Lebron in the All Star game and the Pro Bowl? maybe....

Not trying to get involved in any argument, but Lebron would be straight in the red zone. I can't comment how great he would be on running complex routes against a guy like Revis, but how hard is it to run a streak or slant route to the end zone? If you just lob the ball within a few feet of his head, he has the vertical leap to get up and grab the ball. If someone is thinking "well, there are tons of NBA players that can jump through the roof"  how many of those players are as strong as Lebron? And if they're as strong as him, can they run as fast as him? Doubt it. Speed+jumping ability+strength...That's a combo you can't contain for long.

However, I don't see him ever taking that risk. NBA money for a star > NFL money for a receiver. He wouldn't risk his NBA career on a season of NFL football like Mike did by going to play Minor League Baseball. If Lebron gets slammed in the knees by a dude like James Harrison, his career in the NBA would never be the same

he'd be crying on every down...

taking his helmet off getting teams flags...he probably couldn't even take a hit in practice

I said that LeBron did this whole 'dominate on the gridiron' thing no less than 10 years ago. That's a point I made.

I said that athletics isn't all it takes to succeed in a top sports league, whether that league is NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA, whatever. That's a point I made.

It's not that I'm dancing around points; it's that you're refusing to see them because you're expecting me to do things like present a case for Mike. The thread ain't about Mike. The thread's about LeBron. I merely brought up Jordan because we all know about his struggles in baseball. If you don't, don't look to me to make that case. I'm not gonna waste my time, and that's not what the thread is about. I'll stick to making points about LeBron possibly being a Pro Bowler, whether you see those points or not.

He played HS football roughly 10 years ago. Like I said (and speaking of dancing around points), I want to see the list of athletes who diminated in a sport, then basically put it on the backburner for a decade, then returned to dominate that sport at ANY sort of the high level leagues for that sport.

Dominating in HS football... doesn't mean you're definitely going straight to the Pro Bowl.
Dominating in Ohio HS football... doesn't mean you're definitely going straight to the Pro Bowl.
Dominating in Ohio HS football 10 years ago... doesn't mean you're definitely going straight to the Pro Bowl.
Dominating in Ohio HS football 10 years ago then showing your freakish athletic ability in another sport... doesn't mean you're definitely going straight to the Pro Bowl.
Dominating in Ohio HS football 10 years ago then showing your freakish athletic ability in another sport then having Jerry Rice say you'd be a problem... doesn't mean you're definitely going straight to the Pro Bowl.

Pointing that out doesn't mean you hate LeBron.
Going even further and saying you think he'd fail to be as impressive as everyone thinks doesn't mean you hate LeBron.

Since NONE of this can be PROVEN, then having that opinion simply means... that you have an opinion.
wink.gif

Our whole argument was LeBron's/Mike's success in trying a different sport.

The thread title might say "Pro Bowl" but that doesn't mean our argument was "Pro Bowl".

You can't have sub-arguments in threads all of a sudden?  People don't talk about The Titanic in the sports movies thread?
laugh.gif

Pro Bowls have nothing to do w/ it.

You're too smart to think I was arguing Pro Bowl births.

/discussion (between the 2 of us)

I seriously still don't think that people realize this is LEBRON JAMES we're talking about, not just some huge athletic guy that people found at a rec center and want to make into a football player. This is one of the greatest athletes we have ever seen. Are you stupid or do you not realize that being a receiver is pretty much based ENTIRELY ON ATHLETICISM. Yes he needs to learn plays and take a hit, but Bron isn't an idiot and I think it would hurt the 190 pound corners tackling him alot more than it would hurt him. I would absolutely love for you to tell me how you think 5'11 Revis is going to stand a chance going up and grabbing a football over 6'8 250 pound LeBron James. This dude would haunt Revis's nightmares. Revis would need about a 55 inch vert to stand a chance on a jump ball in the end zone. And that's not even an exaggeration.

I PM'ed this to Ska, and I'll say it here:

I initially responded in an inappropriate tone/manner and apologized, but that doesn't mean I don't strongly stand by everything else I said in here.

(That LeBron's hypothetical attempt at the NFL would out-do MJ's pathetic attempt at the MLB)

Let's be serious.  A guy who was cut from his own HS team and the greatest HS athlete we've ever seen? Think about that for a second.
laugh.gif

MJ didn't become a Sports God strictly because of the athleticism, he became who he was because of his literally insane work ethic/hunger.

LeBron has become who he's become (for better or for worse) because of his athletic gifts for the most part (not what he's put into it). Can we all agree on that?

I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't work hard/practice, so don't take it there.
I think it would hurt the 190 pound corners tackling him alot more than it would hurt him. I would absolutely love for you to tell me how you think 5'11 Revis is going to stand a chance going up and grabbing a football over 6'8 250 pound LeBron James. This dude would haunt Revis's nightmares. Revis would need about a 55 inch vert to stand a chance on a jump ball in the end zone. And that's not even an exaggeration.
Precisely.

Instead of posting "
roll.gif
" and "
indifferent.gif
", tell us how you're gonna stop Bron on a jump ball w/o double and triple teaming him. He has great hands. Have you ever seen him Kwame it? Honest question.

The attention alone w/o even throwing to him would open it up for all his teammates (much like on the court).

Again, not saying he'd be a Pro Bowler. But don't say "he can't block/play in the trenches"...he doesn't need to!

Jimmy Grahm, folks.

Graham-Jimmy-Miami-Hurricanes-04-240x300.jpg

Jimmy freakin' Grahm is a serious problem for NFL defenses. The hell do you think Bron will do? Add 2" and WORLD CLASS athleticism w/ a solid football background.

This isn't some random guy we're pulling from the track team.

Football is not the sport where you "lose it" if you didn't play in years. This isn't baseball, this isn't hoops, this isn't soccer, etc.

3 years off is no different than 10 as far as rustiness goes (if you still have identical/vastly improved athleticism).

As a football fan, I'd pay some serious cash to see this take place.

EDIT: Damn near 1/2 the league gets nominated for the Pro Bowl these days anyway.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Quick view of him on the field instead of using your imagination:

Jimmy Graham hasn't ran a route like that against air in his life.

How the hell are you gonna jam that at the line?

*waits for lame jokes and laughs*

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

See, crap like this is what aggravates the fire out of me, like making it to the top sports leagues in the world is JUST about athleticism.

The footwork, the language, the nuances... I mean, there's SOOOOOO much, man.
Remember a few months ago when Nathan RObinson said he might want into the NFL and folks on here kept saying, "You don't think Nate is better than 3rd string defensive backs?"

It isn't that easy people

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Lebron would succeed in the NFL pretty much like any other athletic endeavor he chooses to partake in. People are severely underestimating the athletic ability he has.

I would really, really love LeBron to prove these football elitists wrong.

And what does Nate Robinson saying "he wouldn't mind getting back into football" have to do with anything? Did he go and try out and get cut? No. So what are you talking about saying "it isn't that easy folks"?

Within one year of truly dedicating himself to football, doing football workouts, practicing routes, studying film, catching a couple 100 balls a day, your telling me he wouldn't be the biggest pass catching threat on the CLE Browns?  I dare someone to argue this.

It's laughable to me.  I've seen what this man at the age of 15 could do against quality 17 and 18 year olds on the gridiron.

Keep in mind, that's probably the biggest gap in a 2-3 year stretch of maturation/athleticism in a human being's life.

Brian Robiskie is a better football player than LeBron James?!  Are you !#*$#%! kidding me?!
laugh.gif

Kid played at Chagrin Falls and LeBron as a sophomore was doing laps around this dude's football game when he was a Sr.

Jim Tressel offered Bron a full ride and he didn't even play football his Jr. and Sr. year.

Best believe he would have been one of the best WR's the Big Ten's ever seen.

He was just as good at football as he was at hoops.  Do the math.

Calvin Johnson is like 6'5 and he CLOWNS cornerbacks on fade routes so Lebron would legitimately go off in the redzone

Anyone who thinks Lebron James would be even remotely successful in the NFL should be banned immediately ... Someone get a list going of those who believe so I can ignore everything they have to say about sports from now on ...

I know most of you don't actually know *$#$ about football or how to measure and guage athletic ability so I'm traveling into real shallow waters here as far as depths of knowledge.

Being 6'8 is a detriment in football. 1st off.

Lebron is not a explosive coming out of stops and starts. He's not a good change of direction guy.
He would get jammed to hell at the LOS by Pros.

LOL"High school All american"

LIke that means any $@*+!!$ thing. The NFL. NFL. NFL has thrown away plent of College All americans, and you're using being all state in HS as a baseline for your debate. #notsmart

There are Hundreds of Straight Line Speed guys who font have good feet sitting at home waiting on phone calls to make a NFL Taxi squad, let alone make a gameday roster.

Lebro is a guy who doesn't shake and blow by players who CAN'T use their hands, now yall want him to blow by guys who are gonna stab him in the chest every snap. OKay.

But yes, a 6'8 guy with No shake, tight hips, and unexplosive COD would Do Work! Absolute Work in the NFL.

I won't dare argue that ...

Originally Posted by msaba07

Anyone who thinks Lebron James would be even remotely successful in the NFL should be banned immediately ... Someone get a list going of those who believe so I can ignore everything they have to say about sports from now on ...
those people prob alrdy have u blacklisted but i like to 
laugh.gif
 at ur sillyness...

i saw lebron play as a sophmore against akron buchtel who at the time had damn near double digit D1 athletes on the team... it was a scrimmage and he was 16 or 17 years old and i honestly believe in the right systsem and the same kinda drive n effort he put in basketball, hed have won the biletnikoff in 2 yrs at OSU n bounced to the NFL to have a borderline hall of fame career... picture megatron but 6'8

pretty sure he was runnin 4.5 at 16 tho still growin into that frame... it woulda got real ugly, he wouldnt be so bulky, prob look like usain bolt with hands bigger than DEZ and the ability to highpoint as well as Megatron
sick.gif
sick.gif

Now could he today jus up n switch sports and be a Pro Bowler, prob not... but maybe after 2 years or so of mini camps and training hed understand the schemes and have enough time polishing the craft to shine..

IMO

At least GUNNA comes w/ legitimate info/argument.
laugh.gif

I said the Cleveland Browns.

^ Key point to
I've watched them play every Sunday of my life.

I've seen LeBron play football at SVSM.

I've seen Brian Robiskie play football from Chagrin Falls, to Ohio State, to being one of the biggest 2nd round busts of recent memory.

His dad is/was a coach in the league and as many fundamentals as Robiskie has or has been taught, he wouldn't be messing w/ Bron as far as being a true threat in the redzone goes.
Not when you're strictly lining up for jump balls or go routes.

I'd love to see these 5'10 -6'1 190 - 200 pound dudes try to stand in his way and "stab him in the chest".

Chansey Stucky, Brian Robiskie, Josh Cribbs (this isn't special teams) as better threats than LeBron James w/ a year's worth of work/dedicated practice?  I say that's crazy.

We have Hall of Fame defensive backs comparing him to Jerry Rice (as asinine as that is) and countless other football people vouching for his talent.

Real football people from Ohio know what's good.

I'm done in here.  You either see it or you don't.

Lmao ... NBA fanboys hyped about Lebron ... Fact is, Lebron doesnt have the heart for football ...

I think he would be great as NFL TE/WR.....would love for the giants to sign him....what did the giants do with the money saved from not signing smith, boss.....i doubt he would do it with all these dudes tearing ACLs

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I know most of you don't actually know *$#$ about football or how to measure and guage athletic ability so I'm traveling into real shallow waters here as far as depths of knowledge.
Lebron is not a explosive coming out of stops and starts. He's not a good change of direction guy.
He would get jammed to hell at the LOS by Pros.
LOL"High school All american"
LIke that means any $@*+!!$ thing. The NFL. NFL. NFL has thrown away plent of College All americans, and you're using being all state in HS as a baseline for your debate. #notsmart
There are Hundreds of Straight Line Speed guys who font have good feet sitting at home waiting on phone calls to make a NFL Taxi squad, let alone make a gameday roster.
Lebro is a guy who doesn't shake and blow by players who CAN'T use their hands, now yall want him to blow by guys who are gonna stab him in the chest every snap. OKay.
But yes, a 6'8 guy with No shake, tight hips, and unexplosive COD would Do Work! Absolute Work in the NFL.
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. It's like with almost every point you made you're arguing on why he WOULD succeed. Have you even seen him play ball? How can
any sane person who has argue he's not explosive or can't change direction well? That alone invalidates your argument good sir. 6'8" 260 and with his speed..good luck jamming him up at the LOS
laugh.gif

That article sounds like it was written by a 12 year old fanboy of Lebron.

Not that I wouldnt like to see Lebron succeed in the NFL but cmon he'd get his +$+ tore up. There's no way he could go from of one of the softest professional leagues to one of the most brutal. Whether he has hands or not he more than likely is too soft to go across the middle and catch a pass. His +$+ will get rocked and he'll have no idea what even hit him. Too add to that I can only imagine him blocking these dudes coming off the end. Actually I cant imagine him blocking anybody.

It wouldnt be worth it to sign him if your only gonna use him to run to the corner of the endzone inside the 20.

Back
Top Bottom