[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I want to like Smart, but I can't get past the fact that he's a point guard that can't shoot and turns the ball over a lot.

Maybe he'll be a poor man's Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams.

100% true.

A lot of his points in the NBA right now will be taking it to the hoop. And getting a lot of Free Throws

At his size you think he can handle it??
DWade is the exception with that style of play. It's diff when you driving to the basket and getting hit every time for 82 games out of the year.

DWade was just an athletic beast and he still had to develop that mid range J that he somehow lost

His stat line and anger remindin me of a less explosive Russ tho.

A poor man's GP.

But damn it kid, make your free throws. :smh:

Hell of a stat line

His attitude does remind me of Russy a lot!!
Always going hard, mad at everybody, barking at the refs for every single call lol

[quote name="sea manup"]but when you say "no one better that would actually come coach us" you make it sound like mitch opened his office door on interview day and in the lobby was dantoni, mike brown, a monkey and the janitor[/quote]Seems legit. :lol:

Listen, bro, I respond the way I do to CP because coming at him civil and collected, when people respond to him like that, his eyes light up like Kobe's eyes around Faber types. :lol: Bruh destroys them.

Listen, bro, I respond the way I do to CP because coming at him civil and collected, when people respond to him like that, his eyes light up like Kobe's eyes around Faber types. :lol: Bruh destroys them.

Whaaaaaaaaa????

His stat line and anger remindin me of a less explosive Russ tho.

A poor man's GP.

But damn it kid, make your free throws. :smh:

In terms of shooting and defense, he's exactly Gary Payton.

Strengths:
Big Motor/ Heart
Great Rebounder 6-4 and averaged 5.7 Rebounds per game
Can get to the hoop, overpower opposing guards
Already plays great defense and can guard 1's,2's & 3's
He'll probably be top 5 in steals every year

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the vision Payton had. But if he plays with a smart big, and develops chemistry, he'll get 4 or 5 assists a night just on a drive and dump
He can't shoot. Not the end all be all if he can't shoot the 3. Just have to know when to take them. If he can develop a solid mid-range shot, and gets to the basket as much as I think he will he'll be a 43-46% shooter.
Needs to channel his emotions better. He gets frustrated too easily. But on the + side, I think he seems like a guy that practices and trains harder than anyone.

Last edited:
Say we get stuck at 6, I won't be upset landing Smart.

I'll be infuriated we ended up at 6, but I will at least like Smart.

Van Exel has a **** everybody vibe about him, Smart will too. And I can dig it when somebody throws on a Laker uni and says **** everybody and balls. :smokin

Wiggins, Exum, Embiid or Jabari, Randle, Smart.

Somethin like that.

That actually sounds a lot like Tyreke Evans too :lol:

Minus the heart/motor strength and the emotional weakness

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]
Whaaaaaaaaa????[/quote]"Whaaaaaaaaa????" meaning "Wait, what? I have no idea what you're saying," or "Whaaaaaaaaa????" meaning "I see what you're saying, but I don't see how I'm like that."

That actually sounds a lot like Tyreke Evans too :lol:

Minus the heart/motor strength and the emotional weakness

I could see that being his floor. Definitely some similarities.

The one thing I've never liked about how Evans is played is he always seems out of position. He just never seems like playing the 3 is what he should be doing.

Last edited:
I don't destroy anybody. *halo*

Anthony Davis
Kevin Love
Kevin Durant
48 year old Kobe Bryant
Exum or Smart

Need to figure out how to get this put together. I'd like this team, a lot. :smh:

Now that I think about it I wouldn't be so mad about Smart.

He seems like he would rarely get injured in his career and a straight dog on defense.
Lakers haven't had that in a few years lmao

We need a damn young superstar tho!

Last edited:
Smart just has the specific type of personality I can't get behind. I don't wanna turn on my TV to root for the Lakers and force myself to like them

Not that anyone cares, especially if he's a good pro and the Lakers end up with him :lol:

Last edited:
Me too, but I still liked his game and screw everybody attitude.

I remember him running over to help up Eddie Jones and Doc Rivers put his hand up for Nick to pull him up and Nick bounced back with the quickness like "**** off me" and Rivers and the Spurs were pissed. :lol: :pimp:

Smart just has the specific type of personality I can't get behind. I don't wanna turn on my TV to root for the Lakers and force myself to like them

Not that anyone cares, especially if he's a good pro and the Lakers end up with him :lol:

I get what you mean. Turning on the tv and seeing his face all scrunched up and crying all the time in a Lakers jersey lol

Forcing myself to like smart would be like forcing myself to like Battier in a Lakers uni lol

I get what you mean. Turning on the tv and seeing his face all scrunched up and crying all the time in a Lakers jersey lol

Forcing myself to like smart would be like forcing myself to like Battier in a Lakers uni lol

Different Battier went to Duke... He deserves your hatred.

So apparently Hill & Kaman won't be playing cuz they won't be coming back.

What kinda BS is that lol. I get they wanna develop Sacre but I'm sure Kaman & Hill wanna raise their stock for other teams next year.

I'd be PISSED

Back
Top Bottom