**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What do you guys think of Kawhi and is load management nonsense? Apparently he has a "knee injury".

I'll be honest I don't mind resting guys but not for national tv games. Hell I wouldn't mind if we could rest Lebron from time to time. We need him in May and June.

What do you guys think of Kawhi and is load management nonsense? Apparently he has a "knee injury".

I'll be honest I don't mind resting guys but not for national tv games. Hell I wouldn't mind if we could rest Lebron from time to time. We need him in May and June.
We will load manage but later on. We don’t have the luxury now since we trying to build chemistry. We basically have a new team now. 40 games in and I’d love to see LeBron get handful of games off. Once rondo comes back and Kuz is up to date, we can def rest LeBron vs sorry teams. Especially tanking teams. AD too to some degree. Howard and green also.

These epic come back games are gonna take a toll on their bodies... I hate to say it but they might need to rest or watch lebron and AD's minutes.

If we were cruising to victories then it dont matter, but these last 3 games were hard fought.

I mean, these are good wins where we build morale and guys learn more about each other as individuals and as a group.

Games like the last 2 are extremely valuable, especially at the end of the season and playoffs. Gives this team alot of confidence going forward that they have the ability to “flip the switch”

i like how we getting in the trenches early and building chemistry, getting ahead of the ball

I'm pissed was going to do the Clippers game tonight and the Laker game on Friday.

Last edited:

Superstars in this era and the NBA in this era just aren't cut from same cloth like other great players before them. Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Tim Duncan, etc NEVER took games off due to load management.

It SUCKS when a family kid, or Mom works hard and pays a bunch of money to see their favorite player live at a game and then they find out that player is sitting out due to "load management"

Superstars in this era and the NBA in this era just aren't cut from same cloth like other great players before them. Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Tim Duncan, etc NEVER took games off due to load management.

It SUCKS when a family kid, or Mom works hard and pays a bunch of money to see their favorite player live at a game and then they find out that player is sitting out due to "load management"

these players are burned out more. Too much hooping at young ages. My buddy’s 9 year old just played 8 AAU games last weekend SMDH

imagine by the time he’s 25, body worn out earlier

these players are burned out more. Too much hooping at young ages. My buddy’s 9 year old just played 8 AAU games last weekend SMDH

imagine by the time he’s 25, body worn out earlier

Yup my nephew in West Covina is 10 and has been playing in leagues and AAU tournaments all over LA, OC and even traveled to other states since he was like 7.

LA is no JOKE and competitive at a young age for hoops.

Yup my nephew in West Covina is 10 and has been playing in leagues and AAU tournaments all over LA, OC and even traveled to other states since he was like 7.

LA is no JOKE and competitive at a young age for hoops.

might be the same kid i see hooping at 24 hour super sport

Players are increasingly bigger, faster, stronger while their tendons and ligaments remain the same size. This means there’s increased injury risk and physical stress placed on the body.

The league is also more competitive now and much much faster. 100 possessions a game at full speed is a lot different than 75. Over the course of a season that adds up

Also as others have suggested players also have been putting hella miles on their bodies from a young age.

There has also been an increased importance on protecting players and ensuring they are healthy for the playoffs and to extend their longevity. It’s like pitchers who would throw 200 pitches a game or 300 + innings a year. Not exactly the best thing to do if a player/team wants sustained success.

I’m sure players could play all 82 at a high level.. but at some point there’s diminishing returns.. playing a player 70-75 and keeping them fresh for 15 seasons and the playoffs is much more valuable than 82 high intensity games for 10 peak years.

Yahoo Sports exclusive inside the daunting task of convincing Giannis Antetokounmpo to accept some form of load management: “I was used to Jason Kidd. He was breaking us down, but I was happy about it.”

Im not confident in anyone shooting threes besides Danny.

Edit:

Quinn Cook too. I guess.

I mean LeBron's at 29%. Kuzma 12%. Cook and Caruso 33% and 27%. KCP and AD 29% and 25%. Literally everyone except Bradley and green are well below their career numbers. That's going to improve

Do you think AD is a good defender? NOLA defense was trash with him too
Look at AD's on-off numbers in new Orleans, chief. He was an elite individual defense. Stop it
Yahoo Sports exclusive inside the daunting task of convincing Giannis Antetokounmpo to accept some form of load management: “I was used to Jason Kidd. He was breaking us down, but I was happy about it.”

He's 24 with no real history of injury, why does he need "load management?" It's not like the Bucks lost last season because Giannis was tired or broken down.

Back
Top Bottom