Lance Stephenson?

^sounds about right.

IMO, he'll have a JJ Reddick start to his career. Has the ability to create for himself and others, often tends to take bad shots, etc.

He'll be a steal at the 2nd round towards the future imo.

He should have stayed in college, he needs the work. He is not ready for the NBA, he does nothing VERY well. He is a dumb player and had the mentality of all about me coming from HS then came to the Big East and was VERY average.

He needs to vastly improve his shooting, and defense...he can get inside and finish around the rim but he does not have the other tools.

I saw him three times in person last year and about 10 times on TV, he really is nothing special.

yeah this guy was all hype...was so excited to see him play at cinci but he was ridiculously bad...jacked up contested shots and missed almost every one of them, horrible shooter...not even a spectacular enough athlete to be a defensive stopper in the nba...that being said, maybe he could be a solid pick in the late of the first round or second round...if i were an nba GM, i would probably risk taking him at that point

Another overrated NYC kid.

He does nothing special on the court.

Not athletic, can't shoot, no d, can't create for others, doesn't make others better.

He was just ahead of his time when he was younger. Now everybody caught up and he was exposed.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I truely believe he will be along with Vasquez would be Knicks by the end of the draft, despite how many people hate him.

and Lance is not projected to go 24-29th....
laugh.gif
Hold up how's that going to happen with the Knicks not having any picks til the 38 and 39?

i keep hearing about the raptors trying to nab a 2nd 1st round pick, and i hope its for stephenson. real talk id swap DeRozan and Weems for Stephenson and Hayward!

Originally Posted by Put em up

Another overrated NYC kid.

He does nothing special on the court.

Not athletic, can't shoot, no d, can't create for others, doesn't make others better.

He was just ahead of his time when he was younger. Now everybody caught up and he was exposed.

Originally Posted by goofy08

i keep hearing about the raptors trying to nab a 2nd 1st round pick, and i hope its for stephenson. real talk id swap DeRozan and Weems for Stephenson and Hayward!

indifferent.gif

Surprised you don't like him Allen, I'm still a big Lance fan...what I like most is his ability to get to the rim, he's a sneaky good shooter and has a takeover instinct on both ends in there, rarely came out at Cincy but you could see it when it did...I hated the system they ran there

In his draft combine interview, he says he sees himself as an All Star 5 years down the road. He sure doesn't lack confidence.

Ahh yes.

It was the coach.

Either way...I'm hoping to grab him in the 2nd round. See if he REALLY can become what people said he could.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Ahh yes.

It was the coach.

Either way...I'm hoping to grab him in the 2nd round. See if he REALLY can become what people said he could.

Nah I'm not saying its all on Cronin but he certainly didn't help him much considering I find it hard to believe that he learned a single thing useful and that they basically ran no offensive sets at all. It was basically 1 on 5 or catch it and jack it up all year  But he definitely had his moments where he looked to be everything people expected him to be but then he'd revert back to trying to fit in, I think that hurt him the most at Cincy he tried too much to be just a part of the team. That and the system just wasn't condusive to him/his skill set at all.  Hence I've said since his Sr season at Lincoln he should've went to KU with Self it was a much better fit for him all around.

I agree Cincy wasn't the best fit...but for me personally...I saw it back in HS. I didn't feel like he had this "dominant, strong hold" in terms of talent over everyone else in this class like a lot of people pretended. According to the legend, he was always the best player on the floor wherever he played like Bron, Melo, D12, etc. was back in HS. When I finally got to see him around all the other top prospects (Elite 24, different summer circuit games) I just didn't see that this guy was better than everyone else.

But I have saw the flashes...and I'd love for him to come off our bench next year.

He's got a big body, can handle the ball and create his own shot.  He'll do well in the NBA.   

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Well he's still expected to go 24th-29th in this years draft.

That's if they don't have a problem with him being ball dominant. 

Back
Top Bottom