Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

WHO CARES

WHO REALLY CARES. I HONESTLY COULD CARELESS HOW THE INFORMATION CAME OUT. IT CAME OUT.

FOR CHRIST SAKE HE ESSENTIALLY CALLED THEM SLAVES. THE END. PERIOD. HE LITERALLY SAID "I CLOTHED THEM, I GIVE THEM HOLMES, CARS, AND FOOD"

MAN HE'S RUNNING A PLANTATION IN 2014 AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT "PRIVACY" ?! :rofl: :rofl: oh man
he runs a plantation where the workers make millions lol. these players don't care all you soft dudes cryin

What more could they have done? Yall keep throwing out this was a "band-aid" but dont even throw out any ideas.

MLK aint walking through that door bruh....

I clearly stated the league did all they can it was up to the players to Take that step and as of now all this ******** morale that's gonna be thrown around is nothing... Whether Sterling is kicked out or not i can guarantee that he's still going to make a profit off any and anything The Clippers are involved in this post season. as a player you had the power to say we aren't playing to make profits for someone who hates you instead they will continue to play... Sterling will privately collect his checks and nothing will be said about this matter.

You don't need a leader to say something is wrong and i don't feel comfortable doing it.

When you run a plantation and refer to your players as slaves essentially? Yes. It's really that simple.

It's not just a man having a viewpoint. He holds a position of power. You simply can't operate with that viewpoint relative to the position of power that he has. It's that simple.

Cuban is trying to be politically correct which is fine. But when you are the owner of your team, and you refer to them in the manner that Sterling has done in the past, and recently, you have to go. It's that simple. End of story.
dude .. Its not that simple ...

We are humans running on emotions so yes in our hearts this is simple ... Get it.

WHO CARES

WHO REALLY CARES. I HONESTLY COULD CARELESS HOW THE INFORMATION CAME OUT. IT CAME OUT.

FOR CHRIST SAKE HE ESSENTIALLY CALLED THEM SLAVES. THE END. PERIOD. HE LITERALLY SAID "I CLOTHED THEM, I GIVE THEM HOLMES, CARS, AND FOOD"

MAN HE'S RUNNING A PLANTATION IN 2014 AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT "PRIVACY" ?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
oh man
he runs a plantation where the workers make millions lol. these players don't care all you soft dudes cryin
Well, Doc and the Clippers definitely showed that the worth of their dignity and self respect can be bought...

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:

Man he literally once said "I want my team to have 12 southern black boys coached by a white man"

He literally asked prospective coaches "how are you going to be successful coaching these n words"

Bruh...HE HAD WOMEN LOOK AT THEM IN SHOWERS AS IF ITS SOME TYPE OF SLAVE AUCTION.

Sounds a lot like a plantation to me. There's nothing "soft" about the aforementioned. FOH.

Profit profit profit....why do you care. His net worth is 1.9 billion. He's 81 years old....he can't spend it all.

Nt analogies >>>>>>>>>>>>

If im at da china buffet and I say something racist and a parrot hears me
Do I have to stop going to the china buffet if the parrot is there?

When you sign a contract with an entity that says you must abide by certain rules and regulations and also give them certain abilities like to revoke your ownership, you best expect them to flex those muscles when you break rules. It might not say racism specifically, but anything that reflects the league negatively can be punished and when signing that contract, he agreed to the rule that his ownership could be removed if voted on.

he has to abide by the rulings of the league... doesn't matter the exact incident's nature
got it ...

Let's see what happens ...

Lol exactly. Racism isn't cool, and no it shouldn't be okay, but has a right to his opinion. I don't believe his opinion is right, but he has that right as a citizen to believe in what he wants.

no, it doesn't work that way when you're a franchisee for corporation.

would subway allow its franchisees to be bigots? no, you'd be forced out of the company.

would 7-11 allow their franchisees to be bigots? again, no, you'd be forced out.

same way the NBA should work. Sterling doesn't outright own a God damned thing. He still has to be upheld to the policies of the NBA.

IDK how some of you are missing that point, its been repeatedly stated throughout this thread. the NBA has hardline policies on violence and substance violations. players have been permabanned for such violations.

For what Sterling said he should be held to the same standard.

I swear, cats out there in "urban" communities killing each over turf, the color of their shirt, or staring at you too long but some yall get extra salty because a billionaire made some off-colored remarks about his millionaire athletes. Get your priorities straight

I'm done. On to the Draya thread...
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Lol exactly. Racism isn't cool, and no it shouldn't be okay, but has a right to his opinion. I don't believe his opinion is right, but he has that right as a citizen to believe in what he wants.

would subway allow its franchisees to be bigots? no, you'd be forced out of the company.

would 7-11 allow their franchisees to be bigots? again, no, you'd be forced out.

same way the NBA should work. Sterling doesn't outright own a God damned thing. He still has to be upheld to the policies of the NBA.

IDK how some of you are missing that point, its been repeatedly stated throughout this thread. the NBA has hardline policies on violence and substance violations. players have been permabanned for such violations.

My man! Here's the analogies that the above posters wished they would've used instead. But keep discussing this is awesome!

What are you talking about? I believe the NBA was right in what it did and it did everything it could do to separate itself from Sterling. Sterling has an right to his opinion as a US citizen. The NBA can separate himself from him, which they have that right due to contract agreements. I don't get the point you're trying to make. Essentially, we have the same opinion?

Last edited:
Dude called sports talk radio in Philly claiming this was a set up by Magic and Silver so Magic could take over

I love a good conspiracy theory :lol:

I swear, cats out there in "urban" communities killing each over turf, the color of their shirt, or staring at you too long but some yall get extra salty because a billionaire made some off-colored remarks about his millionaire athletes. Get your priorities straight

I'm done. On to the Draya thread...
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
This is a poor community problem not a race problem.

smh
mean.gif

What are you talking about? I believe the NBA was right in what it did and it did everything it could do to separate itself from Sterling. Sterling has an right to his opinion as a US citizen. The NBA can separate himself from him, which they have that right due to contract agreements. I don't get the point you're trying to make. Essentially, we have the same opinion?

No we don't have the same opinion.

You fail to realize how policy and freedom of speech differ.

Any corporation has a right to make its own policies, if they want to set up sanctions against bigoted speech, they have every right to do so.

Last edited:
Freedom of speech is free until it costs someone money...

if companies werent threatening to pull their $$$ nobody would give a ****... sad but true...

I keep seeing that it wasn't enough...

What would be enough? Seriously? I would love to know what EDUCATED responses you guys can come up with.

Because IMO, Silver knocked it out the park. Sterling can't really appeal on any grounds. If the owners vote him out the club, he's out.

Public execution? :rofl: Every single one of you (us, myself included) walk by people just as racist, if not more racist than Donald Sterling, everyday. Cut out the internet-superhero biz.

Back
Top Bottom