L/C DMP XI's HELP!

Hey guys...
My friend is a HUGE shoe head. Honestly one of the best collections I have ever seen. He has over 300 J's and is a known sneakerhead in my area. He probably knows more about shoes than I do. 

Yet, I found this picture of his which shows 3 of his DMP packs. I have seen these before and they all look 100% legit except this 1 pair that he has shown in the picture.

He said these were a limited release, with the Gold Jordan Letters across the side of shoe by the laces. 

I think that they might be fake and wanted to see what the pros think. 
pimp.gif

My reasons are as follows:

- Gold letters

- Stitching is suspicous

- super blue soles (yet all the shoes in this pic look like they have blue soles????)

- toebox looks smaller then usual

Hey guys...
My friend is a HUGE shoe head. Honestly one of the best collections I have ever seen. He has over 300 J's and is a known sneakerhead in my area. He probably knows more about shoes than I do. 

Yet, I found this picture of his which shows 3 of his DMP packs. I have seen these before and they all look 100% legit except this 1 pair that he has shown in the picture.

He said these were a limited release, with the Gold Jordan Letters across the side of shoe by the laces. 

I think that they might be fake and wanted to see what the pros think. 
pimp.gif

My reasons are as follows:

- Gold letters

- Stitching is suspicous

- super blue soles (yet all the shoes in this pic look like they have blue soles????)

- toebox looks smaller then usual

They real. There was a small batch of those that was released and then JB noticed the goldlettering was bleeding onto the lace holes and they pulled them. Also if SkavB took the pics they are legit.

They real. There was a small batch of those that was released and then JB noticed the goldlettering was bleeding onto the lace holes and they pulled them. Also if SkavB took the pics they are legit.

Rare in my opinion, some website asking 800+ for the pack. ShavB would be posting legit only!

Rare in my opinion, some website asking 800+ for the pack. ShavB would be posting legit only!

Ok great! Thanks guys. I honestly just cant believe that i have never heard about this before

And yea SkavB is sooo legit. How dare I even doubt it....But i had too, i mean i know for a fact that Jordan lettering like that is soo common on fake 11's. So i just had to check for sure.

Thanks for the clarity everyone

Ok great! Thanks guys. I honestly just cant believe that i have never heard about this before

And yea SkavB is sooo legit. How dare I even doubt it....But i had too, i mean i know for a fact that Jordan lettering like that is soo common on fake 11's. So i just had to check for sure.

Thanks for the clarity everyone

These were the versions that was suppose to release in late 05. When JB discovered the bleeding of the lettering, they recalled them. JB released the version everyone knows in Jan 06. But some stores didn't send their DMP's with lettering back. Hence, a few of them leaked out there.
But beware, there are fake versions with Jordan on the eyelits floating around.

These were the versions that was suppose to release in late 05. When JB discovered the bleeding of the lettering, they recalled them. JB released the version everyone knows in Jan 06. But some stores didn't send their DMP's with lettering back. Hence, a few of them leaked out there.
But beware, there are fake versions with Jordan on the eyelits floating around.

Yea i have seen those fakes with my own eyes. Thats why i was wondering about these. Like what are the ways to tell with a show this rare

Does anyone have any idea how many of these are out there?

Yea i have seen those fakes with my own eyes. Thats why i was wondering about these. Like what are the ways to tell with a show this rare

Does anyone have any idea how many of these are out there?

^^^ Couple obvious ways.

1st - ALWAYS check the Carbon Fiber.

2nd - The lettering will read left to right. See how it reads Jordan from top to bottom (left to right). When you turn it to the opposite side of the shoe, it will read Jordan from bottom to top (left to right). Fakes will always start spelling Jordan from top to bottom.

Also dmp's had a blueish tint to the soles. Still have mine and the soles have not yellowed one bit; has blueish tint.

They're super limited, I couldn't say how many are available. Most were recalled so not really sure how many are out there.
Remember, JB did not want to release these. Those that are out there are out because stores didn't send their batch back or sold it beforehand (ma and pop stores)

^^^ Couple obvious ways.

1st - ALWAYS check the Carbon Fiber.

2nd - The lettering will read left to right. See how it reads Jordan from top to bottom (left to right). When you turn it to the opposite side of the shoe, it will read Jordan from bottom to top (left to right). Fakes will always start spelling Jordan from top to bottom.

Also dmp's had a blueish tint to the soles. Still have mine and the soles have not yellowed one bit; has blueish tint.

They're super limited, I couldn't say how many are available. Most were recalled so not really sure how many are out there.
Remember, JB did not want to release these. Those that are out there are out because stores didn't send their batch back or sold it beforehand (ma and pop stores)

If you can find these, they're probably going for $1,000.
Chances are you can find these on ebay, you just gotta be careful for the fakes.

If you can find these, they're probably going for $1,000.
Chances are you can find these on ebay, you just gotta be careful for the fakes.

Back
Top Bottom