[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I block better than our Oline, I won't see a word anyone says. Trust that.

I have to read it everyday on Twitter. SMH.

Dudes wanted to draft a QB this year, after 32 games from our current QB.

Equivalent to drafting Exum, then signing Rondo. :lol: :lol:

And I already said, I want Philbin fired, so you'd be agreeing with me.

Last edited:
FavoriteCharmingAfricanmolesnake.gif

sadbaze_medium.gif

842912998.gif

An example.....

What if, just what IF Mitch read the tea leaves, tore it all down early, rehabbed Kobe, sat he and Pau, and said "here's the plan".

Kobe rehabs, no 48 mil.
Pau plays 60-65 games.

Develop Wes, Farmar, X, Marshall, Baze, maybe even Meeks. (Sacre+ Kelly)

Lands top 1-2-3 pick, and goes SF. Wiggins or Jabari.

Comes out with SMALL 2 year deals for Kobe and Pau, so in 2015 he goes ALL IN on Rondo-Love

Prime Rondo 29-30
Old dude Kobe 37
Franchise future SF 20-21
Prime Love 26-27
Old dude Pau 34-35

Prime bench of

Farmar-Marshall 29/24
Meeks. 27???
X. 24
Wes. 28-29
Sacre 25-26

Once the Kobe-Pau deals drop/retire, you have a max slot to pull in 2016 before you have to extend the SF, at which point you clearly enter salary tax, repeater, etc. You could have Rondo, Love, 3rd max, and then pay over on the 2014 rook but not care, because team is restacked, young, and picks back in our possession going forward in 2016 and beyond.

(Give or take a deal here or there with bench guys, etc)

Instead, we pay way to much Kobe, could draft PG meaning no Rondo, with SF spot to fill, Pau damn sure isn't worth having back if we don't have 4 other guys ahead of him in the pecking order, we don't clear tax this year, best we can hope is no Melo and hope Love comes in 2015, and maybe Durant way out in 2016.

That's the extreme of half and halfing it instead of complete tear down to rebuild, on the fly.

Picture it. 15 months from now, Rondo, Kobe, Wiggins, Love, Pau. And a "decent" bench. Would anyone have complained about this situation????

And the next year you could replace Kobe/Pau with another max get. (Possibly). + Start to have yearly draft picks again, which we have not had since 04-07 or somewhere in there.

Nash? :nerd:

Or is he long retired in this scenario? :lol:

I doubt that we would have been able to get a small contract from Kobe even after the second injury.

Smaller? Yes.
But still would have been a big contract.

Every time I run numbers for players, I come up with $17mil as the number that would get everything needed.

They should have went about it from strictly a basketball perspective. They went from a basketball-business perspective and it overvalued basketball value. That's the mistake they made.

But the idea of Kobe at $10-12 mil even after the knee injury just wasn't practical. I agree it would have been glorious at that price. But it still isnt practical. Because regardless Kobe still had track record leverage.

Last edited:
I disappear for a few years and my dude CP catching hella heat.

What's going on here? lol

You, French, Tupac, Bright, Gritty all bounced. Left a new breed and not all of them follow the same way.

Leaves a lot, lot, LOT more room for debate than the old days. :lol: :lol:

I doubt that we would have been able to get a small contract from Kobe even after the second injury.

Smaller? Yes.

Every time I run numbers for players, I come up with $17mil as the number that would get everything needed.

They should have went about it from strictly a basketball perspective. They went from a basketball-business perspective and it overvalued basketball value. That's the mistake they made.

But the idea of Kobe at $10-12 mil even after the knee injury just wasn't practical. I agree it would have been glorious at that price. But it still isnt practical. Because regardless Kobe still had track record leverage.

Absolutely hear ya, but if you put that map in front of Kobe, giving him at least a punchers chance at his 6th, wouldn't he have to think about it?

Especially after losing Dwight, he prolly figured "it's over", get as much money as he can. But with that list of options, SF pick, 2 max FA the next, he'd at least think long and hard on it. If he truly, truly NEEDS that 6th.

Smaller? Yes.

Absolutely hear ya, but if you put that map in front of Kobe, giving him at least a punchers chance at his 6th, wouldn't he have to think about it?

