[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
What about Exum? Everyone's connecting him to us. Who do you compare him to?

If he's lucky, a little Payton-Rondo hybrid. A cross between 1-2 guard, long arms, can penetrate and defend, just needs to improve his jumper and he could be real nice.

Rondo-Esque huh? Sounds like my kinda
Pg (minus his inability to get along with coaches, i don't like that).

If he improves his shot like you say he could be an excellent start for our rebuild.

I am going away this weekend but I want to watch highlight tapes and become more familiar with these guys soon

Exum is like Rondo in some ways, mainly his size. He doesn't have the court vision, playmaking, or flash of Rondo though. He seems to have just decent court vision, which might be made better by his size and length.

He looks like he has more offensive tools than Rondo. He can attack the basket and his shot actually looks okay mechanically - though a lot of places seem to say he needs to work on that.

This is all based on the few videos that are on Youtube. And most of those are based on international play and one game against US college players. So it's hard to say how any of this will translate. This is a complete armchair opinion

Last edited:

I didn't start it today
laugh.gif

I wasn't planning to bring his name up anymore.

But I should resist the urge to respond next time. I gotta be stronger gtb. Gimme some tips on zen, I need to meditate
open your third eye
smokin.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/586048/i-just-opened-my-3rd-eye-what-a-trip
That sounds crazy.
I might try it out when I'm back from my trip
nerd.gif
where ya goin?

What if I told you...

... that we have scrubs... AND MDA is NOT a good defensive coach?

And that it doesn't have to be that our abysmal record is either because we have an outstanding coach and scrubs... OR... because we have stellar player being coached by a scrub...

... but...

... BOTH?

*mind: blown*

(just want to add, again, that I don't condone axing MDA right NOW... BUT ONLY BECAUSE THE OPTION IS TO PICK UP SOME NEWB, and I'm not w/ that)

Last edited:

I didn't start it today :lol:

I wasn't planning to bring his name up anymore.

But I should resist the urge to respond next time. I gotta be stronger gtb. Gimme some tips on zen, I need to meditate
open your third eye :smokin

http://niketalk.com/t/586048/i-just-opened-my-3rd-eye-what-a-trip

That sounds crazy.

I might try it out when I'm back from my trip :nerd:
where ya goin?

Yay Area.
It's Persian New Years. Time to celebrate with the fam :pimp:

What if I told you...

... that we have scrubs... AND MDA is NOT a good defensive coach?

And that it doesn't have to be that our abysmal record isn't because either we have an outstanding coach and scrubs... OR... because we have stellar player being coached by a scrub...

... but...

... BOTH?

*mind: blown*

(just want to add, again, that I don't condone axing MDA right NOW... BUT ONLY BECAUSE THE OPTION IS TO PICK UP SOME NEWB, and I'm not w/ that)
And what if I told you..

...you are right.

...Huh?

HUH?!??!?!
:tongue:

Tell ya what, when you dudes can figure out that having a solid core getting you to 60+ wins is nice, but selling off 5 years worth of first round draft picks would effect the depth of that roster negatively, thus preventing a coach from possibly advancing further than WCF, then we'll talk.

Since you all ain't want to go there, have a handful.

Tell ya what, when you dudes can figure out that having a solid core getting you to 60+ wins is nice, but selling off 5 years worth of first round draft picks would effect the depth of that roster negatively, thus preventing a coach from possibly advancing further than WCF, then we'll talk.

"Nice?! I don't want 'nice'!! I want a parade on Figueroa!! Keep 'nice' for them other 2-bit franchises!"

- some dude (paraphrased)

"Nice?! I don't want 'nice'!! I want a parade on Figueroa!! Keep 'nice' for them other 2-bit franchises!"

I could of sworn some dude also said any season that doesn't result in a championship is a failure, no excuses... if you don't win it doesn't matter if you're 2nd or 32nd (paraphrased).

Where's Vin Diesel to make sense of winning? :nerd:

Last edited:

I could of sworn some dude also said any season that doesn't result in a championship is a failure, no excuses... if you don't win it doesn't matter if you're 2nd or 32nd (paraphrased).

Where's Vin Diesel to make sense of winning? :nerd:

Are you two slow?

Read, again. 60+ wins = nice

But possibly KEEPING 5 YEARS worth of draft picks, could iono, elevate past just those 60+ wins AND Western Conference Finals appearance?

In more detailed terms for you

Nash + Amare + Marion + Bell + Barbosa = 60 wins, out in WCF

Nash + Amare + Marion + Bell + Barbosa + Rondo + Deng + Gortat + Rudy + Nate = 60 wins and very much more possible, advance thru WCF.

When you guys can figure that out, then we can talk about Mike and Pau and defense, etc. Til then, just wasting my keystrokes.

CP, the know all and be all. :lol:

That's the thing tho, I'm not saying that it's 1000000000 percent wrapped up. I never have.

But to sit here and spit in my face and tell me that FIVE years worth of 1st round picks, IN A ROW, would not help push a team up over the top, is just plain stupid.

Period.

60 win team, add 1 player, maybe they move up.

60 win team, add 2 players, maybe they move up.

60 win team, add 3 players, maybe they move up.

60 win team, add 4 players, maybe they move up.

60 win team, add FIVE GOD DAMN PLAYERS, maybe they might move up??????

But naw, we'll sit here and say nope, add 53 players, they weren't gonna win more than 60 games and a few playoff games, that's it.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom