Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alma Matter

• Duke

• Easter

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
so nike basically just added a few patches on the 2's that you can pretty much make on nike ID and labeled them allstars? wow!

so nike basically just added a few patches on the 2's that you can pretty much make on nike ID and labeled them allstars? wow!

Uh no, not even close. They ugly, but theyre way different than anything you can make on ID. The detachable strap swoosh, which is a different color than the heel swoosh, the entire colorway, the strap design, like you said the patches, the material used on the uppers. Yeah pretty much nothing like ID options fam

You guys do know hes been injured this season which is why hes not in the ASG. Thats not the first time that has happened for a nike sig athlete

Actually.. In the 1997-1998 season, Penny was injured all but of 18 games and was voted as a starter ( and for some reason actually played in that game). So I don't think injury has anything to do with it.. I think it's all about popularity. And for Nike athletes with signature shoes, making the all star team seems like it should be a sure thing, especially when Nike is a company that thrives off of gimicky themes such as Easter, BHM, and "ALL STARS GAME" packs.

Actually.. In the 1997-1998 season, Penny was injured all but of 18 games and was voted as a starter ( and for some reason actually played in that game). So I don't think injury has anything to do with it.. I think it's all about popularity. And for Nike athletes with signature shoes, making the all star team seems like it should be a sure thing, especially when Nike is a company that thrives off of gimicky themes such as Easter, BHM, and "ALL STARS GAME" packs.

Bro youre not making sense

You don't think Kyries injury had anything to do with him not making the team...ok bro lmao

Penny would've been voted in if he played one game that year, because he was immensely popular. So just because penny was voted in despite injury, you think that had anything to do with kyle and wall getting votes that Kyrie would've got if healthy. Uhhhh ok guy.

Also, nike hyping up packs has nothing to do with fans voting

Kyrie had a broken knee cap up until a month ago. If he as playing from opening night no doubt in my mind he would be voted as a starter. He still not back to his full strength and still dropping 20+ games.
Making the top 10 each night.
Playing on the top team in the East.
If your doing that from October to Jan your gonna be seen enough & worthy enough to be in the all star game.
It's a popularity contest the starters and he is already one of the most popular & best guards in the league.
I still think he could of gotten more votes only playing a handful of games than lowery if the game wasn't in Toronto.

If still much prefer to watch Kyrie over any of the other guards in the east. Deserving on games played or not.

Last edited:
Quote:
Curry is that guy right now. That could change in a season or two.
Not saying it will, but it could happen.
Curry might be that dude at the moment, but those ankles will forsake him again...eventually
mad.gif
(salty kyrie fan here 
smile.gif
)

If I remember correctly, Curry blamed Nike cutting corners on their products as to why his ankles were having problems.

Bro youre not making sense

You don't think Kyries injury had anything to do with him not making the team...ok bro lmao

Penny would've been voted in if he played one game that year, because he was immensely popular. So just because penny was voted in despite injury, you think that had anything to do with kyle and wall getting votes that Kyrie would've got if healthy. Uhhhh ok guy.

Also, nike hyping up packs has nothing to do with fans voting

You are making my point for me.. I'm saying that (or asking) is Kyrie really an athlete popular enough to warrant a signature shoe.. You said "you do know the reason he's not in the all star game is due to injury" and I was just giving you an example of a case where this has happened (Penny).

I don't understand what you don't get.. But okay.

It's hard to compare the 90s or even early 2000s to all the special "packs" that Nike does nowadays for ASG, BHM, Easter, XMAS

It's just my opinion, but I just think when you are a Nike athlete with the signature shoe (in today's era).. You are like the star jock in high school.. And there's certain things you don't do.. Unwritten rules if you will.. And missing all-star games is one of them. Especially when Nike thrives on gimicky packs like BHM, EASTER, USA, Christmas, and "ALL-STAR GAMES". Like with Kobe, Lebron, KD.. You know for a fact with 0% doubt that they will not miss an all-star game (by voting that is). Today's Nike athletes with Signature shoes are the players that put fans in their seats and sell out arenas.. Kyrie isn't one of those players. I'm just talking about my opinion of Nike in today's age.

To be honest, Nike would probably trade Lebron, KD, Kobe, Kyrie, George, and Davis for Curry--dude's the most marketable figure in the NBA. Nike got bailed out due to his UA line looking like trash though--especially the 2s.

View media item 554135
The same Steph Curry who is barely selling a third of what Lebron's sig is selling? It wasn't by a lot, but Kyrie outsold Steph last year. Kids these days. You guys are such prisoners of the moment :smh:.

View media item 554135
The same Steph Curry who is barely selling a third of what Lebron's sig is selling? It wasn't by a lot, but Kyrie outsold Steph last year. Kids these days. You guys are such prisoners of the moment :smh:.

Naw

if Steph was with Nike and Nike laced him with a super clean signature shoe at a nice price point with some tech, Steph would be selling circles around everybody. If Steph's UA sales were low, thats because UA is not Nike and not even close. His 2's are underwhelming.

Back to Kyries... did yall see this shirt? I like it

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/kyrie-effect-t-shirt/pid-11168141/pgid-11222937

^^^agree. I'm not a Steph fanboy whatsoever, and as a Spurs fan, I can honestly say that I root against him, but I was just trying to say that realistically, his stock is more valuable than Nike's core 6 players.

To echo other's sentiments, UA's don't sell well because they simply don't have the visibility Nike has in basketball, and they almost never will. Pair that with the fact that the Curry 1 and 2 look like trash(imo). But the growth potential is there. UA has already surpassed Adidas, who has much more of a precense in the NBA.

People forget that Lebron's didn't exactly blow people away and movie units until Petrie got involved, and he was 7-8 shoes in at that point. Curry's growth rate, in spite of trash designs and fledgling market visibility via UA is impressive.

But again, the Kyrie 2 is a dope model. Love my Effects and BHM, and thinking about adding Infernos to the mix. Just saying, in all honestly, Curry is probably worth more in the next 5 years than Nike's core 3, and upcoming 3.

Not salty about it, but it's disappointing that Nike let Curry and even Harden walk, while they're clearly priming George, who's a much more flawed player in a worse market.

Imagine if curry had the kd8 and was putting up the same numbers as a Nike athlete. That thread wouldn't be no damn 80 pages. Kids wearing futures and true flights steady coming into sneaker stores in their rat packs and ask for currys. Aqua 8s and maroons sitting on the shelf can rot, their eyes will light up about some northern light currys tho.

That is correct, Kyrie was second in the ASG voting this year until a few days before the voting ended, so he almost made it, but the there was a sudden voting push for Kyle Lowry then!

Penny was very popular back then, but after 1997-1998 season Nike stopped marketing him anymore, besides Jordan he got the most attention! I think the last T-Shirt they made for him was in late 97/ early 98? So the Penny IV was basically released with no apparell!

Imagine if curry had the kd8 and was putting up the same numbers as a Nike athlete. That thread wouldn't be no damn 80 pages. Kids wearing futures and true flights steady coming into sneaker stores in their rat packs and ask for currys. Aqua 8s and maroons sitting on the shelf can rot, their eyes will light up about some northern light currys tho.

Currys dont sell like that, they did for during the playoffs last year, and about a month after the championship. thats about it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom