**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

so you want names of players in the last 4 years that are better than DLO? but just in the PG position? damn, what's next......same region of birth as DLO?  i guess i'll play along:

shroeder

jrue holiday (not sure if he's played over 4yrs, but i'll take a rookie jrue over 2nd year dlo)

eric bledsoe

reggie jackson

kemba walker

isaiah thomas

if you wanna go old school. Tony Parker being drafted at 17 vs DLO 2nd year. 

Outside of BI who has gotten some criticism as well who's skating? Randle, JC, Nance etc have all been critiqued at times. D'Lo is getting more and more now largely cause of his own mouth. He's steadily talking even from draft day about his confidence, wanting to be the leader, etc. Yet you got dudes in here, former players, scouts, commentators etc. questioning if he's playing hard, takes things seriously, effort, beyond what he can or can't do on the court. It was supposed to change with a coach that didn't hate him or so we though, but many of the same issues exist from an intangibles perspective.

BI has been knocked for his shooting, JC for his tunnel vision, Nance for being not aggressive enough at times, only Randle has similar effort and laziness concerns. But none of them are the self proclaimed leaders of the squad.

I agree they have all received some criticism, but there just some down right hate for D.Lo.

Some of it is valid.

Then there is Whip...

Sure there is hate, but like I said he brings some of it on himself. Nobody takes whip seriously.

gloat

Brandon Ingram Hears From The Mamba.
_
Brandon Ingram has been longing all season for the chance to connect with Kobe Bryant, yearning to find out specifically "whatever he did his rookie year to get prepared" and generally about that killer mentality that Ingram called "unreal."
_
Ingram's wish came true Wednesday when he got a text message from Bryant—"What up, youngin? It's Kobe. Hit me up"—to open the door to what could be a wealth of information. Ingram initially didn't believe it was really Kobe. (via Kevin Ding)

I would've been like, 'send me a selfie holding up 3 fingers' :lol:

so dope

I would've been like, 'send me a selfie holding up 5 rings '
laugh.gif

fixed

so you want names of players in the last 4 years that are better than DLO? but just in the PG position? damn, what's next......same region of birth as DLO?  i guess i'll play along:

shroeder
jrue holiday (not sure if he's played over 4yrs, but i'll take a rookie jrue over 2nd year dlo)
eric bledsoe
reggie jackson
kemba walker
isaiah thomas

if you wanna go old school. Tony Parker being drafted at 17 vs DLO 2nd year. 
Besides Schroder, all those other players are significantly older than D'Lo.

It's the equivalent of blaming them (Holiday, Bledsoe, Jackson, Walker, Thomas) when they were in their second years for not being better than Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo.

Last edited:
Outside of BI who has gotten some criticism as well who's skating? Randle, JC, Nance etc have all been critiqued at times. D'Lo is getting more and more now largely cause of his own mouth. He's steadily talking even from draft day about his confidence, wanting to be the leader, etc. Yet you got dudes in here, former players, scouts, commentators etc. questioning if he's playing hard, takes things seriously, effort, beyond what he can or can't do on the court. It was supposed to change with a coach that didn't hate him or so we though, but many of the same issues exist from an intangibles perspective.

BI has been knocked for his shooting, JC for his tunnel vision, Nance for being not aggressive enough at times, only Randle has similar effort and laziness concerns. But none of them are the self proclaimed leaders of the squad.

So, JC, Nance, BI, Zu, and Randle, all producing less than DLo, receive the same amount of disdain in here? Be honest now. It's the same? You of all people should know that's bull.

I read in here, daily, eyebrows, snitch, walks ball up court, talks, slow, lazy, doesn't play in the 4th just a whole bunch of nonsense, and the kid produces more than the other guys, who get a tenth of the focus. If that. Cuz he talks?

:lol:

17-18-19 year old Kobe woulda got obliterated in here. Obliterated.

Not taking me seriously is the biggest mistake y'all gonna make. Like I've said repeatedly read between the lines on all my comments. If you choose not to do it or dont want to, that's on you.

But in due time, y'all gonna realize the method to the madness

Back to work...

Last edited:
When Kobe was 18, we all knew he was gonna be special. Dude already had no fear and played with passion every time he stepped on that court. That's a mf'n fact!

Btw, kobe's emergence in '98 as a 19-20 year old ALL-STAR SG was one of the reasons we traded Eddie Jones and Elden for Rice

right kobes 1st couple years he was coming behind eddie jones. D'Lo was getting the starting nod til he showed he was buns. Plus kobe already had that insane work ethic. Ya'll mans D'lo already acting like he made it. D'lo doesnt even look like he will be special. Not to mention he's about as unathletic as they come. Kobe had literally all of the tools he would need and the will to master his craft. Based on athleticism alone, D'lo doesnt even look like he'll ever even be in the 2nd tier of pg's. Dude is a bum my guys.

right kobes 1st couple years he was coming behind eddie jones. D'Lo was getting the starting nod til he showed he was buns. Plus kobe already had that insane work ethic. Ya'll mans D'lo already acting like he made it. D'lo doesnt even look like he will be special. Not to mention he's about as unathletic as they come. Kobe had literally all of the tools he would need and the will to master his craft. Based on athleticism alone, D'lo doesnt even look like he'll ever even be in the 2nd tier of pg's. Dude is a bum my guys.

Not taking me seriously is the biggest mistake y'all gonna make. Like I've said repeatedly read between the lines on all my comments. If you choose not to do it or dont want to, that's on you.

But in due time, y'all gonna realize the method to the madness

Back to work...

so when we dont get melo or cousins or trade druss or randle or trade moz or deng?

you gonna apologize the day after the trade deadline?

But what does it mean when he's still the best young player on the team? :lol:

I still don't understand why no paragraphs about how terrible Ingram and the rest of the fellas have been...

All reasonable laker fans understands he has flaws and has major work to do....

Page after page it's all you guys talk about. We get it

But what does it mean when he's still the best young player on the team?
laugh.gif

I still don't understand why no paragraphs about how terrible Ingram and the rest of the fellas have been...

All reasonable laker fans understands he has flaws and has major work to do....

Page after page it's all you guys talk about. We get it
do you see Ingram yelling "ice in my veins", or saying "this is my _____" first game of the damb season?!  Or how about how he's gonna let his play do all the talking?  Or how about saying put it all on his shoulders....uh, well, we are cuh.  He talks the talk, but walks straight doo doo.  HE IS NOT THE ONE, and there is no Oracle to tell him what he needs to hear.

Last edited:
He doesn't have to be the ONE for us to be a good team.

And the reason why the rest of the team's poor play gets swept under the rug is because of "Ice in my veins."

Cool.

Back
Top Bottom