Let the bidding for Darren McFadden begin... Parcells wants to trade #1 pick

And Jackson would have been in a Cowboys uniform.

Him and Marion Barber are practically the same dude, just Jackson gets more carries.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

And Jackson would have been in a Cowboys uniform.

Him and Marion Barber are practically the same dude, just Jackson gets more carries.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
stop the madness.
Marion aint on Jackson's level. don't let a few stiff arms fool you.
[T.O] tell the cowboys to cut him and try and take Jackson's spot, Cowboys, let him go [/T.O]

laugh.gif
@ Dallas being able to trade just two first rounders for the firstoverall pick. Dallas will end up with a low 20 and either pick 30 or 31. Definitely not enough for the first overall pick. The Dolphins sure as hell aren'tgoing to want Julius Jones in that package either. Maybe the two first rounders, the second round pick, and a swap of the third round picks would do it.There's no way in hell I'm trading up for a RB when I already have a good duo.

lol good one gunna ... yeah barber aint no jackson, but healthy barber > unhealthy jackson YA DIG! ... honestly, the way ad is playin this year and the waymcfadden looks, im thinkin id give up barber to a team for a first and third rounder and trade two firsts for the #1 and get mcfadden ... re-sign julius forminimal money and have a more explosive mcfadden getting the rock ... i dunno, i see jerry going AFTER something BIG this offseason no bull

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

lim thinkin id give up barber to a team for a first and third rounder

Who's going to do that though? Good RBs are so easy to come by.

If you're Jerry Jones and you really want McFadden, you give Barber a first round tender this offseason and let him walk if someone signs himaway. You can't a) Overvalue a guy that hasn't ever carried the load as a RB, and hasn't been extremely impressive when he got increased workloads,b) Trade everything of value for McFadden, pay him top dollar, and bring him here to split carries with Barber, or c) overvalue Barber come RFA Tender timethis year and then trade for McFadden and lose Barber for nothing come this time next year.

You either keep Barber and find a complementary guy later on, or you use Barber as a piece to the McFadden puzzle. Barber has value around the league rightnow, and assuming you go get McFadden, he's not re-signing here after next year to split carries when he can probably get a full workload and more cashelsewhere. If you are hellbent on getting DMac, you take whatever you can get for MB3 and commit to RunDMC as a workhorse.

i do believe barber is a RFA and they would have to give that up (someone correct me if im wrong) ... and with the way barber plays, excitementand versatility, and on top of that hes a 1000 yard rusher splitting carries, why wouldnt a team take that? draft picks are so hit and miss, i would justrather the sure thing
You either keep Barber and find a complementary guy later on, or you use Barber as a piece to the McFadden puzzle. Barber has value around the league right now, and assuming you go get McFadden, he's not re-signing here after next year to split carries when he can probably get a full workload and more cash elsewhere. If you are hellbent on getting DMac, you take whatever you can get for MB3 and commit to RunDMC as a workhorse.
so basically barber and a first rounder you think would get you dmac? essentially it works out like that i guess ...

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

i do believe barber is a RFA and they would have to give that up (someone correct me if im wrong) ... and with the way barber plays, excitement and versatility, and on top of that hes a 1000 yard rusher splitting carries, why wouldnt a team take that? draft picks are so hit and miss, i would just rather the sure thing

Right. Why would anybody give that up though? Why would you trade a 1st rounder for a RB that will end up splitting time anyways?
It's just how I feel, but RBs are more a product of a good line. Just look at that chump in Seattle. Build a great line and get a decent back, andyou have a great running game.

You never know a random team like the Browns could really want this pick Quinn a first rounder and another player for the 1st pick...so we'll see in coupleof months what really goes down

Does Miami really want a running back?

If they feel the need to get a running back then the best solution for them would be to trade down in the last moments to make sure he gets Jones.

Dallas really doesnt have enough to get up there.

If Bill sees his future QB he will get him no matter at number 1 or number 20

Matt Ryan is prob that guy we shall see though.

To me personally if the fins dont get 2 elite players in this draft

5 elite players
Chris Long
Jake Long
Glen Dorsey
Dmac
Ryan ( in GM's minds)

Its a Failure.

What will happen.

Bill Will get his cake and eat it too.

If he decides to trade Jason Taylor (which I think he will)

He will get Ryan by using the Dmac hype to get to say number 5.

and now he has to find a way to get Vernon Gholston

He is the guy who can put his hand down on certain downs and possibly might be able to slip into coverage.

Its a more risky pick but this guy has all world athletic ability at that position.

But HE has to get a QB under 25 years old.

i really wish the packers could some how land him, but our picks this year wont be good enough, oh well.....

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

It's just how I feel, but RBs are more a product of a good line. Just look at that chump in Seattle. Build a great line and get a decent back, and you have a great running game.
Exactly.

so basically barber and a first rounder you think would get you dmac? essentially it works out like that i guess ...
Not necessarily. If Barber signs with some team as an RFA and you get compensated that first rounder, you have three #1's to work with. Justgives you that much more wiggle room in negotiations. It'll take more than two first rounders, but I don't see anyway it takes all three should Jerryget them. So you package 2 #1's and whatever else, and still get two first round talents outta the deal...All I'm saying is, if Jerry is deadset onMcFadden, Marion Barber is GONE after next year regardless, and it doesn't make sense to keep him for another year and watch him walk away next year fornothing. If some team will give you a first rounder right now for Barber, Bye Bye. Go get RunDMC.

we dont need no damn running back, calm down dallas fans

we need everything else,
laugh.gif

we need everything else,
Yeah but I think most people are on the Mcfadden is THAT much more talented than anyone else in the draft word to AD ... the point is, if he isanything close to AD, wouldnt you want your team (if they could) to get him? even if it means giving up on the barbarian and resigning jj, if dmac lives up tothe HYPE, he will be that dude ... and getting what you can for barber NOW, because the league is obviously on his sack, might be better than exposing him tonot being a feature back next year and his stock going down ... as for our other needs, it really depends on what we do with our older FAs ... if we signeveryone, the only thing we definitely need is a corner or maybe a safety, and if we make the barber deal we will prolly still have one first round draft pickto work on that with ... Jerry Jones is going to earn his money this offseason, but I have faith in th eold guy

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Originally Posted by WILLINC

we need everything else,
laugh.gif

Yea yall do, Ronnie Brown has been a bust and hed easily also be the Dolphins best QB also
Hahaha that's true though. The Phins are in position where they need to get younger at alotta positions so you have to trade down. Ronnie Brownisn't Chester Taylor. You can't have all the money tied up into one position when the rest of your team is trash.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im just saying, if the 'Phins pass on DMac, they have to get like 3 beyond solid starters.

to me, trading the rights to a potential superstar is
smh.gif
Committing nearly 50 million in cap to two rb's is simply not smart economically..

Yes, you don't how Ronnie comes back from the ACL...But I'm pretty damn sure Parcells is willing to try him out again. Especially considering how wellhe was playing.

Running back is the most interchangeable posistion in the entire league. By far.Yes they're are special talents out there. The ones who make people missmore than others(AD, LT etc), and the ones who makeit happen in open field like no other. But that still doesn't change the fact that if you very well canfind a running back off the street and turn him into a stud(i.e Willie Parker). Especially if you have the right personnel on your offensive front.

Back
Top Bottom