Legit Check on Bred IV 99

What's up NT. I a new to the board but not the game. I picked up a pair of the 99 bred 4's on the bay. The seller had over 150 transactions and 100% feedback. He claimed these shoes were authentic but I have my doubts. I would appreciate the opinions of those in the know. Thanks for any help you can give.

23wmxwi.jpg

2cdibdf.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2a5gq5f.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/sbmutv.jpg[IMG]

Sorry about the pics.  First time posting.  Not sure why they are upside down.  Took the pics with the ipad which I am just getting familiar with.  That gif made me LOL.  I will post a picture of the tag when I get home.  Thanks for replying.

Fakes. Nike Air is upside down. :x

Flip those pics bruh :lol:

these pictures are horrible. the angle of the shots are misleading. From what I am seeing, they don't look too good.

The ankle support appears to be too thick

The tongue looks misshapen and there shouldn't be red showing in a front view since any 99 pair has the inner sock liner color stitched behind.  

The nike air badge cut on the back looks short. It should be around an inch apart from the midsole to the nike air cut. 

Midsole look a little shiny.

The flight emblem on the tongue looks wrinkled when it should be smooth as a baby's butt

Also the toebox has a square buldge like the 2008 retro from the CDP. The 99 pairs had like a 45 degree curve gong on.

Welp, there you have it. From 2 guys who are more certified on 99 IV's than me :lol:

fake

- black midsole shouldnt be glossy

- crown's aka eyelets whould be the same grey as the midsole rubber

- no heel bump and toe box shouldnt be as boxy, 99 retros are more sloped

fake

- black midsole shouldnt be glossy

- crown's aka eyelets whould be the same grey as the midsole rubber

- no heel bump and toe box shouldnt be as boxy, 99 retros are more sloped
I don't agree on your second reasoning. The rubber on the toecap can yellow with age and UV exposure.

I don't agree on your second reasoning. The rubber on the toecap can yellow with age and UV exposure.
 So are you saying there real? because if not then yeah that is a factor because they obviously arent that old. If everything else checked out then that wouldnt be a main reason but since they dont look real then thats a tell tell sign

So are you saying there real? because if not then yeah that is a factor because they obviously arent that old. If everything else checked out then that wouldnt be a main reason but since they dont look real then thats a tell tell sign
I never said anything about the shoes being authentic. If you scroll up more, you'll see many of the reason's why I know they're fake. No, the grey rubber doesn't need to match the lace supports so it is not a factor whatsoever. These came out in 1999 so I don't see how you can say that these aren't that old. They're more than 10 years old. I've unyellowed grey rubber from the CDP 4's from 2008 and that's no less than four years ago.

Anything that's rubber or plastic will yellow and will change in color. The picture above doesn't do justice since it's in bad lighting.

Back
Top Bottom