LEBRON, THE DISAPPOINTMENT?

Will Lebron be considered the best of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like dude said above, I wanna see how he fares when hes not the biggest/strongest/fastest at his pos. When he cant blow past u n dunk on u can he still avg 27 a game? Will he b a outstanding defender without the chase down nlocks? We all kno he will always be a amazing passer but the rest is to be seen

I don't think he was trying to say Lebron is better than MJ cause he got it at a younger age. He's saying Lebron has a lot more basketball left to get 6 like MJ. Or 7 or 8. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't like putting words in people's mouths.

MJs 28 and Lebrons 28 are very different

MJ was only 7 years in the NBA while Lebron is 10 years in.

Those extra years of NBA mileage may eventually add up .MJ had less mileage on him at 32 when he came back for the 2nd 3 peat then Lebron will at 29.

His Lebrons career arc is more comparable to other high school phenomenons like Kobes or Garnetts.

When did Kobe stop getting better or start to descend? I think you could say after 2009 season when he was 30-31.

When did Garnett stop being as dominant? When he was around 31.

Lebron leaving his prime will probably happen around the same thing the Miami Heat will face huge luxury tax problems

To say Lebron is gonna get 7 championships staying in Miami is foolish, he needs 5 more including this year, he would be trying to get his 7 championship at age 33.

Theres no way they'll be able to keep the talent around him going past the 2014 season without severe repercussions with the way the new CBA is set up. Even if they could keep the him, Wade and Bosh together there's a strong chance they would be defeated by a more"complete" team in the seasons after 2014.

And would leave Lebron with 3 championships which is a great accomplishment but far less than greatest of all time type accomplishments. Which would be dissapointing.

i agree for his legacy sake he should have stayed in cleveland.... and i said that when he made the decision because if your the king why do you have to join somebody else team wade and then you throw in bosh to win it all... it was like a setup after the 08 olympics... i dont care obviously if he were a knick id be all :D but foreal how are you the best when you cant stay in your original team like magic jordan bird etc and win a championship.... you cant say well he needed help everyone won with two or three superstars.... o werd the pistons won without any superstars and dallas had dirk and thats it.... sure chandler and terry played a huge role but still not like they had a stacked lineup... but back to the the topic hes going to win at least 2-3 more in a row but after his contract is up i dont know where he will go... i wouldnt be surprised if he switched teams again :smh: but regardless its easy to say hes not better than jordan but with kobe everyone has their opinion :lol:

Bron is that dude, no matter how hard people try they cant take ANYTHING away from him right now....hes proven doubters wrong at every turn over that last 2 years.

OP its all perspective, hes not a disappointment to me in any way shape or form....BUT I NEVER thought he had a chance to be the GOAT so thats the issue, once you look at anyones career thru those glasses its bound to end in disappointment because youre expecting so much.

Hes got a ring to go along with all the other accolades he has and will acquire so calling him a disappointment is unfair, thats like complaining you hit the lotto for 20 million instead of a 100 million

Lebron make the Finals in 2007 was just a fluke. Thus he got swept easy by the Spurs.

The East was extremely weak.

2011 was also pretty easy for them as well

Not impress at all.

Yes for a guy who claim to be chosen one first day out of HS. It's a disappointment that he need 2 prime all stars to get him his first ring. I want my money back.

^^^ is the east not weak now? I'm looking at it and they're all garbage with the exclusion of Mia. Last year was trash too.

wasn't aware championships were an individual award. even kobe couldn't lead a team of bums to success in the post shaq and pre gasol lakers era. lebron took scrubs to the finals. championships are not a straight indication of an individual.

Oh, they're not an individual award.

But you can't a player has one if they don't, and if a player does have one, then he does.

It really is that simple. People try to make it something different.

"So you're saying it's an individual award?"

Nope.

Just saying he has one. The WHOLE reason we watch sports is for the championships, and he has one.

He doesn't NOT have one.

He has one. By himself? Nope, it's still a team sport. But other great players were on great teams they never won championships. He WAS on a team that won a championship.

my point was simply, you can say kobe is better than lebron, but the numbers of rings kobe has shouldn't be a major part of your argument in doing so.

Ok, yes basketball is a team sport. People preach that yet players go to the HOF based on individual achievements. And why can't we use championships as a major part in saying 1 player was better than the other? Isn't that the point of the NBA? If you didn't win that year you were not the best or if you wanna be anal about it your TEAM wasn't the best point blank. GOAT is a term used for personal preference, people will have different opinions. To say LBJ career is a disapointing is ridiculous, but to say he's the GOAT is a matter of opinion. I still hear old head say Bill russel is the GOAT

Like dude said above, I wanna see how he fares when hes not the biggest/strongest/fastest at his pos. When he cant blow past u n dunk on u can he still avg 27 a game? Will he b a outstanding defender without the chase down nlocks? We all kno he will always be a amazing passer but the rest is to be seen

I think we're seeing him evolve right now. He definitely improved his jumper and post game, that would let hi sustain his game somehow even when the athleticism goes out. Defense-wise, it's not just chase down blocks though. He plays above average man to man defense already, and athleticism only plays a small part in defense too. Angles and knowledge of opponent covers as much ground as the physical elements do as well.

That said, the point that "I personally don't think Lebron has an above average skill set" is a little vauge in my opinion. Skill set per se is not the end all be all of a player. For me basketball IQ is more important. And Bron does have it. Check out Kidd, Nash, KG, TD, Pierece, Kobe, etc.

Read an article about the cat back in '01 and was kinda curious on how dude would bring his game to the next level. Watched him grow from a prodigy to a douche and a champ. Looking forward to the next chapter of his saga. At this point though, in my opinion dude did not disappoint.

Only thing disappointing is that it took him this long into his career to finally get it.

8 years into the L and you finally start playing with your back to the basket? It was a joke watching a man as athletically gifted as he is dribble from 30 feet out or take 27 foot jump shots with the game on the line....and not to mention the flopping. :x

Glad he is playing the way he is supposed to...physical, dominating the paint, not settling, and not crying about calls.

lebron took scrubs to the finals

I hate these kinds of arguments. in 2007 he dealt with the Wizards and Nets to the ECF, with an impressive series win over Detroit. The Cavs were an excellent defensive/rebounding team (led by Bron) and had good 3 point shooters. In the East, that can take you far.

Last edited:
I think the way everything was handed to him at the beginning of his career has something to do with his slow development. He needed the failures of the past years to become stronger. Agree that he took long though, but good for him he managed to turn things around as well.

[quote name="ACBboyz84"]Lebron make the Finals in 2007 was just a fluke. Thus he got swept easy by the Spurs.

The East was extremely weak.

2011 was also pretty easy for them as well

Not impress at all.

Yes for a guy who claim to be chosen one first day out of HS. It's a disappointment that he need 2 prime all stars to get him his first ring. I want my money back.[/quote]A fluke? Pretty easy? Dude, stop.

It's to a point now where people are taking his skills for granted. Don't know if I'll ever see a player like him in my lifetime again, so I'm rooting for him to do the unthinkable, whether it's with Miami or with Cleveland or any other team. I do feel like the finals vs. the Mavs was the low point of his career, but even if he'd led his team to a championship that year I still feel like people would point at his first finals appearance against the spurs. I know the cavs were clearly outmatched that year but that would've still been a blemish to his claim as the undisputed greatest of all time. As weird as it sounds, I feel like I can't even watch basketball anymore unless it's a Heat game( semi srs).

BTW let's say if Bron DOES choose to go back to Cleveland, who would still be on that squad(and how many high draft picks would be on there by then?)

It's to a point now where people are taking his skills for granted. Don't know if I'll ever see a player like him in my lifetime again, so I'm rooting for him to do the unthinkable, whether it's with Miami or with Cleveland or any other team. I do feel like the finals vs. the Mavs was the low point of his career, but even if he'd led his team to a championship that year I still feel like people would point at his first finals appearance against the spurs. I know the cavs were clearly outmatched that year but that would've still been a blemish to his claim as the undisputed greatest of all time. As weird as it sounds, I feel like I can't even watch basketball anymore unless it's a Heat game( semi srs).

BTW let's say if Bron DOES choose to go back to Cleveland, who would still be on that squad(and how many high draft picks would be on there by then?)

Thompson and Uncle Drew would be there. Not sure what kind of picks they have though.

i agree for his legacy sake he should have stayed in cleveland.... and i said that when he made the decision because if your the king why do you have to join somebody else team wade and then you throw in bosh to win it all...

When the decision first happened I thought the same thing but Lebron is by far the best player on the Heat, most important and the leader of the team. He's putting up the same numbers he put in Cleveland so him going to Miami wont take away from his legacy at all. As a fan of his it woulda been sweeter if he had won in Cleveland cuz their fan base in way better than the Miami's. That crowd was live every night.

Last edited:
LeBreezy being swept in the 2007 NBA Finals already sealed his fate on not being the best of all-time.

What was Mike doing in his first three years without Pippen? First round exits. First round sweeps. LeBron never got swept in the first round, Cleveland or Miami. LeBron reached the Finals without anybody, in his fourth year.

Just putting it in perspective.

[quote name="do work son"][quote name="DarthSka"]But you can't say a player has one if they don't, and if a player does have one, then he does.

It really is that simple. People try to make it something different.

"So you're saying it's an individual award?"

Nope.

Just saying he has one. The WHOLE reason we watch sports is for the championships, and he has one.

He doesn't NOT have one.

He has one. By himself? Nope, it's still a team sport. But other great players were on great teams they never won championships. He WAS on a team that won a championship.
[/quote]my point was simply, you can say kobe is better than lebron, but the numbers of rings kobe has shouldn't be a major part of your argument in doing so.[/quote]I didn't say Kobe was better than Bron, tho. :nerd:

Shaq has two finals losses not three.

But I get your point, it's still an accomplishment to get to the finals.

But it is still extremely impressive that Jordan never lost in the finals. It's even more impressive that he took two years off, came back at 32-33 years old and then three-peated again. Makes you wonder if the Bulls could have won 8 straight during the time he was shagging fly balls :x

That's something I think will haunt MJ forever. He already stated not coming back in 1999 still haunts him, but the front office Bulls, Phil Jackson, and the players were at odds.

yea you're right I thought he was on the Celtics that year they lost to the Lakers in game 7. He signed with them the year after that.

I guess Orlando making it to the finals means Dwight is a fluke too. :lol:

its sorta fluke KG got injured that year I remember he missed the entire playoffs. Doesn't matter if you get swept or win 1 game in the finals or even 3. A loss is a loss.

Back
Top Bottom