LAST MAN ON EARTH .. New Show on FOX ... Sunday's 9:30

Originally Posted by DarthSka

Original Tandy back.

Wait, I don't remember Phil dying. Wha happened?
He died during his appendectomy.

It was in the episode that aired in December before the show took that long hiatus.
Did he die the same episode as the appendectomy? Because I remember that happening, but didn't remember him dying.

What the hell I don't remember Phil dying. This show needs to get its **** together with its marketing. Christ

Originally Posted by DarthSka

Original Tandy back.

Wait, I don't remember Phil dying. Wha happened?
He died during his appendectomy.

It was in the episode that aired in December before the show took that long hiatus.
Did he die the same episode as the appendectomy? Because I remember that happening, but didn't remember him dying.
Yeah there were some complications during the surgery and he flatlined literally at the last second of the episode.

[QUOTE name="Master Zik"]
Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yeah this ep was like a snap back in to the corniness the writers couldn't get away from with this group status quo.
I feel like last week gave us a glimpse of a much greater show.
[/quote]
Probably hard to remember but it's right there with the greatness of the 1st two eps of the show.

Solo Phil was great tv but once more ppl showed up he took more Ls and they leaned in to this main character has to take Ls to be funny or relatable (think how George Costanza would be taking the L by the end of the ep more times than not).

Tandy's obsession w/ Phil made no sense to me. Yeah he tried to force a friendship but they mutually didn't like each other for a long time

And then wanting to be the father when he wasn't tryna even get Carol pregnant

Last edited:
So based on IMDB, after just 2 episodes of the mid season premiere, we gotta wait 2 more weeks for a new episode and they still haven't shown Tandy and his brother together. And his brother won't even be in the next episode in 2 weeks. They're really stretching this thing out man. 

They HAVE to, they can only go so far with the plot and if the brother met up with him next episode, then what next?

I'm predicting the brother probably wont arrive until the season finale and even then it may be the last scene. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is another episode of just the brother again, finding a person on his way to tuscon, maybe he meets the equivalent of Carol for him

Why yall acting like Phil meeting his brother is this big thing?

There's nothing to stretch out :lol: They'll eventually meet then what? The story will just go on.

Last edited:
^Why wouldn't it be a big deal?  It's a big deal on the show any time anybody comes on the show.  They think they're literally the last people on earth
laugh.gif
.  Especially if the star of the show's own brother is found out to be alive.

There's nothing to stretch out :lol: They'll eventually meet then what? The story will just go on.

:lol:
Clearly there's something to stretch out, and acting like Phil meeting his brother who has been in space since before the virus isn't a big thing :rolleyes It's obviously a big thing on the show if they dedicated an entire episode to that character. They've been building towards this.....
They already stretching it out now, Tandy isn't in Tuscon he's at that mailbu beach house, and I don't even remember if he left a message saying they would be in Mailbu, so what'll happen is the brother will get there and see the signs Tandy's been there(the pool he used to take a dump in, the tiny pool he would fill up with tequila and drink out of....something they referenced he did with other beverages when he was a kid just this past episode) That's a whole episode right there

this show is the epitome of stretching :lol:

There's nothing to stretch out
laugh.gif
They'll eventually meet then what? The story will just go on.
laugh.gif

Clearly there's something to stretch out, and acting like Phil meeting his brother who has been in space since before the virus isn't a big thing
eyes.gif
It's obviously a big thing on the show if they dedicated an entire episode to that character. They've been building towards this.....
They already stretching it out now, Tandy isn't in Tuscon he's at that mailbu beach house, and I don't even remember if he left a message saying they would be in Mailbu, so what'll happen is the brother will get there and see the signs Tandy's been there(the pool he used to take a dump in, the tiny pool he would fill up with tequila and drink out of....something they referenced he did with other beverages when he was a kid just this past episode) That's a whole episode right there

this show is the epitome of stretching
laugh.gif
Foreal 
laugh.gif

They HAVE to, they can only go so far with the plot and if the brother met up with him next episode, then what next?

I'm predicting the brother probably wont arrive until the season finale and even then it may be the last scene. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is another episode of just the brother again, finding a person on his way to tuscon, maybe he meets the equivalent of Carol for him
Sounds about right, especially if the show is renewed for season 3.

^Why wouldn't it be a big deal?  It's a big deal on the show any time anybody comes on the show.  They think they're literally the last people on earth :lol: .  Especially if the star of the show's own brother is found out to be alive.
You guys are talking about it being stretched out like they're just suppose to meet the second he landed on Earth :lol:

You can't drive cross country in a day.

Most likely everything that happening with Phil and co. was simultaneous with what his bro was doing.

New ppl being revealed stopped being a big deal after the 2nd female showed up. Got cornier with more ppl.

:lol:
Clearly there's something to stretch out, and acting like Phil meeting his brother who has been in space since before the virus isn't a big thing :rolleyes It's obviously a big thing on the show if they dedicated an entire episode to that character. They've been building towards this.....

this show is the epitome of stretching :lol:
You guys are talking about it like this what the entire show has been building up to like it's some payoff :lol:

They'll meet, the ep will be funny then it'll get right back to the group dynamic. There's nothing that's being stretched out.

It'd be far more interesting if they took the time with it and Mike had his on adventures on his way to Tuscon.

