**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The great example of someone who isn't lightning-quick but is an outstanding defender is Chris Paul. What would it take for DLo to approach that kind of skill?

CP0 is also stocky and built lower to the ground so he has leverage and quicker feet than D'Lo does. See how he's able to defend taller players. 

Luke Walton had great stance.. If you're slow-footed with old man game, you're in trouble on defense vs. lighting quick guards.
I'm not in the draft Lonzo camp, but at least he's athletic. that goes a long way on defense and offense. Dlo's a better mid-range shooter.

He is fast but his first step and general quickness is real slow. That isn't going to work well defensively as noted by him getting torched by quicker guards in college. He also doesn't get to the rim and has no in between game.

All these lightening quick, uber athletic guards that have been recently drafted the past few years are really killing the league. 

What is this narrative that Zo doesn't get to the rim coming from. He gets there and finishes at an elite level as well. 

Lonzo's high 2FG% in college is due in large part to him being able to finish multiple ways at the rim. He'll still get there as a 1 in the league.

What is this narrative that Zo doesn't get to the rim coming from. He gets there and finishes at an elite level as well. 
As leemelone mentioned, a majority of Lonzo's buckets at the hoop are assisted. Therefore he's scoring as a slasher/cutter--basically playing off ball.

Where he struggles is taking a defender off the dribble, driving to the paint and converting. In these scenarios he simply chooses to take a step back jumper

Last edited:
^ People constantly mistake criticism for hate. And conversely, mistake praise for infatuation/Stanning. 
laugh.gif

Fox looks good in that DraftXpress video

I really hope the lakers take him. His attitude is fantastic. He does have some pretty big flaws though. Needs to develop a jumper and he goes left damn near every time, but he has a dog in him and I think he is going to be a damn good player.

Going left every time was my biggest frustration with him at UK.

He does have a dog in him, though, and is the personification of a team player.

As leemelone mentioned, a majority of Lonzo's buckets at the hoop are assisted. Therefore he's scoring as a slasher/cutter--basically playing off ball.

Where he struggles is taking a defender off the dribble, driving to the paint and converting. In these scenarios he simply chooses to take a step back jumper

Watching the games it's hard to say if that's because of philosophy or limitations. His whole game is shoot 3s, gets lay ups or pass to someone that open for a 3 or lay up. He makes the easy play and doesn't force things.

I've seen him drive a few times only to pass to someone else who might have a cleaner look. Would like to see him be aggressive and even take a few bad shots.

He's not the best handler but I think he'll be able to get into the lane, just has to change his approach.

Fox could end up being like a homeless man's John Wall, which is quite good.

But if he can't shoot, or only improves marginally that's a problem. He could be like Elf Payton or Brandon Jennings.

As I said in the Draft thread, and got lambasted for, is that Fox is Mike Conley...

I'll take Mike Conley 10/10 with this pick.

I hate top picks "floor" as the got damn cemetery :lol:

If Fox turns out to be Jennings or Payton that is a bust for a top pick no ifs ands or buts.

For how much you guys want to nitpick Ball's game, Fox's has as many holes.
They all do.

Common fallacy is in assuming that one guy is flawed if someone is praising another guy, or that one guy is awesome if another is being critiqued.

Back
Top Bottom