankle collar/heel counter overlay which was used to carry a graphic on the IX quite often in addition to more variation in the FK even on relatively single color versions, the X seems plain. But I absolutely think its a better silo - looks and feel - it's just the second iteration and not as groundbreaking, and generally not as visually interesting.

I see what you're saying and to clarify my statement more I'm not referring to anything performance or anything pertaining to wearability (although I personally feel the 9 high is one of the most comfy shoes I own) I'm talking pure visual... I'm a fan of form fitting and "sleeker" looking kicks for sure but what the x high offers up isn't anything superior on shape IMO to the 9, what makes the 9 more striking/engaging is the midsole to outsole (which is one of the coolest looking of alltime) without trying to stretch too much here the 9 looks more "organic" with what you mentioned of flyknit patterns/colors personally you could put any combo of colors on the x and none would touch the detail cw alone IMO, for example putting nothing but grey tones and black on the x would be a shadow of how truly beautiful the details are

Back
Top Bottom