**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

ok im done talking to you guys. its really not that hard to understand. or maybe you guys are just in denial

but hey maybe im wrong and lavar will cease to exist after lonzo signs that contract. goodnight!

[quote name="Maximus Meridius"]Dudes really think Lavar is gonna try to run the Lakers. Let's just picture that ****.[/quote]Who? Who thinks that? Quote them, so I can directly assure them that Lavar is absolutely not going to run the Lakers. I'd also like to assure them that he won't even come close. So who thinks that?

Or are you just exaggerating something someone said?

(This is where you admit that you just exaggerated something someone said, and that you don't know if anyone thinks that.)

Who? Who thinks that? Quote them, so I can directly assure them that Lavar is absolutely not going to run the Lakers. I'd also like to assure them that he won't even come close. So who thinks that?

(This is where you admit that you just exaggerated something someone said, and that you don't know if anyone thinks that.)
Noble literally said it above. 

Last edited:
[quote name="Maximus Meridius"]Dudes really think Lavar is gonna try to run the Lakers. Let's just picture that ****.
Who? Who thinks that? Quote them, so I can directly assure them that Lavar is absolutely not going to run the Lakers. I'd also like to assure them that he won't even come close. So who thinks that?

(This is where you admit that you just exaggerated something someone said, and that you don't know if anyone thinks that.)[/quote]

What are you so worried about then? Or you just don't feel like reading headlines with his name in it anymore? Either way I don't see how it's that serious to the team or how we're drafting his father. The media shines a light on him but jesus man have you ever met an AAU player's father? :lol: SO many prospects are products of people that act/think that way

[quote name="Mamba MVP"]Never in the history of pro sports has a parent run a franchise yet Lavar is going to do it here, just asinine thinking.[/quote]That is asinine. Who said that? Who even alluded to that?

What are you so worried about then? Or you just don't feel like reading headlines with his name in it anymore? Either way I don't see how it's that serious to the team or how we're drafting his father. The media shines a light on him but jesus man have you ever met an AAU player's father?
laugh.gif
SO many prospects are products of people that act/think that way
Damn near all of them. Lavar is just in headlines cause he says outlandish stuff mostly in jest, hell he can't even keep a straight face most of the time when he's saying them. 

:lol:

Dudes really think Lavar is gonna try to run the Lakers. Let's just picture that ****.

he will try how hard is that for you guys to understand? do you honestly think a person just stops their ways just because they get their way?

sometimes i wonder bout you guys

He didn't run **** at UCLA. He didn't try to. He was never at UCLA's practices. All he did was show at games. Now he did say something dumb when UCLA lost, that's the only thing to probably be worried about.

But y'all sitting like "OMG he's gonna try to get in the way" :lol: Y'all giving him too much credit and talking crazy.

Even suggesting he'll have "influence" on what the Lakers do is just silly. 

[quote name="zube42"]What are you so worried about then? Or you just don't feel like reading headlines with his name in it anymore? Either way I don't see how it's that serious to the team or how we're drafting his father. The media shines a light on him but jesus man have you ever met an AAU player's father? :lol: SO many prospects are products of people that act/think that way[/quote] I would answer the question in those first 7 words, but it appears you asked me a question and then answer it for me. Right on. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
[quote name="Mamba MVP"]Even suggesting he'll have "influence" on what the Lakers do is just silly. 
[/quote]Absolutely. Who said that?

[quote name="zube42"]What are you so worried about then? Or you just don't feel like reading headlines with his name in it anymore? Either way I don't see how it's that serious to the team or how we're drafting his father. The media shines a light on him but jesus man have you ever met an AAU player's father? :lol: SO many prospects are products of people that act/think that way
I would answer the question in those first six words, but it appears you asked me a question and then answer it for me. Right on. [emoji]128077[/emoji][/quote]

:lol: You've done nothing to expand on what you said a page ago, just going at anyone that disagreed with you with no backing. "You said it already" "Nobody said this" Basically just "K" 'ing people :lol:
Lavar getting headlines is that big of an issue? I just never took you as the type to take things like this that seriously.

[quote name="Mamba MVP"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Who? Who thinks that? Quote them, so I can directly assure them that Lavar is absolutely not going to run the Lakers. I'd also like to assure them that he won't even come close. So who thinks that?

(This is where you admit that you just exaggerated something someone said, and that you don't know if anyone thinks that.)[/QUOTE]Noble literally said it above.[/quote]Literally? He literally said in plain words that he thinks Lavar will try to run the Lakers? You said literally, as an argument to my question of who thinks that.

Please quote me where he literally said that Lavar will try to run the Lakers. Not your interpretation, but literally.

Or just like whoever the hell I was just quoting when you quoted this, just admit you were wrong and let's move on, maybe with some questions to try to get a better understanding of what is being said instead of just assuming you know and mocking it.

[quote name="Maximus Meridius"]Dudes really think Lavar is gonna try to run the Lakers. Let's just picture that ****.

(This is where you admit that you just exaggerated something someone said, and that you don't know if anyone thinks that.)[/quote]

No problem homie

I was mildly entertaining the extremely slim possibility that may be Lavar's antics won't carry on to the NBA, that maybe he would understand that the NBA is certainly a much bigger product and accomplishment then one season in college.

But no.

