Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The reg price as is right now is $180.00. Why is everyone crying about $20 price hike? There is more put into the upcoming model fom what we were able to read. Some are the same people who have no problem dropping that crazy price on Barkley's. We all know they will be discounted at some point. I'm really not worried.
Crying? No. Thinking twice and deciding not to buy them? Yes. If y'all are happy to drop 200 for them go ahead, I won't stop you. Nike has taught you well.....

Depending on how the shoe does look it may mean the difference between me not copping a single shoe or getting a single cw. I hope the price will make a lot of the cws go on sale.

The reg price as is right now is $180.00. Why is everyone crying about $20 price hike? There is more put into the upcoming model fom what we were able to read. Some are the same people who have no problem dropping that crazy price on Barkley's. We all know they will be discounted at some point. I'm really not worried.
Its bc its a 20 dollar price hike every year.

I'm just saying, it's $20! Not that I'm stoked on it but it's not 1987. Technology and comfort are at a whole new level. If the $20 is that big of a deal maybe the X was way out of yout price range. Just saying. I bought one pair of Xs at retail and the rest on sale. What makes you think you won't get these cheaper a while after release. I'm not a hypebeast so having something on release day is not a big deal. Look at what people pay for any Jordan these days. Now that is a rip off and unjustified. Zero comfort all for the look and to be cool. You will get the new lebrons for the same price you've been paying all year. Social status is really not that important when you hit my age. I can wait a few months to get these shoes on sale. If not oh well. Not trying to argue. It's a pricey shoe, period. I mean $180 and you now complain about $200? :/ ok

I'm just saying, it's $20! Not that I'm stoked on it but it's not 1987. Technology and comfort are at a whole new level. If the $20 is that big of a deal maybe the X was way out of yout price range. Just saying. I bought one pair of Xs at retail and the rest on sale. What makes you think you won't get these cheaper a while after release. I'm not a hypebeast so having something on release day is not a big deal. Look at what people pay for any Jordan these days. Now that is a rip off and unjustified. Zero comfort all for the look and to be cool. You will get the new lebrons for the same price you've been paying all year. Social status is really not that important when you hit my age. I can wait a few months to get these shoes on sale. If not oh well. Not trying to argue. It's a pricey shoe, period. I mean $180 and you now complain about $200? :/ ok
Plus we haven't even seen these damn things.

So in 5 years a shoe that costs 300 is normal and justified? Yeah........ But but..... Inflation! Technology!

Last edited:
I'm not trying to justify the price. I don't work for nor do I get anything for free from Nike. I pay the same prices as pretty much everyone else. But the X has been $180+ since released. $20, people. That's all I'm saying. This isn't food or gas. It's a luxury item.
I remember back in the day watching this one cat who's family had little money work dudes on court while wearing Pro Wings. These shoes regardless of technology are just a luxury item. We want them, we don't need them. If it's too much, it's just too much. Yes I agree it's a lot of money for a shoe but a $20 increase isn't that bad. How about the Jordan 88s? Having to pay retail of $200 just to get the quality they used to have. Now that's just silly. Now Jordans are the most over priced shoes. You get nothing close to the Lebron. That price in unjustifiable all around.....but that's another story.

they've been going up every year IIRC

when the lebron 12's are around the corner and they cost $220, are you gonna say "why is everyone crying about a $20 price hike?"?

Yes because it's expected from Nike. Not saying I would pay it. I have a hard enough time paying retail on them now. There are people out there who have no problem spending that kinda money. I for one am not one of them. Just dont buy them. Pretty simple. I never owned a single pair of Jordans until this year. Never could afford them. Still can't and most likely do to quality I will not be buying anymore. If you can't do the $20 just don't buy the shoe. This arguing gets us nowhere. I'm done. Buy them or don't. Maybe move on to a different shoe. Pretty sure Nike and LeBron could care less.

I see your point, but nike raised the price $20 with no pics just a snippet of foam material. These xi could look like those ugly *** flightposites for all we know. Look at kds 5 they feel cheaper than the 4s and the 6 are uglier than the 5 and 4s and cost $130 just bc its a new year it doesnt mean that they should hike prices up just bc ppl pay are paying resell prices. But its the 11s include nike+ for $200 that I will be a different story. And if these could $200 only imagine the elites.

I'd pay $200 for the shoe if its good looking and performs well. I love the X and bought several at retail. But let's remember that's just the base price. Wait for the premium shoes (like BHM/Area72 etc) for $220, + enabled for >$240 and that's getting ridiculous (as if $200/$270 isn't crazy). Don't even start I the elites, although those are typically easy to get under retail. Ids? Start at $240 for the base shoe I'm sure.

It's getting to the point ill only be able to cop 1-2 shoes a month at most. Nike needs to trend somewhat lightly IMO. They're pricing themselves out of the 14-24 range (kids/college students/etc.) because of they're lack of income and 24+ year olds because that's about when we start getting real responsibilities (house/kids/bills etc). I'm saving up for a wedding, just bought a house and have a daughter, I won't be able to afford more than 1-2 pairs a month and that's still ~$6k+ a year on shoes. Than again, there's always ballers and people who live in their moms basement with no bills.

End rant

If $250 didn't stop me for the Jordan XX8, $200 certainly isn't going to stop me for the LeBron XI.

But I do hope it stops some of you. All these price increases are a result of so many people making it obvious to Nike that $200 and $300 sneakers have a market.

If that market evaporates, prices will fall.

So if you think the price is outrageous, don't buy. Prices would fall if enough people did that.

You worrying about $200 retail? Blame the hypebeasts spending $600-1500 on a pair of cork lebrons that retailed for 250.

Hah, did you even look at that Instagram page that posted that prototype.. that is NOT going to be the XI, mark my words

Thank goodness. I would feel bad for LeBron on these. He would be like, "I ain't goin' out there in those! "

Back
Top Bottom