let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

tumblr_m4q07hAV7E1rnfdl2.gif

You guys still can get Jeremy Lin

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Thank GOD this trade did not go through.

I don't want to see a Knicks team with a 2-3 year window that goes straight into the toilet. You'd like to win now but you also want to remain relevant for the foreseeable future as well.

I too am honestly relieved. The Knicks did the right thing here in not giving up Shump. They were aggressive and did what they could but the Suns price was too high. Hell, it is what it is. Nash wasn't putting this team over the top (to the Finals) anyways. I would not be mad seeing Kidd sign here since it seems like he wants to be hear and would like the idea of mentoring Lin.

Now everyone in this thread can breathe easy.
laugh.gif

Isola:

Like I said yesterday, NBA players don't think "if I go to the Knicks I'll win a championship." Players do say that about joining the Lakers

Harsh reality.

Realistically, and not for the sake of being a fan...do y'all think we'll EVER see one?

the new orleans saints won. the rangers won in 94. yes we can win. but it may take 20 or 30 years

It's not just this one incident, though.

He won't let "basketball people" run the operations without a leash around their collar. He chases off all of the great minds necessary for success.

From Riley to JVG to Donnie.

Seriously I don't care bout Nash. I'm not about instant gratification and taking steps back. That is a old Knicks move Aka isiah move. I'm so glad we didnt get Nash for shump. Just get a point guard along with Lin even if it's Kidd. He might be bum status but for the minimum he's a decent backup and can tutor Lin. Hopefully we pickup a good two guard or 4 or 5 to represent the bench. After resigning Lin, Novak and jr I see us picking up a pg and forward or center. Then next yr pickup another piece with our 3 million exception

Looks like Lin will most certainly be back. I can see the Raps throwing a big bag of cash at him in an attempt to REALLY %$@* the Knicks over though.

I'm fine with Lin coming back and Kidd backing him up. Bring back Shawne Williams for the vet min. to back up Melo, Camby for vet min. or portion of mini-MLE, Jeffries for vet min.

Anything else?

That spoiler.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Looks like Lin will most certainly be back. I can see the Raps throwing a big bag of cash at him in an attempt to REALLY %$@* the Knicks over though.
Didn't think of this.
sick.gif
They couldn't get their savior to join so maybe they'll throw a ridiculous amount of money to Lin, who will bring them tons of dough from the Asian community they have up there.

I could take Lin at 4 years/30M but not what Toronto would pay for him...

Felton was supposed to be meet with PHX this week.

Probably not going to sign with them now that they got Dragic.

We need him. And he will be cheap. There isnt much else left.

Douglas gonna be back and prove everyone wrong, I see a big comeback season for the worst Knick of all time.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Felton was supposed to be meet with PHX this week.

Probably not going to sign with them now that they got Dragic.

We need him. And he will be cheap. There isnt much else left.
Might be in the minority on this but I'd rather have Kidd here (as a backup) than Felton.

I don't care for Kidd either. I'd rather we try to hoodwink the likes of Kirk Hinrich, Jameer Nelson, D.J. Augustin, Randy Foye, and Jannero Pargo.

%%%#, as things are now Jamal Tinsley and Patty Mills too.

We need a veteran PG for this team (Kidd). Melo/Amare would actually respect and listen to him if he starts directing them to go places on the court.

Pargo, DJ, Jameer? LOL. Lets just keep Lin for now.

No offense man, but those dudes are TRASH. Hinrich?? Oft-injured and a matador on D. Jameer? Oft-injured and washed up. Augustin? At one point, he couldn't even hold the starting spot for the Bobcats. THE BOBCATS. Foye, Pargo, MILLS??, Tinsley....these are the dudes you want leading you into war against the Heat, the C's and the new-look Nets? These dudes are not much better than Douglas, real talk. You might as well take Anthony Carter back.

Back
Top Bottom