**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I highly doubt BIG is disinterested and doesn't care. Based on his predraft vids with all his fam and practices, I think he cares very much. I think bruh is just trying to find his way in his 1st year and the majority of the struggle comes from his physique. He shows flashes of his skill and what he'll be capable of. the body will come.

i dont wanna say hes a better or at least equal playmaker than d'lol yet..but..well Luke likes him at pg..

it's easier for a guard to run the offense when his teammates are actually good.

While this has some truths to it, why is Reggie Jackson underachieving playing next to Drummond and Harris? Why is Darren Collison struggling playing next to the best big man in the game? Why can't Eric Bledsoe lead the Suns to a respectable record when he plays with Booker, Chandler, and Tucker? Why are Lillard and the Blazers so close to missing out on the playoffs when POR has had solid guys like Plumlee, McCollum, Turner, and Harkless all season? Why can't Jrue Holiday seem to lead the Pels past mediocrity even when he plays with A.Davis, Evans, Jones if it's so easy for a guard to run an offense when surrounded by quality teammates?

You put DLo with the Pistons, Kings, Suns, Blazers, or Pelicans...would those teams be any better with Dollywood running the offense? I highly doubt it.

so what do you suggest g? What are your thoughts?

LOL...DLo a perfect fit for that game...

because there ain't no defense being played  :rofl:

watch this be the perfect game for D'Lol to eat and display his talents and he looks complete *** compared to his peers. His peers talents>>>>>>>>>his talents.

Having a Knicks jersey
sick.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
This ain't no run-of-the-mill Knicks jersey bruh. This Frazier jersey is a tribute to their title days. But of course, you too young to even grasp who Clyde Frazier is and realize how great that Knicks team was back in the early 70s and what role Frazier played in the league.

Trust me, Russell wishes he could be anything remotely close to Clyde because not only did he dress the part, he also walked the talk.

Having a Knicks jersey :x

maxresdefault.jpg

This ain't no run-of-the-mill Knicks jersey bruh. This Frazier jersey is a tribute to their title days. But of course, you too young to even grasp who Clyde Frazier is and realize how great that Knicks team was back in the early 70s and what role Frazier played in the league.

Trust me, Russell wishes he could be anything remotely close to Clyde because not only did he dress the part, he also walked the talk.
No thanks
Sticking to Magic

While this has some truths to it, why is Reggie Jackson underachieving playing next to Drummond and Harris? Why is Darren Collison struggling playing next to the best big man in the game? Why can't Eric Bledsoe lead the Suns to a respectable record when he plays with Booker, Chandler, and Tucker? Why are Lillard and the Blazers so close to missing out on the playoffs when POR has had solid guys like Plumlee, McCollum, Turner, and Harkless all season? Why can't Jrue Holiday seem to lead the Pels past mediocrity even when he plays with A.Davis, Evans, Jones if it's so easy for a guard to run an offense when surrounded by quality teammates?

You put DLo with the Pistons, Kings, Suns, Blazers, or Pelicans...would those teams be any better with Dollywood running the offense? I highly doubt it.

Ok 1 by 1.

Reggie Jackson sucks.

Daren Collison is average at best.

Bledsoe. Idk the suns just kinda suck lol. Chriss played well against us but he's been starting all year and has been mostly ****. He was easily the worst starter in the league through January. A Dlo/Booker backcourt would be so raw and fun to watch tho. They'd suck for now but I guarantee that pairing would take them to the playoffs in a couple years.

Personally I think CJ is better than Dame but that's besides the point. I think the GM ****** up by giving $150 mil to mediocre players like Turner & Crabbe. I like the trade to get nurkic, but I feel like that team would benefit by trading 1 of the guards. I doubt they trade Dame so I wonder what CJ would fetch. Portland doesn't really have a big that can shoot either. Aminu/Turner/Harkless can't really stretch the floor. Don't think Dlo would be much better there.

I like Jrue man he's a good player. The Pelicans have played a lot better since he came back but once again the Pelicans have done a **** job surrounding Unibrow. They got rid of Gordon & Anderson cuz they couldn't stay healthy and now they're playing well for Houston. That sucks. They haven't drafted well either. Taking Buddy over Murray was a joke. I think a Dlo/Unibrow pairing would be a lot of fun and I think they'd be better but not by much.

it's easier for a guard to run the offense when his teammates are actually good.

so what do you suggest g? What are your thoughts?
Most Lakers fans are willing to be patient in order to see if DLo eventually comes to his senses and develops into the type of player that can make Lakers fans proud. Most Lakers fans (or DLovers) believe DLo can either become a star, become a leader, or become a good enough role player that can contribute significantly to the Lakers once we become a playoff team.

They believe this because of DLo's numbers on basketball reference. They believe this because of his PER, his per 36 numbers, and his various other stats that suggest he's ahead of the curve when compared to other past 20-year olds.

But what these Lakers fans don't seem to be able to grasp is that DLo has not shown to have the intangibles to be an impact player of any sort, not to mention the requisite skill set to be competitive in today's NBA where damn near every starting PG has certain abilities that DLo just won't t have and to be honest, never had. He's too slow, too nonchalant, and frankly, too "lifeless" for lack of a better term.

If DLo had any semblance of being an impact player that had the intangibles to make a difference, we'd have seen it by now on a consistent basis.

Therefore at the end of the day, it has been my VERY STRONG opinion that the Lakers should trade him SOONER than later so that they can at least acquire anything of value for him while there is still some sort of perception left among some basketball insiders and front office personnel that Russell possesses a certain potential or upside. If the Lakers continue to wait longer and keep him, and then DLo proves after 2-3 years that he's nothing better than the 8th man off the bench, the Lakers will have gained nothing for him in return because his value (or anything left of it) will have vanished into thin air, we will lose him to free agency, and your 2015 #2 pick would have been all for naught.

In sum, ship his *** outta Los Angeles and let him play his Hollywood card in a town that needs the flash. We already got enough of those on the Sunset Strip.

I feel you, but you got the wrong player. Brick Ingram is the guy they should trade now while people still think he has value.

Last edited:
Can we get a new poll with all the new Dlo nicknames unleashed tonight?

Well I'm pretty sure I started D'Lol, but to be fair I'm only basing that on the last page and not seeing it used.

Dollywood is hilarious to me tho. And so fitting. D'liquent is *******.

Dblow

Downlow

Dbust

But I dont agree with y'all hating on these young players. Not like they smush parker Or something

Last edited:
nobody is saying they need to be starts..but at least comparable to their peers. Come on. That's more than reasonable.

Just blow by a big man who switches onto you ONE TIME in 1.5 years

Just blow by Diaw ONE time in a game where he guards you 3 times

hahaha...you can't let that Diaw one go, can you lol

but yeah dawg, if you can't blow by 50-year old Diaw you definitely got more issues than just sore knees.

Funny thing is...humans don't really get faster. I mean, marginally with practice and parachutes and sprints. But speed and quickness is usually a natural talent and just learning of how to use it. But dude is literally running the same speed as andre miller and technically he'll only get slower. I bet bro can't even straight legged touch his toes. Dude runs like he has arthritis. and he looks pigeon toed.

He's SOOOOOOO lucky he's 6'5

say he was the average 6'2-6'3 of pgs or any shorter, bruhhh he'd be food. He'd be outta here!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom