**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Youtube videos reguarding body language...

Good god. It's not that serious.

Last edited:
You mean like people posting random twitter guys hot takes on Dlo to prove how great he is?
I'm just saying Geno Auriemma is talking about the same criticisms some of us have of Dlo, so you can't totally dismiss those criticisms if one of the great coaches has then as well

What length did I go to exactly? I didn't post a 1000 word essay on his greatness, or long statistical summaries, just posted a video of a great coach's remarks on young players these days

Last edited:
Body language, and acting cool.

"criticisms"

:lol:

If you are analyzing a basketball player in the NBA, and body language and acting cool is your go to "criticism", you aren't analyzing anything. Period. You're just making stuff up to ***** about.

This guy does everything you need to on the court to produce results, but hey, he slumps his shoulders, he sucks.
This dude sucks a big fat one, and averages 3 points a game, but look at him cheer from the bench, he's a keeper.

:lol:

You mean like people posting random twitter guys hot takes on Dlo to prove how great he is?
I'm just saying Geno Auriemma is talking about the same criticisms some of us have of Dlo, so you can't totally dismiss those criticisms if one of the great coaches has then as well

What length did I go to exactly? I didn't post a 1000 word essay on his greatness, or long statistical summaries, just posted a video of a great coach's remarks on young players these days
But when has he ever pouted on the bench this season? Or not high five the guys coming to the bench?

You're right about that P, he's been fine from the bench in terms of attitude

But he absolutely has displayed a too cool, lazy, jogging around half speed demeanor on the court

I'm merely pointing out these are valid concerns, geno auriemma agrees

Last edited:
The Lakers? They might be the one team confident enough to wait for George's free agency. George's interest in L.A. is real, and widely known. But nothing is certain until you get that signature, and every day between now and that July 2018 day brings the risk of some unknown variable messing up your plans.

If the pingpong balls bounce L.A.'s way in the lottery, the Lakers could approach Indy with an offer built around Brandon Ingram and a top-3 pick. That's a lot, but it wouldn't represent a Melo-style roster ravaging from George's standpoint. He's ready to win now; Ingram and a teenaged rookie won't be ready to win for years.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18959003/zach-lowe-paul-george-future-indiana-pacers

These dudes really get paid for these hot takes. Not only that but people consider them to be reputable journalists. Don't see how yall read/listen to that trash

These dudes really get paid for these hot takes. Not only that but people consider them to be reputable journalists. Don't see how yall read/listen to that trash
It's a slow news day for the NBA

Last edited:
In the same breath he says the lakers will wait for george to hit free agency and also offer two top 3 picks for him. I mean...journalism

Yes complete silliness. Why be NY Knicks 2.0?? Just wait for the man if he wants to come here that badly. Why give up our Top 3 & BI being impatient. :rolleyes

This is why I continue to say Simmons and his surrogates are hacks.

Some stuff on Nance Jr.:

Nance Jr. has been productive this season, averaging 6.8 points (on 54.9 percent shooting), 5.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.3 steals in 21.9 minutes per game. The 24-year-old easily leads the Lakers in Box Plus/Minus at +2.2 (no other Laker has a positive Plus/Minus). Nance Jr. also ranks first on the team in Value Over Replacement Player (1.5), first in Steal Percentage (3 percent), second in True Shooting Percentage (58.5 percent), second in Defensive Rating (109) and second in Offensive Rating (117).

Last edited:
In the same breath he says the lakers will wait for george to hit free agency and also offer two top 3 picks for him. I mean...journalism

That isn't what he said tho. He said MIGHT be willing to wait, BUT, nothing is guaranteed until you get the signature. So MAYBE, they offer Ingram + Top 3.

And Lowe is not much of a hot taker, that entire article is more in depth than just about any writer out there. :lol: Dude knows his stuff.

That said, of course none of us want to deal two top 3 picks for Paul George, I will be FURIOUS if they pull that ****, but the way the fanbase kicks and screams about stuff, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Larry pantsed Magic in front of the whole world and took that deal (or a similar one).

Please be patient Magic, please please please. Don't panic deal just to make a damn splash.

They might wait for free agency
But they might not
They could propose a trade
Then again nothing is certain

That's called throwing **** against the wall :lol:

They might wait for free agency
But they might not
They could propose a trade
Then again nothing is certain

That's called throwing **** against the wall :lol:

I mean, we are talking about something 18 months away, no? Isn't that how you approach a subject?

It was 2-3 years ago when people started lining up, ya know, GSW could be a landing spot for Kevin Durant. Nawwww, that'll never happen. And then.....

He is approaching a topic, giving examples, showed the history of the team 4-5 years ago, what happened, showed vids and examples of his talent/strengths, and then looked ahead, both for Indy, and his potential suitors.

He wasn't just Simmons sayin "baaaahhhhhh, Celtics will get him and win every title forever" Lowe gave valid points and reasonings. But of course he can't predict today what will happen.

Looks like Bird is publicly negotiating and using Lowe to broadcast his asking price. None of the quotes came from our side.

Why would anyone give the pacers anything when he'll be a FA in a year let alone BI and a top 3 pick that's ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom