**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You guys really fooling yourselves...Fultz is the #1 pick doesn't matter if it's the Celtics or another team...magic loves ball and that's who we are drafting
This I think even if we had the 1st pick we would still take lonzo

Last edited:
Jackson and Fox are no doubt nice players in their own rights and could even end up being better than Lonzo in the long run. But youre out of your mind if you think Magic and Rob isn't making the splash move with Lonzo. They didn't attend his games and deflect Lavar criticism already for nothing.

Jackson and Fox are no doubt nice players in their own rights and could even end up being better than Lonzo in the long run. But youre out of your mind if you think Magic and Rob isn't making the splash move with Lonzo. They didn't attend his games and deflect Lavar criticism already for nothing.

Youre probably right but if Lakers are making moves to make a splash than this FO is off to a bad start IMO. **** it though, I am happy we are able to keep the pick and obviously Lonzo will make us better so I am very happy. Just feel like we are leaving better players on the board but whatever

Kings offer #5 and #10 for #2 and #28.... What do you do?

Fox and Monk/Collins/Lauri :nerd: :nerd:

Kings need star power

Lavar would be livid :lol:

Last edited:
As much as I want Fultz I know Celtics arent dumb enough to pick Ball. So our #2 pick will be Ball as he is prob the next best player off the board and he fills needs.
In this scenario I think its best to keep as much of our young core together and wait on PG. See how they play first, at least until the trade deadline. I cant see Paul going anywhere before then.
If we had landed the #3 pick I would have said they should try to make a trade package surrounding the pick instantly, but the #2 pick is too valuable to trade it this instant. It is important to wait 1 more year.

They go into free agency and make smart decisions, smart moves, set the team up for superstars the following year. If they can make a good trade for a superstar around the deadline, they pull it.
It will be interesting to see what direction they take.

If the Lakers draft Ball, there should be a gag order in his contract for LaVar. Each time he draws attention, it should hit Lonzo in the pocket. Then there should be a limit of infractions and then he can be subjected to being traded.

If the Lakers draft Ball, there should be a gag order in his contract for LaVar. Each time he draws attention, it should hit Lonzo in the pocket. Then there should be a limit of infractions and then he can be subjected to being traded.

Why should the kid suffer because of his dad?

Take Ball/Fultz. Don't trade for PG unless it's cheap. Clarkson/Black/Houston pick/fillers. Wait things out til next summer for PG13 to come in free agency. It's not like we're taking out the Warriors next year anyways so why give up cheap young talent?

There will definitely be contract provisions pertaining to papa ball

You know there's 48 minutes per position right, in every scenario?..... Stop making things more complicated than need be.
Answer the damn question. Is he going to the bench or nah?

You don't use the 2nd pick on what's going to be a bench player. 

This is the stupidest **** I've ever heard :lol:

How bout your pocket takes a hit every time you post? How bout that

Source says Lonzo Ball uncertain on non-Lakers workouts

Lonzo Ball is undecided on whether he'll work out for teams other than the Lakers, a source close to Ball tells ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

"We will make that decision closer to June," the source said.

The source added that it's been "clear from the start our desired destination is Los Angeles."

Ball starred in his only season at nearby UCLA. He also played high school ball at Chino Hills.

A Lakers source says the team will look at dozens of players with the second and 28th picks. The players under the strongest consideration at No. 2 right now are Markelle Fultz, Ball, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum.

Speaking after the draft lottery Tuesday night, general manager Rob Pelinka noted there's no clear-cut No. 1.

"The harder call may be the first one," he said. "Sometimes having the second pick is better than the first. We're sitting in a fantastic position.

"I think there are four, five guys that are well suited to be [drafted] at the top."

Lakers president Magic Johnson said the No. 2 pick gives them "a lot more options."

"I'm good at No. 2, when you've got this much quality of talent that's in this draft," Johnson said. "This draft is just not 1-5, 1-6 -- this draft is 1-30. They've got some really good players in this draft.

"This is one of the deepest drafts I've seen. We're excited. No. 2 is good. It's better than not having a pick at all. We're excited. When he said who was No. 4, I went, 'OK, I'm good now,' If I get [No.] 3, I'm good. If I get [No.] 2, I'm good. If I get [No.] 1, I'm good. So it's a good situation to be in."

Pelinka also reiterated that a player's father -- in this case LaVar Ball, the outspoken dad of Lonzo -- won't have any bearing on the team's decision, a point Johnson made at the NBA draft combine last week.

"We're going to evaluate the players and who they are as players," Pelinka said.

Source:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19399909/lonzo-ball-sure-work-teams-other-los-angeles-lakers

:lol: :rolleyes

I predicted this about an hour ago.

MVP MVP

no white bars

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom