**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dudes are really excited for Ball...... and I'm over here they don't draft him.
pimp.gif

Trading for a guy that already wants to join the team is the Melo situation. Point blank, period.

He wants to be here, why give anyone away? That's absolutely stupid. He wants to be here, great, let him sign as a free agent. No need to give Indy a damn thing.
100000000% this.

if we get ball our team should be called the monster squad

ball randle russell ingram clarkson

straight out of a horror movie lol

Trading for a guy that already wants to join the team is the Melo situation. Point blank, period.

He wants to be here, why give anyone away? That's absolutely stupid. He wants to be here, great, let him sign as a free agent. No need to give Indy a damn thing.
100000000% this.
That's cool in theory, and it sounds like that's the approach we're taking so far.

But there are scenarios where we could lose out on him completely.

He could get the DPE next year, Boston or another team could take a shot. He can also get more money from us if he's traded here as opposed to signing, so he could want that extra money/yr.

Signing him next year is ideal but giving up a few smaller pieces is not the end of the world. 

What happens if we trade a significant piece for him and he decides to pull a Dwight Howard?

I'm not sure if this has been previously addressed, but I'm curious.

Last edited:
What happens if we trade a significant piece for him and he decides to pull a Dwight Howard?

I would have to imagine they learned their lesson and a trade would be contingent on signing an extension first.

I would have to imagine they learned their lesson and a trade would be contingent on signing an extension first.

I'm not too educated on NBA contracts but what if he "agrees" to sign and has a change of heart throughout the course of the season.

We would be back to square one? Or is this situation not plausible?

E plz respond

Last edited:

I'm not too educated on NBA contracts but what if he "agrees" to sign and has a change of heart throughout the course of the season.

We would be back to square one? Or is this situation not plausible?

E plz respond

Verbal agreement means nothing.

Can say he would re-sign, but unless he does it means nothing.

But there are scenarios where we could lose out on him completely.

So be it. The window is wide enough that the team can take its time in free agency. It's not like you're missing out on a lebron or kd, we're talking about 4th team all NBA. But if you trade for him that window shrinks considerably and you're in scramble mode

Last edited:
^^^ that's what I figured E

Knowing that and going through what we did with Dwight... I don't understand how anyone would want to trade anything major for him :lol:

Last edited:
What exactly is gained by trading for George? That's all I want to know.

You get a superstar in his prime who you can build around and he can help attract other superstars to come next summer possibly (Westbrook or Boogie).

If you give up a package of Randle and Clarkson or even D'Lo. That helps clears up eventual cap space issues. The current young core Randle will be due a huge contract extension summer 2018 D'Lo summer 2019 or 2020. The way the CBA is setup now the Lakers won't be able to keep all 4 of our lottery pick players once their rookie contracts are up. None of the current core (Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, D'Lo) haven't shown any potential sign they will be a allstar or superstar player where they are untouchable and are the future cornerstone face of the franchise type players.

Last edited:
Trading most of our assets away for PG13 would be like spending a $1 to make $.33. Makes no go damn sense. Can't wait to see Lonzo or Fox ball out with D'Lo, BI, and Randle in year 2 under Walton. Our bench not too shabby either. We gonna see strides folks.

What exactly is gained by trading for George? That's all I want to know.

You get a superstar in his prime who you can build around and he can help attract other superstars to come next summer possibly (Westbrook or Boogie).

If you give up a package of Randle and Clarkson or even D'Lo. That helps clears up eventual cap space issues. The current young core Randle will be due a huge contract extension summer 2018 D'Lo summer 2019 or 2020. The way the CBA is setup now the Lakers won't be able to keep all 4 of our lottery pick players once their rookie contracts are up. None of the current core (Randle, Clarkson, Ingram, D'Lo) haven't shown any potential sign they will be a allstar or superstar player where they are untouchable and are the future cornerstone face of the franchise type players.

If that's the case why couldn't we just sign PG next summer, then worry about acquiring other stars later once he's here.

Last edited:
If that's the case why couldn't we just sign PG next summer, then worry about acquiring other stars later once he's here.

Next summer the Lakers can only have enough cap space to go after PG13 with a max contract.

If they don't free up space by getting rid of Deng & Mozgov. Then also throw in Randle's big contract extension also.

That's if the Lakers make no moves this summer or at the trade deadline next year.

Last edited:
Say they do wait for PG13 to come via FA, will it be fine to trade D'Lo and Randle then?

Back
Top Bottom