Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I'm sure we would all be furious if we knew the cost to make each pair. I understand there has to be a profit but Nike has been going overboard for years and years. We pay it so why would they not try to get as much as they can. It all comes back to the general public willing to pay these prices. The only thing that would knock them back down to reality is if everyone just stopped buying the product. How likely is that though? It would have to be a mass amount of people doing it all at once. A protest of sorts.....but everyone's just gotta have that new new.

LeBron 10s sit in stores for months. They get heavily discounted but the problem arises when they do "limited arises". The protesting is negated when they watch (they do watch) people sell denims early for $1500 and corks for $1200.

Blame people paying resale price for the MSRP increase. MSRP will increase across the board as long as people keep paying 100+ over retail for pre orders or 100-300+ over retail just to obtain a shoe.

Blame people paying resale price for the MSRP increase. MSRP will increase across the board as long as people keep paying 100+ over retail for pre orders or 100-300+ over retail just to obtain a shoe.
Thats Nike doing that as well. Let's make it "limited" and have people freak out and pay more because they are afraid they won't be able to get them. We don't know their production numbers so when they say QS or Limited, people panic. I don't for one. I won't pay resellers but I do get what you are saying. It's just crappy all around. Pretty bummed that shoes have come to this. It may be time for a new "hobbie" for me. Been buying Nike shoes exclusively since 96.....and yes I wear all the shoes I buy.

Thats Nike doing that as well. Let's make it "limited" and have people freak out and pay more because they are afraid they won't be able to get them. We don't know their production numbers so when they say QS or Limited, people panic. I don't for one. I won't pay resellers but I do get what you are saying. It's just crappy all around. Pretty bummed that shoes have come to this. It may be time for a new "hobbie" for me. Been buying Nike shoes exclusively since 96.....and yes I wear all the shoes I buy.
Of course its Nike too. They are a business they must capitalize on all of this hype right now. But back to the shoes...hoping that the XI are more casual looking like the 8s were.

Lebron in XI?

View media item 417074
View media item 417076
I know what the opinion is right now and how it's gonna be in oct.

he could be messing with the li-nings (spelling?) on the down low and somebody caught him lol you never know! i just dont see a check anywhere but then again they are murdered out so i really cant tell.... i can see what looks like a nikes lebron type flywire setup though idk haha i really cant tell what those are

The ones that lebron have on is probably early wear test samples he's using for practice

Only reason why they may be the XI is because of the teaser pic that was leaked earlier
EDIT:
View media item 417169

Last edited:
And the elites will cost $300

I hope they're an improvement from the X. Well maybe not if they're going to cost that much.

they've been going up every year IIRC

when the lebron 12's are around the corner and they cost $220, are you gonna say "why is everyone crying about a $20 price hike?"?

:lol:

The reg price as is right now is $180.00. Why is everyone crying about $20 price hike? There is more put into the upcoming model fom what we were able to read. Some are the same people who have no problem dropping that crazy price on Barkley's. We all know they will be discounted at some point. I'm really not worried.

Was this post serious?

The details I've read about the shoe sound like a Frankenstein shoe of Nike's innovations all on one shoe... WHich can be either really good, or really horrible.
See what I mean?

but Lunarlon and Zoom Air :nerd:

Agree with most of y'all on that $200 price tag. I copped multiple pairs of the IX's because of the colorways. I have yet to find to find a colorway for the X's worth that extra $10. Probably gonna be the same with the XI's.

Same here

I think Nike's plan is to have the Lebron's get up to $250.00 plus and to be their most expensive shoe passing up all the other Nike basketball shoes.  The increase is gonna continue to happen until people stop buying. 

If that's close to what the 11s are gonna be then they kinda sorta remind me of flightposite 2s.

plus $200.00 is actually a decent price if it's gonna be made out of the foamposite type of material.     Look at how much the hyperposites, foams, and Barkley posite max's retail for.  

Lebron in XI?

I know what the opinion is right now and how it's gonna be in oct.
I'm actually feeling these.   They look kind of like the Barkley posite max and hyperposites put together but I like the shape of these better.   If Nike comes with some sick colorways these will be his best selling shoe yet.

And the elites will cost $300

I hope they're an improvement from the X. Well maybe not if they're going to cost that much.
:lol:
Was this post serious?
Yes I was serious. What are you questioning? That barkley's are $235 yet people still buy them. They are adding foamposite to the new leBrons from what they are saying. Why wouldn't they be $20 more? If they are attempting to make the shoe more fitting to what LeBron wants and it will cost
more...and they aren't thinking about the consumer they will add it. I'm not saying Nike is right for charging an arm and a leg for a pair of shoes. I'm saying the material is what the increase in price is. They are going to ride the lightning on this and get all they can out of his shoes. Look at his current season alone.

From what I can tell, I like them. And with no air max unit sign me up. Lookin forward to hoopin these.

Back
Top Bottom