Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Petrie has played it safe for years now with the design. The last few models didn't give off the signature vibe.
I agree. Others in the know who post on here have stated that Nike somewhat limits/handcuffs the designers on what they can do.  There have been pro-to types of the last few sigs that completely blow the released version out of the water. It's a shame.

A couple things:

1) Aesthetically, these are probably the best looking Lebron's to date. And that says A LOT considering that I'm usually turned off by initial pics, and shoes usually grow on me afterwards. But for a shoe to look good right off the bat? That's impressive.

2) While good looking, the design of these shoes are not innovative at all. It's like Jason Petrie took no risks with the design, just went with something he knew would sell. These look like the Barkley hybrids. A typical hybrid shoe that would sell well. Remember back when Tinker would design a Jordan shoe and the design would COMPLETELY catch you off guard? Like, when you first saw the shoe, it would look like NOTHING you have ever seen before? Unfortunately for Lebron, his line of shoes always looks like some rehashed successful shoe, although good looking. 

3) Performance wise these don't look great. Let's be honest here, the use of "foam" material in Nike's line has been nothing but gimicky. If anything it makes the shoe heavier. All the excessive foam and midfoot design = added weight. If you guys want performance beasts from Nike  it's going to be the Kobes. 

So you broke down thw whole shoe from 3 different views off what? 3 pics? How does something not look like a great performance shoe? Don't you have to perform in them to tell.

So you broke down thw whole shoe from 3 different views off what? 3 pics? How does something not look like a great performance shoe? Don't you have to perform in them to tell.
Anyone with half a brain can tell you that anything utilizing any sort of foamposite is a tank on your feet. Durable as heck but one of the heaviest materials you can put on your feet at the same time. Double edged sword that shouldn't be used in basketball.

It sucks that these are $200 cause I'm trying to cop some of the jordans I could never get growing up! It sucks they have to make te lebrons look really good this year! Jk jk

How is it hard to understand? Clearly from the pictures the shoe uses foam. I've played basketball in several shoes which incorporated foam and have concluded that they add nothing of value to performance. Foam = added weight from a performance perspective.  

Anyone with half a brain can tell you that anything utilizing any sort of foamposite is a tank on your feet. Durable as heck but one of the heaviest materials you can put on your feet at the same time. Double edged sword that shouldn't be used in basketball.
Wrong, the ix ID featured a foamposte material option.... Tell me how durable those were.... Bottom line, anyone making assumptions outside of looks is talking right out their rears

Wrong, the ix ID featured a foamposte material option.... Tell me how durable those were.... Bottom line, anyone making assumptions outside of looks is talking right out their rears
I can't vouch for the LeBron 9 iD option because I've only seen it on one pair and it was gimmicky. As for generally released sneakers such as the Nike Air Foamposite line, Barkley Posite line, etc... Those are VERY durable but VERY heavy. 

Bottom line, I know what foamposite is about. This armorposite used on the LeBron 11 is going to be even more durable.. Slightly more lightweight but it will still be no good for basketball.

You're right. Nobody can say anything conclusive until they actually wear the shoe. However, I think it's safe to say, from the pics alone, there is foam material on this shoe. The use of foam material, over, say leather, or even better, engineered mesh, is excessive weight with no direct benefit from performance perspective. If anything, if the shoe used engineered mesh or leather in those same areas, the shoe would be lighter. That I can say for sure. However, the shoe wouldn't look as good. This is a case of aesthetics > performance, something common in Jason Petrie designs. 

I haven't been in the Lebron game since the VII.. From what I have seen in these few photos of the XI, I am about to be broke. This shoe is a beast

Like the design of XIs

Looking forward to seeing more pics and colorways.

Do you think they're slowly moving away from having the Swoosh on LeBron's and just having his crown on it?

I was thinking the same thing

I feel they are toying with removing the swoosh all together and goin the Jordan route

I feel if any sig line can pull it off it will be LeBron he been with Nike since day 1 and has the most potential as a player and as a brand

anybody got the statistics of how LeBron products line up in sales against KD Kobe and Jordan products.....im not talking just shoes I mean the whole nine apparel included?

View media item 420398@MattSOS: 2012 US nba signature athlete sneaker clothing sales at retail: Lebron $300 million, Rose $25 m, KD $35 m, Kobe $50 M, Howard, $5 m, Wall, $5 m, Jordan $2 billion
* Jordan # includes all JB products (retros, team jordans, melos, cp3's, spizikes, clothing, etc.)

Last edited:
They look flexible and not so rigid like the Xs were, maybe this new setup with whatever lunar zoom that they supposedly have will be a refreshing change.

People hated the idea for the Kobe's and those feel amazing, so I will keep an open mind...

Back
Top Bottom