Yall acting like they have to meet. Like once it happens the show can finally end :lol:

You guys are talking about it being stretched out like they're just suppose to meet the second he landed on Earth :lol:

You can't drive cross country in a day.

Most likely everything that happening with Phil and co. was simultaneous with what his bro was doing.

New ppl being revealed stopped being a big deal after the 2nd female showed up. Got cornier with more ppl.
You guys are talking about it like this what the entire show has been building up to like it's some payoff :lol:

They'll meet, the ep will be funny then it'll get right back to the group dynamic. There's nothing that's being stretched out.

It'd be far more interesting if they took the time with it and Mike had his on adventures on his way to Tuscon.

Yall acting like they have to meet. Like once it happens the show can finally end :lol:

I don't think anyone said the show will end if they meet, but it is a big deal in the show and something they have been teasing for sometime. They were only showing snippets of the astronaut and even then they were showing him at times when people might've forgotten about him all together. The fact that this character came from space and will find his only sibling living in a world where most of the population has been wiped out is payoff on it's own. He's not just another Carol or Todd being added, he's actually related to the main guy that thought he was the Last man on earth

I don't think you understand what stretching out a show actually means
this is a show where 98% of the episodes are Will Forte being Will Forte then at the last minute they throw some random curveball to get you to watch again. I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say I'm shocked this has gone on for this long and that I'm literally only watching to see what they come up with, and how far they can stretch the story and who else they can get to guest star.
Unlike most shows that try to get you to care about the characters or even complicated plotlines, this show is working off of shock value alone. The plot is next to nothing and i don't give a crap about the characters, in fact if I could get copies of the next weeks shows I'd just read them and be done with it. I don't think anyone is expecting a huger payoff than what's been laid out.

- By making a character pregnant on the show(I'm sure there will be baysitting episodes besides an episode where the baby is born, I also wouldn't be surprised if the mother dies during child birth, so it's a bunch of white people with a black baby),
- giving the brother his own episodes(don't worry those solo Mike adventure episodes are coming) they already have plotted where the show is going, the question on my mind is how are they gonna get there(al'a stretch the plot) and can the show sustain until then, especially since they don't really do time lapses on this show.

It's like when the first introduced Mike in space, the FIRST question that popped in to everyone's head wasn't "gee I wonder if he's gonna meet his bro" it's obvious that's what will happen
Everyone was really like "yo how the **** is a dude from space gonna get to where his brother is without having an inclination of where he is on earth, not only that how he is he gonna get out of space??"

everything that has happened in between is nothing but filler(a'la stretching it out)
Now there's a plot line where Todd is getting it in with 2 hot chicks.....Todd.......
While Tandy is randomly trying to be a dad all of the sudden......Tandy............
but you don't think that's stretching it out???

The shows entire gimmick is about stretching it out as far as they can, ti's a huge troll job. No one is expecting things to happen overnight, but with a show that has no magical, alien, time traveling, prehistoric or any type of technological elements, they are clearly just stretching this thing out to no end. It's almost a huge wink to the audience.
It's almost like Forte has a bet with the network, that he can keep the show going despite them not advertising for them and giving them an unneeded hiatus

:lol: but We'll agree to disagree

Last edited:
Like I said you're thinking about this show like it has some end point.

The premise is literally end of the world last man on Earth turned to last ppl on Earth. That's it.

It makes absolutely no sense to me when you say:

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say I'm shocked this has gone on for this long
I'm over here like what the **** are you even talking about?

Why wouldn't the show go on for this long. It's a comedy. This is not LOST. This show can literally go on forever with Phil meeting a new group of ppl that happened to survive after the last group dies or ditches him.

The premise of this show is no different than The Walking Dead. It's open for any writer to come up with ideas to keep the story going whether it's following Phil or anybody else for that matter.

There is nothing to stretch out. There is no plot. There is no filler. I mean really, filler compared to what? What eps were filler and what eps weren't? It's literally an ongoing story. There are no plot beats the writers have to make sure they keep up with.

I don't know how you guys can't see this.

As far as stretched out goes, the only thing I would agree with is the show itself going on breaks. That's literally stretching out the season over a span of time.

The shows entire gimmick is about stretching it out as far as they can, ti's a huge troll job.
No it isn't. Maybe you really do have a different definition and entirely different context for what stretching out a story means.

Stretching out the story implies there's something to stretch out. As if the story going somewhere. It isn't. For this show, the story is the concept and premise; end of the world, last man turned last ppl on Earth. They make fun of ideas like repopulating the planet. There is no goal the story is heading towards.

Saying they're stretching this story out is like saying sit-com gets stretched out.

Last edited:
Excellent advertising again, idiots. 
mean.gif

I even have them liked on FB. Not one word recently.

God damn. I'm glad you guys are updating this at least. Otherwise I would have no other way of knowing the show is back on.

:lol: Oh damn forgot again.

Crazy how in the beginning I caught ALL of the eps no problem. Now I'm barely remembering it's still on tv.

i downloaded the ep and i'm not sure if it cut off. was that the end when he punched his brother in the nuts?

^ Nope. That was the end of the episode from last night. Very end. I just watched last night's episode, like just now, and that's how it ended. Punched his brother in the nuts, then... *credits*

Solid episode. Y'all gotta watch it. I need to see your thoughts on something.

Todd, brehs. 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom