Lebron 9 Review Request

I balled in them for about two hours and have to say that my shot was way off coming from the hyperfuse 2011. Between the ride height and the air max unit in the heel it took some getting use too. The shoe lacks the breathability of the hyperfuse/hyperdunk series because i started to notice i was developing a hot spot (early sign of a blister) under my big toe. I will say it has to be one of lightest lebron's i've played in but i wished it had a better outrigger on the side. If anyone has played ball with an outrigger knows it helps on the defensive end because without it my lateral seemed to suffer. I am going to give them another chance but noticed they seemed to make me want to play in the post more. If you like the physicality that happens in the post, I think the shoes help when landing and pushing back up while going for that extra rebound. The shoes seem to fit the F/C position more but if you like the air max and zoom combo then the shoes are for you. I like the resposiveness of the zoom and think someone bigger in stature could appreciate the air max more than me.

5'11
pg/sg

tried them on and they feel just like every lebron shoe that has come out for the last 3 years (except the 7 ps). they ride really high off the ground, not very good lateral stability which nike tries to offset with a ridiculously high ankle cut, feel bulky on your foot. it seems like nike gave up on performance for the lebron line and they're just going for off the court to move units.

lebrons shoes perfectly mirror his game over the years. he used to be agile, quick, and explosive, and now he appears to have no lateral quickness and is just a bull running downhill. his only explosive moment against the celtics a couple years ago was in a zoom based shoe. they need to develop either an oversized zoom unit or a lower profile max air unit with caged edges so you can still get a pillowy feel but have some lateral stability...if they did a lower profile version of the original 360s and scrapped the phylon usage he would be money.

Originally Posted by mt3130

tried them on and they feel just like every lebron shoe that has come out for the last 3 years (except the 7 ps). they ride really high off the ground, not very good lateral stability which nike tries to offset with a ridiculously high ankle cut, feel bulky on your foot. it seems like nike gave up on performance for the lebron line and they're just going for off the court to move units.

lebrons shoes perfectly mirror his game over the years. he used to be agile, quick, and explosive, and now he appears to have no lateral quickness and is just a bull running downhill. his only explosive moment against the celtics a couple years ago was in a zoom based shoe. they need to develop either an oversized zoom unit or a lower profile max air unit with caged edges so you can still get a pillowy feel but have some lateral stability...if they did a lower profile version of the original 360s and scrapped the phylon usage he would be money.
Not sure if serious...

lebrons shoes perfectly mirror his game over the years. he used to be agile, quick, and explosive, and now he appears to have no lateral quickness and is just a bull running downhill. his only explosive moment against the celtics a couple years ago was in a zoom based shoe.they need to develop either an oversized zoom unit or a lower profile max air unit with caged edges so you can still get a pillowy feel but have some lateral stability...if they did a lower profile version of the original 360s and scrapped the phylon usage he would be money.
I agree with this. Zoom is just more responsive and a better court feel. But as far as lebron having no lateral quickness I would have to disagree

LeBron 2 has two larger zoom units.
Youre arguement about LeBrons game is nonsensical. He is bigger stronger faster than ever.

No Lebron was faster back then imo. Just watch his highschool highlight and when he was wearing zoom based shoes from 2003-2008. Not saying he's slow but you can tell he changed his game a bit

THIS SHOE IS WAY TOO SMALL I WEAR A SIZE 12 in everything from jordans, to kobes, dress shoes, EVERYTHING even lebrons and these things kill my big toe OMG every cut every move i make my to jams up against the top of the toe box, i like the shoe it is nice for playing ball, the traction feels good and you can dig in and plant your foot down very well, BUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TOE BOX I CAN'T BE THE ONLY PERSON WITH THIS PROBLEM

I hear you man. Same problem with me, if only I could have gotten a half size up. But the ride for me is great, definitely better than the 8 PS despite them having the same set-up. although I would have wanted the breathability of the 8 PS on the 9. 

16lh6ah.gif

i'm an 11.5 in everything and these are boardering on a tight fit. i think a 12 would be a little big though. i probably can't wear elite socks with these.

Back
Top Bottom