[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Ok, I thought it was a little funny, you unblocking someone just because they asked, but saying THIS? [quote name="CP"]Hell, I'm wrong a lot of the time.[/quote] Who are you, and what have you done w/ CP?

I say all the time that I don't care about being right. You guys think I do, but I don't.

I care about this team getting right, but they aren't.

Every positive step forward, follows with a negative step back. Which leads to............

:lol:

I admit I was wrong about the Lakers earlier in the season.

I thought they'd at least won 42-45 games :rofl:

From what I remember, Cp and Pmatic are the only two who had it right :lol: :smh:

Excuse me? I believe i will be right on the money when the season is over.

26 wins

An example.....

What if, just what IF Mitch read the tea leaves, tore it all down early, rehabbed Kobe, sat he and Pau, and said "here's the plan".

Kobe rehabs, no 48 mil.
Pau plays 60-65 games.

Develop Wes, Farmar, X, Marshall, Baze, maybe even Meeks. (Sacre+ Kelly)

Lands top 1-2-3 pick, and goes SF. Wiggins or Jabari.

Comes out with SMALL 2 year deals for Kobe and Pau, so in 2015 he goes ALL IN on Rondo-Love

Prime Rondo 29-30
Old dude Kobe 37
Franchise future SF 20-21
Prime Love 26-27
Old dude Pau 34-35

Prime bench of

Farmar-Marshall 29/24
Meeks. 27???
X. 24
Wes. 28-29
Sacre 25-26

Once the Kobe-Pau deals drop/retire, you have a max slot to pull in 2016 before you have to extend the SF, at which point you clearly enter salary tax, repeater, etc. You could have Rondo, Love, 3rd max, and then pay over on the 2014 rook but not care, because team is restacked, young, and picks back in our possession going forward in 2016 and beyond.

(Give or take a deal here or there with bench guys, etc)

Instead, we pay way to much Kobe, could draft PG meaning no Rondo, with SF spot to fill, Pau damn sure isn't worth having back if we don't have 4 other guys ahead of him in the pecking order, we don't clear tax this year, best we can hope is no Melo and hope Love comes in 2015, and maybe Durant way out in 2016.

That's the extreme of half and halfing it instead of complete tear down to rebuild, on the fly.

Picture it. 15 months from now, Rondo, Kobe, Wiggins, Love, Pau. And a "decent" bench. Would anyone have complained about this situation????

And the next year you could replace Kobe/Pau with another max get. (Possibly). + Start to have yearly draft picks again, which we have not had since 04-07 or somewhere in there.

CP sent in his resume to jim buss once but it ended up being rejected after jim buss refused to read the 2000 page book

Good Guy CP > Scum Bag CP

smokin.gif
There is no good guy CP, only scumbag.
Not true, you are a saint when you're in your Breaking Bad, Mountain Dew guzzling mode 

We should all join the Dolphin's thread next season and give CP the same hard time about his Dolphins team as we do about Pringles in here.

We can start with Mike Wallace's contract :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom