Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

The latest installment to the KOBE X is the "Blackout", inspired by when Kobe used to get beat up as a young boy in Italy, "blacking out" to unconsciousness. Nike went against the grain with this release, adding a deep purple to match the bruises Kobe received while getting beat. The strong mesh upper, symbolizes Kobe's strength and endurance, as he was beat up over and over as a child. The KOBE X’s dynamic traction is sure to help you get away from the typical playground beatdown, or even a back alley mugging.

The Nike Kobe X "Blackout" release date is Feb. 21, 2015.

roll.gif

Nice. I just ordered the 5AM and shorts about 20 mins ago. Can't wait until my package arrives.

Are those shorts worth $65? I want a pair but that's a grip for some shorts.
Yea I'm not sure if they're worth it. They're lighter than just about any other pair of Nike shorts I've had before, think basically swim trunks without the netting inside. I had some gift cards and really liked the color/design of them.

After seeing the 5 10s in plenty pics. My list out of the first batch goes like this.

5AM
Silk
Best CWs by far IMO.

Vino
Blackout
The black laces and tongue throw them off. Should have been all one color like the 5AM.

ASG
Not bad but just the weakest thus far.

Last edited:
I don't really care for the way the carbon shank fits into the space it's in, but it definitely looks better with it than without. Even more so that it's functional. 

Does anyone else not like how the midsole and outsole are always translucent? Would anyone besides me prefer solid options for both of those? 

Why wouldn't it?

You need it there in order for the shoe to have support while playing basketball.

I feel like it would have just the same support without it.. None of the other models had anything in that area and it was fine. A man can dream can't he?

View media item 1397210

The latest installment to the KOBE X is the "Blackout", inspired by when Kobe used to get beat up as a young boy in Italy, "blacking out" to unconsciousness. Nike went against the grain with this release, adding a deep purple to match the bruises Kobe received while getting beat. The strong mesh upper, symbolizes Kobe's strength and endurance, as he was beat up over and over as a child. The KOBE X’s dynamic traction is sure to help you get away from the typical playground beatdown, or even a back alley mugging.

The Nike Kobe X "Blackout" release date is Feb. 21, 2015.

This is genius hahaha

Repped.  Thanks for the quick review on the kobe X,  how would you compare the jordan 29 to the kobe x and kobe 9
Everyone really like the Jordan 29, overall its a really well rounded shoe I think it does everything really well, pretty much jack of all trades master of none. For my foot personally they were painful at first and a pain in the *** to break in. The zoom wasn't as prominent as the 10's and the traction was not as good. The 29 is superior in the upper and lock down, so essentially you're getting better support and a more bouncy feeling. They're all really good shoes but it really depends on the type of player you are and how heavy you step/land. 

The purple "Blackouts" do look good (and I swear I saw a photo showing a 3M swoosh), but I've got all the purple kicks I need.

Oh...and I'm still waiting to actually try on the model and see if I like it
laugh.gif
Should be here tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom