**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There's just no logical reason to trade a player after only one year in the league.

I just can't wrap my head around it

The reaction in here when Randle has a good game is the same as when Nance has a bad game. Crickets

That's because Randle was a lottery pick and wether he or his fans like it or not the expectations will always be high for him. Especially when people don't see that much improvement in his game from a year ago when he had a full season and he's still making the same mistakes nightly.

Nance Jr. was a late 1st rounder and is a journey man type player. A lot of people like him because you can clearly see the hustle & energy in his game. Also with him people notice the impovements in his game where he's gotten better with his jumper and mid range shots in his game.

Last edited:
I think randle would be better off the bench and let Lance take over the starting PF postion

Randle was a D-league player off the bench last year. When he was reinserted into the starting lineup, he was a great rebounder if not a decent starter. I'm not saying Nance isn't a better starter, but considering the drop off we've seen from Randle off the bench compared to what Nance will add as a starter, I'm not sure it's worth it. 

It's nothing more than taking a survey of the landscape of the team and simple projections moving forward.
Exactly.
There's just no logical reason to trade a player after only one year in the league.

I just can't wrap my head around it
In my opinion, his ceiling isn't very high and even if he maximizes his potential, he still doesn't fit with Brandon and DLo.

I haven't talked about trading him simply because I don't think he has much value. If he could net a starting caliber player I would trade him without hesitation.

The Hornets traded Vonleh for Nic Batum, who do you think won that deal??

I understand letting guys develop, but there are a lot of holes in Randle's game and I don't think he can fix all of them.

Eh Randle doesn't do it for me but can't trade dude right now he doesn't hold much value.

I know a lot of ya'll listen to ESPN LA 710 but did ya'll know Mason's dad passed away? Haven't listened in about two weeks (on vacation) and heard Ireland mention something about his dad on the show today :smh:

SPARKS = CHAMPS!

AGAIN!!

PURPLE AND GOLD!

THANK YOU, CP3!!!!

And this is the FIIIIRSSSST... championship of our teams... that I watched... WITH my son. So I'll never forget this. Not ever.

Bbbbbooooooiiiiiii!!!!

nthat.gif
smokin.gif

nthat.gif

(We gotta get back here, my Laker bruhs!!! Let's goooo!!!)

Last edited:
Sparks 
nthat.gif

Wild finish. It's awesome that you could share that moment with your son, Ska. Good times, fam. 

Happy for you Ska!

Game looked like a nail biter!
It was! Anyone who thinks they like basketball, if they watch the last 3 minutes and are NOT entertained, they actually DO NOT like basketball.

The 2 teams KNEW they could NOT miss, that every shot was crucial. The star players made star plays. Rebounding, a crucial inbound steal... 

... the right team winning. 
wink.gif

Sparks 
nthat.gif

Wild finish. It's awesome that you could share that moment with your son, Ska. Good times, fam. 
Thanks!! I didn't even realize it until a few seconds after when it hit me, "Oh ssshhh, out of all our teams, this is the first championship we've watched together!"

nthat.gif

@ESPNSteinLine Story posting now with @ramonashelburne: Lakers have interest in making Metta World Peace an assistant coach if they run out of roster room.
"If" :lol:

Cook had that legendary 44 mm vertical and that 3 pointer that sent the wizards game at Staples to overtime

Zach Lowe:
Los Angeles Lakers

It's such a relief to watch the Lakers for something other than the carnivalesque. If Timofey Mozgov provides anything as a dive-and-dunk guy, the Lakers have a chance to be decent -- and downright fun -- on offense. D'Angelo Russell keeps the ball on a string and defenders on his back, and he can jack 3s off the bounce. Julius Randle isn't a modern playmaking power forward, but he manufactures a different sort of spacing by facing up, torching suckers off the bounce, and drawing help near the rim.

Bump Randle or Larry Nance Jr. up to center in small-ball groups, and Luke Walton's Warriors-infused motion offense will sing. That's also a nice way to sneak Luol Deng and Brandon Ingram some time at power forward. If Nance hones his jumper, he may end up a better choice than Randle to start alongside L.A.'s ball-dominant guards.

The defense is going to be ugly. The Lakers again owe their pick to Philly if it comes below No. 3, and barring a major surprise, they'll be sweating on lottery night.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17777645/tiers-nba-zach-lowe

Finally... I'm live is slowing back down a bit.

Teaching And coaching HS while also having a newborn is indeed a lot, I miss my NT Laker fan.

:pimp:

Missed y'all, even E and CP, who I'm sure is too busy with his Cubs induced anxiety :lol:

Last edited:
Finally... I'm live is slowing back down a bit.

Teaching And coaching HS while also having a newborn is indeed a lot, I miss my NT Laker fan.

:pimp:

Missed y'all, even E and CP, who I'm sure is too busy with his Cubs induced anxiety :lol:

Gut wrenching stuff. I'ma sleep so good in November. :lol:

While I certainly appreciate that, there are a lot of Laker/Dodger fans in here, that won't appreciate that. :lol:

I don't wish to upset any of them in here at all.

Back
Top Bottom