let this thread die (NYK)

mtmercydave09

Don't get too excited, Stern will probably veto this trade too.

laugh.gif

We do a sign and trade for Dragic get rid of Toney, Drisntbwjzijfjnh and we land Dragic. And go forward from there.

Im not even mad really. I wanted nash and he would be a great pickup but not at the expense of giving up shump. Theres still some decent guards out there like dragic, sessions and felton give me 1 of them and sign lin. If not then just pickup kidd as a backup to lin. And then resign our guys like jr and novak. Obviously pass on fields. Im not a fan of camby i want someone younger like bass or kenyon

Originally Posted by nightruans

I'm convinced the NBA is fixed broken. The lakers are constantly getting players for nothing while every other team gets raped for players.
"corrected"
The NBA has so many notable moves that affect the league that they feel comfortable steering the ship slightly. If this was to help out the Lakers, it was to make up for the CP3 fiasco. Either way it creates more NBA buzz while Stern is:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7844-1319559551-27.gif

Smh ...Nash would have done damage with the knicks. But the amount of outburst people had was ballistic. Last time that happened we ended up keeping that bum Landry for no reason. Steve Nash actually got better with age. I'm just saying it would have been dope to see Nash give teams trouble in breaking their defensive set. How would Miami gaurd them? You double Melo, Nash would have ran the pick and roll with Stat, you gaurd Stat, then you have to worry about Tyson catching a lob or Melo out in the midrange or even having Nash hitting a jumper. It would have been a pick your poison offense with Steve. I'm going to regret seeing the opportunity passed on him.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

tumblr_m4q07hAV7E1rnfdl2.gif

You guys still can get Jeremy Lin

laugh.gif

Honestly, we're not that mad at all lolAnyways the biggest losers in this are the raptors and their contract offer for fields LOL

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

a couple late 20's draft pics though

The owner is a cheapskate. Didnt wanna take on salary prob.Makes sense. I'm happy I get to root for shump for what I hope is the next decade. And I'm happy that most of you are happy and not on some final straw ##$%. I'm pissed about two things. One is that we were used as leverage for the 100th time. And two SOMEONE IN THE ORGINZATION LEAKED IT TO A @@@%%#+ MUSICIAN. ALWAYS HAVE LOUD MOUTHS WORKING FOR THIS FRUMPSTER.

Thank GOD this trade did not go through.

I don't want to see a Knicks team with a 2-3 year window that goes straight into the toilet. You'd like to win now but you also want to remain relevant for the foreseeable future as well.

Who cares bout relevancy? I just want one chip man. I hope that shump doesn't feel slighted

Can't front, I was actually warming up to the idea of Nash in NYC. If for the simple fact that Amar'e may have resembled the dynamic player he was when he was part of a tandem w/Nash, I think it was worth the risk. Also, the ball would have certainly been in Melo's hands less with the exception of iso's and point-forward situations. And that would have only benefited Carmelo in the sense that he would have been taking more efficient shots. Oops to Chandler goes without saying. Shump is the goods, but I think James White would be able to give at least a change of pace off the bench to defend bigger guards and some SFs (not named LeBron James).

I don't know how much we got used at the end of the day. Dude is closer to his daughters in Phoenix and from the early details, the Lakers recently emerged this weekend.

Gimme Kidd at the veterans minimum and Camby and I'm good honestly.

seriously shuges? man i came in here to be reassured. you guys were so adamant against the trade so someone tell me this is good

Pretty glad that we still have Shumpert. Kinda disappointed that Douglas's still a Knick.
laugh.gif

Let's match the offer for Lin now.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Who cares bout relevancy? I just want one chip man. I hope that shump doesn't feel slighted
This team WITH Nash is not winning anything.

Originally Posted by DubA169

seriously shuges? man i came in here to be reassured. you guys were so adamant against the trade so someone tell me this is good

Funny thing is I never made a comment about Nash once the speculation started. I was waiting to see if it was official. And as I waited, I thought more about it. I mean, it's good that they didn't get him I guess b/c what would they have done with Lin? Nash would have been the keys to a Ferrari. Powerful yet smooth (in relation to the Knicks team with him at the helm). Lin right now is the keys to a Skyline. Raw, unrefined.

Back
Top Bottom