Lebron and his "posse"

MY guess is Lebron and Kaep have done more than u guys

You're right. That IS a guess. They have a bigger platform, being that they are professional athletes. Doesn't neccessarily mean they do more. That itself doesn't even matter at the end of it all. Everybody plays a part.

Phil Jackson is an entitled white prick, no if's, and's, or but's about it. Coaching players of a certain ilk seems to have him think that he is qualified to speak on black culture. This is the arrogance that white privilege allows, regardless of the offenders political affiliations. There are white liberals who are racist, and stupid while not knowing they are racist jerks. Their tone can be incredibly condescending during discussions with minorities, a sort of faux empathetic posture, coming off about as phoney as pedo priest at an adult strip club.

This. Plenty of white "liberals" who say things like "there's a difference between nwords and blacks" behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Well I don't have their platform or purses.

So it would take more of my time and effort to do more for my ppl if you're really comparing multimillionaire athletes to the average American citizen.

Besides my whole poi t is to demand more from those who have the most infulence and can do more.
Of course he could do more, perhaps he will, but he is doing something, and is also political. He is a better example than the last two so called best players in the NBA, much better.
Jordan? Definitely.

Kareem, Magic, Big O, or Bill Russell? Nah.

Last edited:

You're right. That IS a guess. They have a bigger platform, being that they are professional athletes. Doesn't neccessarily mean they do more. That itself doesn't even matter at the end of it all. Everybody plays a part.

you ever heard the phrase "it ain't charity if you talk about it"?

10 pages tho?

Last edited:
I get how some want to look at it as Phil is being condescending and then take the next step to racist with his word usage when talking about a black player but given he been using the word posse and taking the entire interview in to context and not cherry picking to me its clear he's not based off that.

Look at the names dropped and dissed; Pat Riley, Pop, and LeBron. It should be clear as day what Phil is doing and it's not him racially offending one dude. While he may be a grumpy old white man stuck in a certain mindset this is son throwing shade on any coaches, execs, and players that were or currently considered the best. Something Phil has done many times.

To me, those other quotes by Phil are far more offensive and racially charged.

Good point about Phil taking shots to people that could be considered his equals. DIdn't look at it that way. Great point.

But, it is still a possibility that he was doing BOTH things.
A. Taking shots at equals
B. Makings degrading remarks that were underhandedly offensive

Posse VS Crew VS Friends VS Cronies VS.. VS.. VS..

Is it really about the word used or the guy saying it

Last edited:
I see it clearly as a shot at Lebron and his associates. Phil obviously doesn't like the way lebron acts in many regards, and takes shots at him because of it. He probably doesn't care for the special treatment Lebron enables his group to have. Now, if Phil called the group: yes men, handlers, or groupies, would lebron still be as mad? Those terms might even be worse as they truly imply the group is there only because of lebron.

i finally decided to read up on this issue and i gotta admit...this is all pretty stupid. Clearly an over-reaction from this emotional PC era. 

Over a word that isn't really demeaning at all and it was said by some old rich elite white dude. I should have just continued to ignore this issue. I initially read the articles thinking that phil jackson said something racist, but in the end, there is nothing to get upset about. Likei said, just some old rich white dude being witty when talking about the younger generation. 

i finally decided to read up on this issue and i gotta admit...this is all pretty stupid. Clearly an over-reaction from this emotional PC era. 

Over a word that isn't really demeaning at all and it was said by some old rich elite white dude. I should have just continued to ignore this issue. I initially read the articles thinking that phil jackson said something racist, but in the end, there is nothing to get upset about. Likei said, just some old rich white dude being witty when talking about the younger generation. 

so you determine that?

:nerd:

It's great Bron said his piece and Phil had to essentially apologize. Keep driving home that you won't even put up with the little snide ****. Use your power how it's been used against us forever. The rest of y'all can keep defending old rich white guys, I'm sure they need it.

so you determine that?

nerd.gif
i guess? Idk what you're trying to say. That is my opinion about this whole issue...there is nothing to get upset over the word posse.

I'm sure there are many little things that gets me annoyed that doesn't have an impact on others, but I wont overreact and be vocal about it by contacting media outlets and explain why i am offended by it. 

For example, I wouldn't contact the local news agency to report about some guy who didn't hold the door for me at mcdonalds...which I think is more offensive than someone calling my friends the word "posse". I just feel that this is all overblown because this involves lebron and phil in an emotionally sensitive, racially charged, PC, progressive society. 

i only stated my opinion man...lebron can be offended all he wants. I just feel that this is more than what it is.

How do you know phil doesn't use the word "posse" to a group of young white, asian, hispanic men? And do I have to be black to have any say in this? Like I said, we currently live in an emotionally sensitive, racially charged, PC, progressive society, so I totally get where you're coming from. I'm not responding anymore in this thread lol it's getting too heated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom