**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

byron-scott.jpg

Looking at the standings, the 4th worst team is like 5 games ahead of us. We shouldn't drop lower than 3rd.

We are going to win a at least 2 more. 2 more games vs minny and a game vs sac...we will win more games.

Looking at the standings, the 4th worst team is like 5 games ahead of us. We shouldn't drop lower than 3rd.

Yep. Meaning one team jumps, we hand over the 4th pick in the draft and our 2019 pick.

Being in 2nd means one team jumps, we keep the 3rd pick in the draft and our 2019 pick.

Thank God we had a comeback win in late March vs the T-Wolves tho.

2nd to 3rd is a huge safety net.

what's the plan once we lose this pick?

do we keep our first round pick the following year?

if the answer is yes...

get used to team tank.

Last edited:
CP calm down bro lol. Just like you tell other people to calm down about DLo & the youngins :lol: you went straight to worse case scenario mode. You didn't really think we were gonna lose every game for the rest of the season did you

Yep. Meaning one team jumps, we hand over the 4th pick in the draft and our 2019 pick.

Being in 2nd means one team jumps, we keep the 3rd pick in the draft and our 2019 pick.

Thank God we had a comeback win in late March vs the T-Wolves tho.

2nd to 3rd is a huge safety net.

Understood.

But man one win is just that. One win.

It's a lottery reguardless.

We could have lost the rest of the games and there is still a possibility of falling out of the top 3.

We weren't supposed to be in this position this year.

Whatever happens, happens.

hate to say it once again but had we let the suns beat us instead of coming back and beating the suns we could afford this win

anybody got the history of the third worst team and draft results?

hate to say it once again but had we let the suns beat us instead of coming back and beating the suns we could afford this win

anybody got the history of the third worst team and draft results?

3rd Slot:
1: 2009, 2013
3: 2008, 2015, 2016
4: 2012, 2014
5: 2010, 2011
6: 2007,

2nd Slot
1:
2: 2016
3: 2012, 2014
4: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015
5: 2007, 2009

Coulda swore we're still 2nd worst team. Yall are so damn dramatic :lol:

The suns really have no reason to be tanking so hard tho. They really don't need a guard and they own their pick outright

We should all be rooting for the Pelicans to miss the playoffs as well. Back 5 with 10 left.

Because depending on what they do with Jrue Holiday that is where you can get Luol Deng off our books.

Let's say there's a scenario where on one hand, we keep our pick. The Pelicans on the other hand miss the playoffs, and know they can't afford to lose Jrue because the alternative isn't nearly as good (have $20mil in cap space, Jrue's cap hold is $16mil)... It's either Jrue or try to replace him with George Hill or Jeff Teague.. If they decided to try to clear up some space for say a Gordon Hayward (they won't get him, but would if they did still leave them without a PG, which would make it difficult to do anything despite having Brow & Boogie)

Pelicans do not own a draft pick this season, and now are in a full blitz mode of needing to make the playoffs in 2017-2018 because the Boogie clock is officially ticking, and they don't have the $200mil offer that the Kings had.

The Pelicans have 3 awful contracts.... Solomon Hill: 3 year / $36mil left, Omer Asik 3 year / $34mil left, E'twan Moore $3 year / $25mil left.

If we keep the top 3 pick, the Rockets pick is now an irrelevant pick.. We absolutely do not need it. And should use it to help move someone.

Although Luol Deng is not very good at SF, he could actually slide in at PF a lot more often than he did here in LA, and his veteran skill is better than Hill, Asik & Moore for a team that needs to make it to the playoffs or risk losing Boogie, and then losing Brow 2 seasons after that because they got Boogie and then lost Boogie.

My idea:
Lakers trade: Luol Deng, Tarik Black, 2017 Rockets 1st Round, 2018 Lakers 2nd, 2018 Nuggets 2nd, 2019 Bulls 2nd
Pelicans trade: Solomon Hill, Alexis Ajinca, Dante Cunningham (if he accepts his PO)

Ajinca isn't difficult to trade at all (2 year / $10mil left) decent backup, won't get much value, but shouldn't be able to trade him for an end of the bench guy.. Hill eliminates $6-7mil off of Deng's contract each season, and is young enough that you may be able to move him (like a more expensive Andrew Nicholson who was awful but still was able to get traded)

Last edited:
Before the @Lakers unveil #TheBigStatue tonight... we look back at @SHAQ's DOMINANT tenure in LA, #NBAMixtape style! pic.twitter.com/1jwGpNx2EQ
— NBA (@NBA) March 24, 2017

Prime Shaq was unreal.
Still get chills seeing Game 7 2000 Western Conference Finals.

prime shaq is the greatest laker ever.

The game 7 lob from Kobe to Shaq will always send shivers down my spine. I ran around my house cheering so loud when it happened.

still sends shivers down my spine. remember it like yesterday. jumped off the couch with the quickness and did a few laps around the living room :lol:

I mean you're getting rid of actual worthwhile assets, 5 of them to be exact, for the purpose of moving a bad contract only to take back another bad contract as well as bad players with the hopes of being able to move them for..wait for it..actual worthwhile assets. Not to mention there's so many 'ifs' that would have to play out that makes the whole thing even more far fetched and convuluted. All while helping a rival keep a player who you might otherwise be looking to sign in free agency in a year. I admire the way your brain works to even come up with something like this tho :lol:

Deng's contract is not so bad that it hinders you from picking up boogie (no thanks) or PG in the future so me personally I'm not quite that desperate to get rid of him, plus I'd like to see how he holds up in a bench role. I actually think him and Moz are somewhat of a blessing because it keeps you from overspending in a weak free agent class this summer.

Last edited:
3rd Slot:
1: 2009, 2013
3: 2008, 2015, 2016
4: 2012, 2014
5: 2010, 2011
6: 2007,

2nd Slot
1:
2: 2016
3: 2012, 2014
4: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015
5: 2007, 2009

Looks like the 2nd slot is volatile. Crazy the last time it held was last year in the last ten drafts.

Back
Top Bottom