Especially after losing Dwight, he prolly figured "it's over", get as much money as he can. But with that list of options, SF pick, 2 max FA the next, he'd at least think long and hard on it. If he truly, truly NEEDS that 6th.

They should have negotiated, yes.

You, French, Tupac, Bright, Gritty all bounced. Left a new breed and not all of them follow the same way.

Leaves a lot, lot, LOT more room for debate than the old days. :lol: :lol:

Well damn.

I've got to get my debate/discussions game back up. I have been gone waaaaaaaaay too long. :lol:

What do you guys think about Phil potentially taking the job with the Knicks?

I think this is a big **** up by Jim and Mitch.

Why? because I think if the winningest coach in professional sports history is available, and is getting married to into the family.

You bring him in in some fashion.

Bring him to the table of discussion at LEAST.

Thoughts? 

P, that Kansas-WVU game...... :smh:

God damn.

Kid is blocking shots inside, and outside. Steals. Post entry passes ( :wow: ) Rebounds. Finished with both hands. 3 off the catch and shoot. 3 off the dribble. 3 off the step back. Man, ****.

My one wonder, IF Kobe cared, I'd love to see him held with his footwork. Wiggins had a lot of "shuffle" in his steps, I think he's so quick the refs miss what could be travels.

2 dribble finish from half court. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Bari is the more polished offensive player, Wiggins has the unlimited upside. That's the Melo-LeBron comparison to me. Melo was way more advanced offensively coming out, but Bron steadily gained more to his all around game year after year.

They won't be Melo-Bron of course, but they look like solid Melo 2.0 - Bron 2.5 types to me.

For our purposes, Wiggins looks like the guy we'd want. Does a little of everything. If he has the work ethic, hunger (if Kobe helped with that, he'd earn his 48 mil) he's going to be fine when he's 21-22 years old.

We need this damn #1. GM's will play coy and ****, but with Embiid ailing, Wiggins is the #1 pick, regardless of team.

Bron, T-Mac, Paul George, he has those type of tools. Insert Kobe's will/drive and we're in good shape.

Playin for Kansas and then the Lakers will be just like Kobe playin for Duke and then us. BBall royalty. :pimp:

*unrelated, Rick Fox playin for North Carolina, Boston, LA is pretty special.

I know this is a prisoner of the moment type thing but after beating okc you have to wonder how good is this team really. I know they have laid some serious turds but is there any other team this season with the kind of performances this team has had? Let alone a team that is supposed to be one of the worst in the league.

Kbutter leading the league in assists and 3p% for a good stretch. Meeks 40 oz. say what you will but swaggy has been a cold killer more than a few times. Farmar raining 3s. Bazemore, brooks, Blake, X have all had a handful of very nice runs. Pau has looked vintage at times. The one game Nash played he was cookin like 99. Even kaman deserves mention.

I asked this a few weeks back but would it really be so bad if this roster is largely the same next season? If we were in the east we'd probably be a 4 seed this year. Need healthy bodies and a few tweaks including a lotto pick but I definitely see playoff potential.

the 6ers beat the heat

magic beat the thunder and pacers in the same week

both those teams are trash, our team is also trash

i guess keeping the team next year might help us get a top 5 pick, so thats a plus

Houston
Lac
Okc
Pdx
Cleveland

Might be missing one but those were some quality wins. And yes that Cavs game counts :lol:. I'm also talking about individual performances tho. I'd like to see the teams that have the most guys with 20+ point games

What do you guys think about Phil potentially taking the job with the Knicks?

I think this is a big **** up by Jim and Mitch.

Why? because I think if the winningest coach in professional sports history is available, and is getting married to into the family.

You bring him in in some fashion.

Bring him to the table of discussion at LEAST.

Thoughts? 

His heart is in LA.

If he is advising Detroit, he's not very good at it either.

That's just my two cents on the situation. It's just a FO job if anything.

Houston
Lac
Okc
Pdx
Cleveland

Might be missing one but those were some quality wins. And yes that Cavs game counts
laugh.gif
. I'm also talking about individual performances tho. I'd like to see the teams that have the most guys with 20+ point games
its just what dantoni does

landry fields, steve novak, linsanity, shumpert all had several 20+ point games playing under dantoni. once they left the system they went back to being trash

Back
Top Bottom