This dude is going to butt heads with coaches and upper management and opposing fans of wherever his son ends up and possibly even home fans of wherever his son ends up.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball. Yes I know what the basketball player's name is.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball.

if you dont see it just wait...

lol

the nba is a whole nother monster than the ncaa

first game lonzo gets benched

first game lonzo's minutes are short

first game ingram shoots badly

on and on

lavar has no filter

if he doesnt like what he sees nobody is gonna shut him up

if you think russells snitching caused team turmoil imagine lavar letting off the 50 cal at teammates, coaches, management, fans, etc

imagine the first time he suggest luke to be fired

or ingram to be traded

ball was the big fish at ucla

hes a small one in a huge pond in one of if not the larget market.

lavar is gonna throw everyone under the bus before he ever tells his boy something

oh boy this is gonna be amazing. either lonzo is gonna be one of the greatest like his father says or this franchise is bout to be full of the bad lulz

So y'all not crying and complaining about Lavar tryna run the Lakers or get in the way? :lol:

We really gonna act like lavar didn't try to implement a hostile takeover at Chino high? :lol:

He does concern me somewhat. I can see his ego getting bigger and bigger to the point that he goes after magic. You think lavar doesn't want to own the Lakers one day?

[quote name="zube42"]:lol: You've done nothing to expand on what you said a page ago, just going at anyone that disagreed with you with no backing. "You said it already" "Nobody said this" Basically just "K" 'ing people :lol:
Lavar getting headlines is that big of an issue? I just never took you as the type to take things like this that seriously.[/quote]I have answered every one who asked me what I meant.

That's a grand total of 0 people. You aren't even asking here.

And people were misquoting what I said and running with their own interpretations and then disagree with their interpretation of what I said. Not one bit of that is on me.

Like I said, I'm open for questions. People would rather think they know instead of ask, though.

No problem homie

I was mildly entertaining the extremely slim possibility that may be Lavar's antics won't carry on to the NBA, that maybe he would understand that the NBA is certainly a much bigger product and accomplishment then one season in college.

But no.

This dude is going to butt heads with coaches and upper management and opposing fans of wherever his son ends up and possibly even home fans of wherever his son ends up.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball. Yes I know what the basketball player's name is.

I'm not at all for drafting Lavar Ball.

if you dont see it just wait...

lol

the nba is a whole nother monster than the ncaa

first game lonzo gets benched

first game lonzo's minutes are short

first game ingram shoots badly

on and on

lavar has no filter

if he doesnt like what he sees nobody is gonna shut him up

if you think russells snitching caused team turmoil imagine lavar letting off the 50 cal at teammates, coaches, management, fans, etc

imagine the first time he suggest luke to be fired

or ingram to be traded

ball was the big fish at ucla

hes a small one in a huge pond in one of if not the larget market.

lavar is gonna throw everyone under the bus before he ever tells his boy something

oh boy this is gonna be amazing. either lonzo is gonna be one of the greatest like his father says or this franchise is bout to be full of the bad lulz

So y'all not crying and complaining about Lavar tryna run the Lakers or get in the way? :lol:[/quote]Do you really need for me to break both of those quotes down piece-by-piece and explain to you like a child how nothing in there says or even hints at Lavar Ball running the Lakers? I can, but I'm pretty sure you will feel patronized and disrespected.

Nothing in either of those quotes says or implies Lavar Ball will be running the Lakers. That is absolutely, 100% your interpretation based on how you're reading those quotes. And what's happening now is your refusal to SI that your interpretation is in the way of trying to understand.

Last edited:
Now we're talking about Lavar owning the Lakers :lol:
the only people talking about Lavar running the Lakers are people stubbornly sticking with their misinterpretations about Lavar running the Lakers. Me & Noble have mentioned fears, but nothing about Lavar running a franchise as storied and high caliber as the Los Angeles freaking Lakers.

[quote name="zube42"]:lol: You've done nothing to expand on what you said a page ago, just going at anyone that disagreed with you with no backing. "You said it already" "Nobody said this" Basically just "K" 'ing people :lol:
Lavar getting headlines is that big of an issue? I just never took you as the type to take things like this that seriously.
I have answered every one who asked me what I meant.

That's a grand total of 0 people. You aren't even asking here.

And people were misquoting what I said and running with their own interpretations and then disagree with their interpretation of what I said. Not one bit of that is on me.

Like I said, I'm open for questions. People would rather think they know instead of ask, though.[/quote]

I literally said "Lavar getting headlines that big of an issue?" That is a question. You're being bitter, straight up.
There's no need for an interview process of you not liking the kid's dad, you've just done a **** job of explaining how this will affect the team and if you don't feel it doesn't affect the team, why does it matter?

I'm askin, Ska, what concerns you about either Ball?

I think Lavar will get media attention with his big mouth, but other than that just a minor annoyance.

Lonzo seems like a good kid, just worry about his J. I still feel Ingram is the best player we have with DLo second, then Ball (potentially)

I'm askin, Ska, what concerns you about either Ball?

I think Lavar will get media attention with his big mouth, but other than that just a minor annoyance.

Lonzo seems like a good kid, just worry about his J. I still feel Ingram is the best player we have with DLo second, then Ball (potentially)

Combination of his dad being a yapper and the Kidd comparisons if I had to guess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom