**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Man was just thinking we were one pick away from Towns :frown:

Our damn picks need to start paying off. Keep. Ring trash getting good picks and they are alright at best so far.

Last edited:
You know there's 48 minutes per position right, in every scenario?..... Stop making things more complicated than need be.
Answer the damn question. Is he going to the bench or nah?

You don't use the 2nd pick on what's going to be a bench player. 

Take BPA. And he may be BPA at 2.

If he plays 35 minutes at the 2/3 and is a monster as a starter or off the bench, does it make a damn difference?

Not really

Last edited:
Just don't expect Lonzo to be a great scorer
He will be a great facilitator though imo within a season or two

Last edited:
All we need is someone who can finish around the basket and stretch out to the 3 which he apparently has the capabilities to do.

LaVar Ball: Lonzo Ball ‘Only Working Out’ For Lakers; Predicts Playoff Drought Ends With Son In L.A.

The Los Angeles Lakers officially own the No. 2 pick in the upcoming 2017 NBA Draft. With the pick now in the Lakers’ possession, the obvious choice for the storied franchise seems to be taking hometown product Lonzo Ball out of UCLA.

Following the NBA Draft Lottery on Tuesday, Lonzo’s father, LaVar Ball, spoke with Lakers Nation about his son and what their plans are moving forward. LaVar, as charismatic as ever, doesn’t have any doubts as to whether or not the Lakers will select Lonzo second overall on June 22.

“There’s no doubt in my mind whatsoever,” LaVar told Lakers Nation in an exclusive interview. “I’m going to say it again, in English, speak it into existence. In Spanish, speak it into existence. In Africa, speak that mother[expletive] into existence.”

Along with being as confident as ever that the Lakers will draft Lonzo next month, LaVar added there’s only team the former UCLA star is working out for. The Ball family isn’t interested in auditioning for any other teams.

“That’s all we working out for is the Lakers,” said LaVar. “Just the Lakers. There’s nobody else that we need to workout for.”

With so much attention surrounding the Ball family and the Big Baller Brand, the question is whether Lonzo will be concentrating on his individual success or the success of the franchise. The Lakers are in an unprecedented stretch of down seasons.

LaVar sees that changing next season. “Yes, it does,” Ball said on if the Lakers’ playoff drought comes to an end with Lonzo. “The Lakers make the playoffs as soon as my boy gets there.”

LaVar has given his son Lonzo what he believes will be a guide to success in the NBA as draft day draws near. Ball isn’t worried about the 19-year-old shooting for awards in his rookie campaign.

“I really don’t care about Rookie of the Year and all that. I just want to make sure the kid makes the playoffs. Lonzo is going to make everybody better.

“So it’s like this, I’ve given him a little guidance thing. Magic [Johnson] made it to the championship his rookie year. [Michael] Jordan took about seven years. So Zo got to get himself to a championship between now and seven years. That’s what set you on the path to being the greatest.”

Source:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lavar-b...ayoff-drought-ends-with-son-in-la/2017/05/16/

I was mildly entertaining the extremely slim possibility that may be Lavar's antics won't carry on to the NBA, that maybe he would understand that the NBA is certainly a much bigger product and accomplishment then one season in college.

But no.

This dude is going to butt heads with coaches and upper management and opposing fans of wherever his son ends up and possibly even home fans of wherever his son ends up.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball. Yes I know what the basketball player's name is.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball.

I was mildly entertaining the extremely slim possibility that may be Lavar's antics won't carry on to the NBA, that maybe he would understand that the NBA is certainly a much bigger product and accomplishment then one season in college.

But no.

This dude is going to butt heads with coaches and upper management and opposing fans of wherever his son ends up and possibly even home fans of wherever his son ends up.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball. Yes I know what the basketball player's name is.

He wasn't even involved at UCLA though. Where is all the apprehension coming from? He's going to have another son in college as well as LaMelo in high school that he's more hands on with. He's done his job with Lonzo, even spoken into existence him being a Laker. With all the drama we've gone through as fans, THIS is beyond the pale? 

But no.

When has a player's parent dictated anything in the NBA? This isn't high school, he's not going to have access to coaches and upper management. None of this stuff matters or is tangent in the NBA, just outside noise for those who wanna entertain it.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about him successfully dictating anything in the NBA. I'm worried about him even trying.

Lavar is a turd but I'm not worried ab him trying to cause problems in the NBA they gonna put him in his place if he tries that ish

Lavar isn't doing **** to affect the team. I don't get that whole dramatic we're drafting his dad thing.

if you dont see it just wait...

lol

the nba is a whole nother monster than the ncaa

first game lonzo gets benched

first game lonzo's minutes are short

first game ingram shoots badly

on and on

lavar has no filter

if he doesnt like what he sees nobody is gonna shut him up

if you think russells snitching caused team turmoil imagine lavar letting off the 50 cal at teammates, coaches, management, fans, etc

imagine the first time he suggest luke to be fired

or ingram to be traded

ball was the big fish at ucla

hes a small one in a huge pond in one of if not the larget market.

lavar is gonna throw everyone under the bus before he ever tells his boy something

oh boy this is gonna be amazing. either lonzo is gonna be one of the greatest like his father says or this franchise is bout to be full of the bad lulz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom