Lebron James Is Ruining The Game For The Average Fan

How are you off to the club so early? its not even 8 for you in LA 
laugh.gif

OP you sound sad. I'm guessing your Bron voodoo doll has taken a beating as well, even though nothing happened.

He's a beast that makes good moves on and off the court.

Going to Miami instead of staying in Cleveland shows intelligence that other players lack.

The way he went about showed very little intelligence. :lol:

He has definitely improved his off court decisions the past few years though

Last edited:
Dude relax stop trying to be an internet tough guy :lol: I wasn't coming at you like that. In fact I complimented you.

I was saying what I observe....Maybe you don't see it but I do.

Bro you called me a LeBron stan and you called me out. What do you mean "tough guy". I'm responding to your claims (which you do, over and over again). I already knew my basketball insight is appreciated but when you call me a stan, I take offense to that. That's far from the truth.

I don't idolize players (since T-Mac and I was a 9 year old child). But I admire a players greatness. It's not just LeBron, I've been the same way with Kobe my whole life. So am I a Kobe stan also? I've r

Just choose your words wisely bro. Trying to call me a Bill O'Reilly or LeBron stan, that's disrespect. And you know it, and it's far from the truth. If I was a LeBron stan, or a Kobe stan, or a Melo stan - I'd say it but I'm not. I call it how I see it, and I hope that's what you can start seeing.

:lol: Buddy I should choose my words more wisely?

I lightheartedly ribbed you(thats the :lol: meant) and said you were Bill O'Reillyish Lebron/Heat fan.

We both know thats something you've been accused of before by multiple people....is that correct?

So instead of just shrugging it off because you know its not true. You get defensive and go on a rant then proceed to tell me to 'hop off" as in hop off my d*** or nuts.

Whats more disrespectful?

If in person, you called somebody a Stan or told them to "hop off".....what would get you punched in the face first?

I don't know how you grew up but telling somebody to "hop off" face to face is the equivalent of saying "lets fight"

Thats why I said stop trying to be an internet tough guy

I think a lot of niketalk and the social media basketball fans are very younminded.

I feel as if most of you guys don't play basketball and that is how/why most of the opinions are formed.

Most of these guys im talking to are Iverson or Kobe fans. They only like the scoring aspect of players. They like "ball hogs"

You cant tell me durant or kobe is more exciting or enjoyable to watch than Lebron. I think you could argue ai but not those two.

Kobe will take so many bad shots a game, he doesn't get up like he used to very often. The crazy lay ups are mostly gone as well.

Kd is a dirk to me with better handles and most explosiveness. Not boring but not super exciting.

Bron can wow you with his passing, in the open court, jumping over players, crazy alley oops, chase down blocks etc... How is this not exciting to you?

The way he went about showed very little intelligence.
laugh.gif

He has definitely improved his off court decisions the past few years though
Yeah that was awful. First of many jerseys was burned 2 minutes after. 
laugh.gif

The decision itself was genius though. Why struggle beating the Celtics when you can become a younger, more talented version of them?

I think a lot of niketalk and the social media basketball fans are very younminded.

I feel as if most of you guys don't play basketball and that is how/why most of the opinions are formed.

Most of these guys im talking to are Iverson or Kobe fans. They only like the scoring aspect of players. They like "ball hogs"

You cant tell me durant or kobe is more exciting or enjoyable to watch than Lebron. I think you could argue ai but not those two.

Kobe will take so many bad shots a game, he doesn't get up like he used to very often. The crazy lay ups are mostly gone as well.

Kd is a dirk to me with better handles and most explosiveness. Not boring but not super exciting.

Bron can wow you with his passing, in the open court, jumping over players, crazy alley oops, chase down blocks etc... How is this not exciting to you?

the only person i can honetly say is not exciting to watch is tim duncan you know what he is gonna do and then he does it. soo good yet so predictable. Lebron can score on anyone any way he wants he just makes it look easy to the untrained eye. i wanna see some of these naysayers go out there and try it

Nope I play Basketball all the time

I appreciate Lebron especially his unselfishness. I think he would be fun to play with til a certain extent.

In the past, Lebron's playing personality to me is like the the "D-League star" you pick up to play on your rec league team and he'd dominate all the guys he should but then you get the playoffs and play against better teams....... he starts getting too unselfish and starts passing me the ball too damn much.

And Im like "WTF?......I don't want the ball, I'm not the guy who played D-1 Basketball and played internationally for 5 years.....I just want to get my Rodman on and hustle.. :lol:

And the other team has a Kobe/ AI type player they know they're the best player and act like it....so we lose

But I digress :lol:

But yes I find Lebron's passing is the most exciting part of his game. All the other stuff you mention goes to that Wilt natural ability over everybody else kind of thing.

Like if Lebron didn't have the his leaping ability would he be that exciting?

I appreciate skill more because in my eyes that equals more work was put in to achieve that

Last edited:
The caliber of player is gone, tell me this, Give me 10 players right now who are first ballot Hall of Famers?  I'll wait

Nope I play Basketball all the time

I appreciate Lebron especially his unselfishness. I think he would be fun to play with til a certain extent.

In the past, Lebron's playing personality to me is like the the "D-League star" you pick up to play on your rec league team and he'd dominate all the guys he should but then you get the playoffs and play against better teams....... he starts getting too unselfish and starts passing me the ball too damn much.

And Im like "WTF?......I don't want the ball, I'm not the guy who played D-1 Basketball and played internationally for 5 years.....I just want to get my Rodman on and hustle.. :lol:

And the other team has a Kobe/ AI type player they know they're the best player and act like it....so we lose

But I digress :lol:

But yes I find Lebron's passing is the most exciting part of his game. All the other stuff you mention goes to that Wilt natural ability over everybody else kind of thing.

Like if Lebron didn't have the his leaping ability would he be that exciting?

I appreciate skill more because in my eyes that equals more work was put in to achieve that

That's right.

Scoring is the name of the game.

And OP is correct. Lebron is a great player but his game is not interesting to me. He's like a football player trying to play basketball.

This is basketball though. Not track and field.

As fas as dunk. Lebron dunks are weak to me. VC, MJ, Kobe, Rose, dunks to me are more impressive because of the way those guys contour their body in mid air. Lebron is just a power dunker. He's not a finesse guy in mid air. With all that said though Cleveland Lebron > Miami Lebron in term of getting up there. I have notice Lebron hop have diminished over the past few year. Cleveland Lebron was more explosive to me.

And as far as offensive skills in the perimeter. Lebron is unimpressive. People who grew up watching MJ, AI, Kobe, Tmac, etc will tell you that their offense game is way more fun to watch than freaking Lebron James. Kobe MJ, Tmac, AI has an wide arsenal of difficult shots, beautiful jukes, fadeaway, step through 2 defenders, pump fakes, step back, clutch 3, clutch 2 pointers etc are way more impressive than Lebron current game.

The only memorable Lebron offensive display for me is the 07 game 5 vs Piston. That was fun to watch because he made some ridiculous shots in that game. Other than that. Lebron game is meh.

And i don't remember Lebron scoring any more than 5 clutch buzzer beater or game winner in his career.

It's crazy to me how everyone on NT is like Cavs Bron > Miami Bron

Strange to me .. Y'all hated so bad on the Cavs back in the day. Sheesh.

Get off Bron's D .. It's his league .. Get over it

And I don't even mess with 6 anymore

Last edited:
^ So what it comes down to is Lebron is lacking finesse and doing well due to brute force? I understand that argument but the fact is, dude CAN do anything he wants on the court at any given moment whether it be on offense or defense. As basketball fans, shouldn't you appreciate the point forward that can pass as opposed to the one that's chucking up 25-30 shots a game and averages 25-30 points a game? It was stated on the previous page and it needs to be mentioned again, basketball is a team sport and the unglamorous aspects of the game are truly underappreciated. Scoring is the "exciting" part of the game while the rebounding and assists are the primary contributors to bettering your team. Lebron could be dropping 35 a game but giving up those extra 10 points a game to let Norris Cole shoot an open jumper or Birdman get an easy layup. I'm not even a Heat fan but if you appreciate the sport of basketball, it's definitely easy to appreciate the facilitator that improves the entire flow of the team.

Also, did I see someone on the last two pages spell Wednesday as wensday? What in the blue hell??? :smh:

How are you off to the club so early? its not even 8 for you in LA 
laugh.gif

I don't live in la :rolleyes

I'm not saying Brons not great. Some of you choose what you want to read and wanna get quoted for e-props.

Some of you are saying his passing is exciting to you. Yeah that's great but the average fan cares nothing about that. I played HS ball And yeah I hoop on the weekend from time to time but its not really a consistent hobby of mine. He puts up incredible numbers but its so easy to forget he was on the court some nights.

And yes cavs Bron > Miami Bron and that has nothing to do with him leaving. His game was defiantly more fun in Cleveland but more polished down in south beach.

He was cool up until the whole miami/superfriends thing. Amazing player but no one can ever change my opinion of how he made a left up easy street. Still great player tho

You know what though OP? I don't blame you. Part of your views may be stemming from The Decision and his signing with Miami. Because they're making it look to easy.

I firmly believe that if he would have won 1 in Cleveland, he'd be crowned King from all NBA fans - whether they like him or not.

Exactly. Dude should have pushed Dan Gilbert to the brink and harass for new talent and help. Joining a top 5 PF and one of the best SG's in the modern day era, gave critics legit argument bait.

Back
Top Bottom