**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You just answered your own question did you not?

My point is, every year there are reports about some big name free agent coming here, and every year we dont even get a meeting.  PG isn't leaving a 40 win team to go to a 30 win team in the prime of his career.

Right. So there should be 0 motivation to give up assets for PG. if he wants to come so bad, he'll sign here next year.

This. Nothing else to talk about.

I don't know why so many NT'ers on this thread pay attention or believe what Woj reports.

The reports with the inside knowledge on the Lakers are: Momo Shelburne with ESPN LA, Kevin Ding on bleacher report who's covered the Lakers for over 10 years going back to his days with the OC register, and Mike Bresnahan.

Last edited:
I don't know why so many NT'ers on this thread pay attention or believe what Woj reports.

The reports with the inside knowledge on the Lakers are: Momo Shelburne with ESPN LA, Kevin Ding on bleacher report who's covered the Lakers for over 10 years going back to his days with the OC register, and Mike Bresnahan.
Facts.

But, to the question of why PG would come to the Lakers, it's more so of down the line thinking.

As much as any player will admit it, they know that this current run belongs to LBJ, Warriors, and Spurs. That's why KD left to join the Warriors, wouldn't be surprised if he wins a ring and bounce afterwards. Any who, PG is 27 now, in about 3-4 years when LeBron will slow down (?), Warriors will not be able to financially commit to the roster that they are, and when Pop retires will have PG arguably in his prime surrounded by a cast a players who will be reaching their peak age as well. Lakers will be well seasoned and aged roughly 23-25. That will be enough to contend... Lakers just have to be patient.

PG - Ball

SG - Russell

SF - George

PF - Ingram

C - Zubac

That line up in 3-4 years would be scary.

Kennard is the truth but he won't even be available for us. He was my favorite player on the Duke squad last year and even two years ago he was impressive. He's no Kyle Korver, but he could be a valuable wing player. I struggle to find a comparison but maybe like a better shooing version of Austin Rivers but not quite as athletic. He needs to improve as a defender though.

One positive about Lonzo i didn't really consider is he really has that superstar vibe and he can deal with all the pressure that comes with it (just peep how he handles all the **** Lavar does/says, Lonzo is like the complete opposite :lol: ). This will allow the spotlight to shine away from dlo and let him play without being constantly scrutinized. Having another ball handler to share the responsibilities will lift the weight of Dlo's shoulders a bit. Dlo will benefit.

Last edited:
I don't think Dlo is going to summer league either.

BI/Ball/Zubac/28th pick.

Lakers gotta dominate summer league man. I don't wanna see this stacked of a summer team taking any Ls.
That's damn near 60% of our starting lineup next year at summer league :lol:

Clarkson did.

Good way to get a run and chemistry wise with #2, BI and Zubac.

I want these dudes to be close like peas and carrots
Clarkson didn't play last year.

He only played 2 years.

D'Lo already played 2 years.

It's rare that 3 year + players run in the summer league in fear of injury.

Last edited:
I'm ​not even so sure that ball is a lock to be the pick at #2. Josh Jackson is starting to grow on me. We'll see what noise comes out after the workouts today

If the Lakers don't trade for PG...

what happens if he makes an all NBA team next season?

aren't we pretty much out the race then?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom