Kyle Cured Cancer ... 4/1/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep fighting brother! Do not back down - not by an inch! You are so close to the finish line - keep pushing :D

That fund raiser looked awesome. Great of Hilliard to come out & do that. Keep fighting bro. You got this :nthat:

whats up fam. how are you? talk to us
I am doing as expected in my recovery. 

I concluded my treatment 10/5/15

I lost my voice, barely have it back. 

I still cannot eat. Can barely drink. 

My doctor said the end of the treatment was going to be the worst, and he was right. The inside of my mouth was literally burned off. It is the worst feeling ever. A common side effect is excess mucus in my mouth. For 24 hours a day, I spit and drool. And I literally mean 24 hours a day because I cannot and do not sleep. When I try to "sleep" I have to lay on my side because I have a feeding tube in my stomach and have to keep a paper towel in my mouth. I cannot lay on my back because I will choke on the mucus. Both of my hips and both of my shoulders are extremely sore. i use so many paper towels throughout the day because I can not stop spitting up this mucus. Every day moves sooooooo slooooooooow. This has truly been a nightmare. 

Even though my life still really sucks, I am starting to see an improvement. Some of the inflammation in my mouth has gone down. My whole mouth doesn't burn anymore, just the side where my tumor was(they had to extra radiation there). I still drool all day everyday, but not as much. The mucus in my mouth is only in one side of my throat, so that is good. My doctor said if I can continue to improve I should be able to eat soft foods in a few weeks. I CANNOT WAIT to start eating, because then I will get my feeding tube out. Once that happens I will be able to sleep on my stomach, go to the gym, and just feel more normal. 

This whole process really tested my strength and my will. I contiplated suicide many a night. If it wasn't for my daughter... I don't know. People can't really understand the suffering you go through when you have these symptoms. I hear people say.... "At least you are alive." Let me tell you first hand... if this is being alive than I don't want to live. It was that bad. I am slowly turning a corner though. In January they are going to do another scan on me to see if they got all of the cancer. 

Sorry I wrote so much. I updated my blog a few times if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.kylekostic.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Bro......you are at the bend now. No need for thinking dark thoughts. I actually think it's normal to contemplate suicide in your case but to actually do it is another thing. I think in our darkest times, we all think irrational thoughts but in retrospect for some, it's just a phase that soon passes if you know or are willing to get better. My buddy that is going through a divorce is suffering from anxiety and I know that is silly to compare to but he can't sleep at all and his mind is essentially destroying him.

Hopefully at least a Netflix binge can do you some good. Also even talking on NT is a good thing. At least there is communication to the outside world from the comfort of your home.

I feel for you man. I hope all this passes soon.

Keep turning the corner fam.

You're right it's easy to sit back and say at least you're still here without going thru that type of pain yourself.

Just keep the hope alive bro

Can't even begin to imagine what all that is like. Glad to hear that you are improving. That's a good sign. Best wishes to you man! Keep fighting!

Just read everything, and this really hits close to home with me. My aunt (38) had breast cancer and it was one of the hardest experiences for us as a family. Not only does cancer affect you, it affects everyone around you. I'll never forget how depressed my aunt got because she couldn't do the normal things that made her feel "normal" . She hated that she couldn't wash dishes, or clean the kitchen, or didn't have the strength to vacuum. It was hard as hell on me because I wanted to be there for her but I didn't know how. She'd get upset when I tried to help. To the point where I would help her clean things when she wasn't looking.

I guess all I want to say to you , is know that you're not alone. I hope everything works out for you and your family. it was a very tough time for us but we all pulled through it. There were times she would just hug me and cry. I'm not one to believe that everything happens for a reason. But watching her go through what she went through helped me value life and the small things. Like being able to wash dishes.

Just wanted to say you came across my thoughts today bro. Sending positive vibes your way. Keep up the fight.

This whole process really tested my strength and my will. I contiplated suicide many a night. If it wasn't for my daughter... I don't know. People can't really understand the suffering you go through when you have these symptoms. I hear people say.... "At least you are alive." Let me tell you first hand... if this is being alive than I don't want to live. It was that bad. I am slowly turning a corner though. In January they are going to do another scan on me to see if they got all of the cancer.

Glad to see you're doing better and hanging in there. You got a lot to live for man.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@MECKS I totally understand what your aunt went through. I was so depressed (I honestly still am but it's getting better).

I went from being this super athlete to needing to my moms help to walk to the bathroom. I would lay in the bed for 30 minutes until i gathered the strength to get up. I would get mad at my girl and my mom when they asked me for things, even though i always needed help. Becoming someone else and losing your normalcy really makes a person want to lose it.

I am getting "close." Once i can eat my recovery will speed up ten fold. I just have to tell myself to stay patient. Im not going to lie, being patient is tough

Damn. ..... I hope u do well on this phase of your road to recovery man..... I can't even fathom the challenges ur facing right now ..... reading that was tough........ but I hope n pray u hang in there n push through towards getting your health and spirit back 100% ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom