Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

it started to do it a little. maybve i just have to find a a bass that comes like that

some people use compression and some filter drums, some reverb and eq

I dont use FL, but there are other ways besides compression for certain sounds

Quote:
it started to do it a little. maybve i just have to find a a bass that comes like that

what program are you using? i know how to do something like that in logic
[/center]

lets say you have a sample on 4 pads and you dont want them to run into each other to get a distorted sound, you just want them to cut each other off...so as i press one itt plays until i press another pad

this is off the top of my head so i dont know if this will be the right directions:

shift + 6
F1
F2 (this should take you to your envelopes screen)
on the bottom right change poly to either mono or note off (i think thats what its called)

i dont know if mono will work, but you can use that to stutter the sample on one pad

with note off you will have to hold the pad until you want it to stop playing. then you can do the same for the other pads.

hope that helps

EDIT: this is how i do it on my 2000xl-mcd. not sure if you have the same one or not

[/center]

Quote:
What do you use for compression for drums in FL? Makes the sounds crisper or sharper, maybe?

all compression does is reduce the dynamic range of your tracks (the highest freq to the lowest freq). sometimes it sounds great, sometimes it doesnt. just depends on your original dynamic range. if you want crisper sounds eq your lows (approx 80Hz), mids (approx 2-4kHz), and highs (approx 12kHz). if you have instruments on different tracks, send all your drums to a bus and add a stereo reverb on that bus.
[/center]

floss, u gotta go into program, and then parameters and find that note, go down to where u can change it from poly mono note off, and press open window, and therell be a thing wher eu can control which note cuts off what note, u can have i think 3 for each note
T Wong Supreme Team, Splash the Tso's make the Wok Gleam​

Tommy - your directions got kinda fuzzy...do I want it poly or mono...so that it cut off the next pad I touch

when in recycle, how do you change the sample format to be seen in reason?? rex files??
Seduced by the darkside, Young Skywalker is...

COUNCIL RECORDS HOMIE

anyone know about the reason being changed to rex files so that when you enter them in dr rex loop, they show up and are not read as unsupported?

also everyone should start posting their setup , maybe that could be another way to get us help with who knows what and future questions answered...i know it seems like a lot, but i know we can help each other out to get a regular going forum

^^^ u need to get Recycle...its by propellorheads and its an audio editing program which allows your to enter your own slice points....u then just save the file as a .rex and then open it up with the dr.rex

[/b]​

i have recycle, and thats the problem, i export the sound as wav, but do i need to change the extention or anything

If anyone could explain the steps that would help...i have mac version of recycle
and everytime it goes to dr. rex it ends up saying unsupported or corrupt

Finally figured out the problem...but it doesnt matter, ima stick to equiment for samples and reason for original custom beats

Can you guys help me out? So far, I've only been making music on and my cousin's Macbook (Pro Tools), and a Roland keyboard (XP-80, I think). I got a job, and I want my own equipment. I am so used to to my cousin's setup, but I don't want to spend a grip.

I was thinking about an mpc, and probably the same kind of Roland keyboard. Problem is, I don't have any real experience with MPC's and it would be new to me. Where should I start? thanks a lot. I am new to this.
I need this J:
AJ Retro VII (Chambray)
sz 11.5 inbox me!

everytime i open reason and my head feels dizzy and i lose vision in one eye

is that normal?
[/b][/center]
EAM.NIGERIA.​

Quote:
I don't have any real experience with MPC's and it would be new to me. Where should I start?

Get a Macbook and Protools. Reason and Midi Controller to start of with. Then work your way up to an MPC 1000

Quote:
I was thinking about an mpc, and probably the same kind of Roland keyboard. Problem is, I don't have any real experience with MPC's and it would be new to me. Where should I start? thanks a lot. I am new to this.

well since you used to pro tools and non software equipment... i say get a mpc 1000 or xl...xl you'll need floppy or zip drive...1000 you wont...and then get a roland...there are plenty of them out there ad it doesnt have to be expensive , you will love the mpc's once you do your correct research and stud of them...its a 3 week learning curve

I can just start makin music as soon as I get an mpc 1000? sorry if that's a stupid question. Is that all I need basically? The Roland should be second priority? thanks a lot.
I need this J:
AJ Retro VII (Chambray)
sz 11.5 inbox me!

Back
Top Bottom