Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Ok so I have an Casio keyboard with a !#%%-load of sounds and I wanted to use it in FL/Reason but it only has a midi port maybe two. Do I have to use aninterface to get THOSE sounds on the keyboard onto my computer? What do I need specifically?

I finally freaking figured out the reason sequencer after months and months and man does it feel good, it may not be the right way to do it but its a big stepforward for me goodbye fruity loops. Now all i gotta work on is getting things to sound how i want and making drum patterns and other melodies and get betteron the piano. Hopefully i can get somestuff done soon.

Originally Posted by Will0827

I finally freaking figured out the reason sequencer after months and months and man does it feel good, it may not be the right way to do it but its a big step forward for me goodbye fruity loops. Now all i gotta work on is getting things to sound how i want and making drum patterns and other melodies and get better on the piano. Hopefully i can get somestuff done soon.
good %!+* fam... that sequencer is a beast...

I'm not sure if this falls under this category or not, but I was wondering if anybody can tell me some basic elements when creating a southern stylehip-hop beat? (ex. drums, bass???, etc.?)

Also, what are some things common almost trademark in producers beats like the neptunes, scott storch, timbaland???

I'm new to this and I really don't even want to produce-I just don't have $$ to pay people for beats. I'm really just looking to create beatsso I can record on them. So I picked up a new Logic Studio for $149 with an academic discount since garageband was limiting me. Thanks a lot NT.

lol at u not havin money for beats but actually buying programs
laugh.gif

theres not really elements... u can use whatever...

its pretty much all about tempo and drum patterns...

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

laugh.gif

thanks...but logic studio was $149 (bout $160 with tax)...most beats I see that I like are $150 for ONE...now if you know somebody who makes $2beats or hot ones for free then I'll sell my logic studio on ebay for double what I paid and get at least 160 $1 beats....

BUT I figured it was a much wiser investment...call me crazy but I'm one of those people who likes to save $$$ and in this case eliminating the middle manis a lil easier...for me it's just a means to the end im strivin for

I guess I meant what are some things that are common to southern beats...I checked out YouTube and have just been listening to beats I like and one thing thatstands out are kicks, simple but serious bass, claps, snares, and horns. Thanks for your help...any other advice is appreciated.

i see what u mean... i started makin beats for the same reason... but what im sayin is u coulda got logic free... thats all...

808 drumkit... those are usually the drums u hear...

dont forget organs... strings (esp pizz)... SYNTHS!!!!!! SYNTHS SYNTHS SYNTHS... them ####+ is the future... and present... lol... runners are synth fiends aswell as timbo... and me... lol

check out some of my beat makin videos... people seem to think my drum patterns are pretty dope...

www.youtube.com/imtime

Originally Posted by JayeRell

Originally Posted by 216TIME216

laugh.gif

thanks...but logic studio was $149 (bout $160 with tax)...most beats I see that I like are $150 for ONE...now if you know somebody who makes $2 beats or hot ones for free then I'll sell my logic studio on ebay for double what I paid and get at least 160 $1 beats....

BUT I figured it was a much wiser investment...call me crazy but I'm one of those people who likes to save $$$ and in this case eliminating the middle man is a lil easier...for me it's just a means to the end im strivin for

I guess I meant what are some things that are common to southern beats...I checked out YouTube and have just been listening to beats I like and one thing that stands out are kicks, simple but serious bass, claps, snares, and horns. Thanks for your help...any other advice is appreciated.
laugh.gif

Anyways dude just listen to music and take notes of what you like about that style. And youtube has terrible qualityof audio, 99 percent of it isn't even stereo..it's just mono. I would suggest listening to quality tracks in order to "study" a genre.

As far as neptunes and timbaland....I've been trying to tell people this forever, but the only thing that matters are your SOUNDS. Timbo and the Neptuneshave the best synthesizer game in the game (this one dude is pretty decent but I can't think of his name...does alot of TI songs). Synth sounds like thatyour MOST LIKELY not gonna get from a software, but at the same time your not marketing to all of america so it's really not that important.

Sit down with some quality tracks. Take notes on what certain things have in common. Take notes on what makes certain things special. Try to figure out how toreplicate that down to the octave, down to the effects etc.

Have fun. Studying your favorite producers is one of the best parts of making music.
pimp.gif

just looking for some tips, i just got a axiom 25 controller and im using reason 4.0, I was wondering how to program the controller, thanks 4 the help

what brand laptops do u guys use? i was running reason on my gateway laptop but i need something better.

Reason is tight

Originally Posted by fifaboy03

what brand laptops do u guys use? i was running reason on my gateway laptop but i need something better.

Reason is tight

I have a Toshiba Centrino Duo, works great with Reason. I have 1GB or ram, but I may max it out with 2 GB since ram prices are dropping like crazy.

Anyone trying to sell a MIDI controller?

#$!% akai drumkits... make ur own drums... just get all of the old school drum machines and layer...

check craigslist for a cheap midi controller...

Layer your drum sounds is pretty much the half the fun for me...but laying with those new akai sounds from that xr20 is pretty serious too
pimp.gif

YO...I'm in the music forum all the time....and I know I've probably mentioned making music a whole bunch of times...

but now that I'm outta my house in Orlando I'm really tryna get my %%@$ up and runnin......

i want equipment.....what is some good %%@$ that i can start out with and work my way up to?

time to start savin money.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

YO...I'm in the music forum all the time....and I know I've probably mentioned making music a whole bunch of times...

but now that I'm outta my house in Orlando I'm really tryna get my %%@$ up and runnin......

i want equipment.....what is some good %%@$ that i can start out with and work my way up to?

time to start savin money.

Will you be making sample based beats??

Back
Top Bottom