Letter from JB's Footwear Business Director...

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

I really think we shouldn't overly complain to Jordan Brand. Ever heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you?" I mean we could all try and look at the bright side of releases lol.
nah dude, its flipped around.

they shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds them.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

please anyone who calls please post what happened in the call I'll call tommarow and post how it goes have a few choice words I'd like to have withMr.chambers
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cangn

dude of course they're gonna be saying good $+++ to ANYONE who writes to them... what, do you expect them to reply saying "You guys are stupid as hell, we don't care what you think, oh and keep buying our payless shoe quality"?

truth of the matter is, JB can say w/e they want, but so far the only thing we've been seeing is the quality of their product getting worsen by the second

co sign.

And to the guy that said, "dont bite the hand that feeds you".
roll.gif
We dont need to appreciate anything, since we are the ones shelling out the cash. They need to appreciate the consumer, and realize the longerthey screw with the consumer, the more likely the consumer will catch on and stop being so loyal.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

I really think we shouldn't overly complain to Jordan Brand. Ever heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you?" I mean we could all try and look at the bright side of releases lol.
nah dude, its flipped around.

they shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds them.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
QFT.

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by blco02

udntnoeme01 wrote: one of the prerequisites in bringing these models back is that we remain true to the original construction/look/material/color/etc.

liessss
3028768189_c8fc64c902_o.gif

yep and yep.
thank you JB for staying true w/ banana shaped kicks, bootleg suede, and toeboxes that fold like paper. love it.
indifferent.gif

on a serious note, at least i dont have to pay attn to release dates anymore

Yeah I agree to boycott for better materials and I also agree with the thread starter it would be cool to have updated retros. Like put some zoom air in retro3s and 4s. Put IPS in some 8s. Hell add flywire somewhere. I mean you can't get much worse then the 6 rings and the Fusions.

Hey NT, don't you guys think that the bright-side cancels out the negativities? I mean JB's shelled out/ scheduled some of the most awaited releasesfor us nowadays; carmines, infrareds, space jams, black and red 11s, hares, etc. Now from the top of my head, the lowest quality shoes they ever released werethe Mars 4s, Military Blue 4s,the plethora of Air Jordan 1s in horrid colorway, Fusions, DTRT colorways, olympic 6s (multicolored ones that released recently),and pea-pod 8s. From a business standpoint, I don't blame JB to capitalize on the hypee they've already built up with the brand itself. I mean thoseshoes appeal to a certain audience anyhow, us sneakerheads don't have to pay much attention to them. But don't we still get what we want most in thelong run with JB releasing all the original colorways that we most sought after?

Hey NT, don't you guys think that the bright-side cancels out the negativities? I mean JB's shelled out/ scheduled some of the most awaited releases for us nowadays; carmines, infrareds, space jams, black and red 11s, hares, etc. Now from the top of my head, the lowest quality shoes they ever released were the Mars 4s, Military Blue 4s,the plethora of Air Jordan 1s in horrid colorway, Fusions, DTRT colorways, olympic 6s (multicolored ones that released recently), and pea-pod 8s. From a business standpoint, I don't blame JB to capitalize on the hypee they've already built up with the brand itself. I mean those shoes appeal to a certain audience anyhow, us sneakerheads don't have to pay much attention to them. But don't we still get what we want most in the long run with JB releasing all the original colorways that we most sought after?

couldn't have said it any better myself. also, i thnk like you were saying, we don't sometimes give JB credit for releasing stuff that they did.everyone complained for the black/cement 3's.....we got those.....black/red 4's.....got those....carmines....got those......space jams...comingsoon.......hares......got those...etc....etc.

we take great pride in making some of the best performance products in the world and with that comes a very high standard of excellence to complement the amazing craftsmanship that goes into every shoe.

I guess JB are making fireproof pants now as well.

Originally Posted by theblprnt

Hey NT, don't you guys think that the bright-side cancels out the negativities? I mean JB's shelled out/ scheduled some of the most awaited releases for us nowadays; carmines, infrareds, space jams, black and red 11s, hares, etc. Now from the top of my head, the lowest quality shoes they ever released were the Mars 4s, Military Blue 4s,the plethora of Air Jordan 1s in horrid colorway, Fusions, DTRT colorways, olympic 6s (multicolored ones that released recently), and pea-pod 8s. From a business standpoint, I don't blame JB to capitalize on the hypee they've already built up with the brand itself. I mean those shoes appeal to a certain audience anyhow, us sneakerheads don't have to pay much attention to them. But don't we still get what we want most in the long run with JB releasing all the original colorways that we most sought after?

couldn't have said it any better myself. also, i thnk like you were saying, we don't sometimes give JB credit for releasing stuff that they did. everyone complained for the black/cement 3's.....we got those.....black/red 4's.....got those....carmines....got those......space jams...coming soon.......hares......got those...etc....etc.

Yeah man. I remember a few years back, during the time when the Mars 4s pics were leaked by Snuggles McDuggal and FlipJays, everyone was complaining about howit should've been the Black Cement 4s instead. Same deal with the Fire Red 3s. People wanted the black cements. I've noticed that people complainabout JB much more than they should give JB credit. I mean sure JB has its flaws and may not be its former self when it released exceptionally high-qualityshoes, but we could at least give them some thanks for hearing us out and releasing coveted shoes. I bet that if there weren't topics back then in NT thatasked for a certain model/colorway to be released, it probably wouldn't have happened. But then again if all JB sees from these boards are complainingeven if they shell out huge releases (well at least in the eyes of most NTalkers here) they probably won't release much anymore and stop caring about the"OG heads".

Ah, well I hope you guys can give them a call or what not. I'll probably do so myself if I get the time. I don't think they need to make huge changes to their current products aside from better quality leather, better shape, and overall durability. A few minor changes to set the retroes apart from the original isn't so bad, so for those that have been true to collecting Jordans since the days of the original Black/ Red AJ1 from 1984 maintain the value of their shoes. As for me, aside from better quality and as true to the OG as possible, don't you guys think it'd be great if say, for example, the Air Jordan 3 has Zoom Air in it?
I understand what you are saying but I have been collecting Jordan's since 85. I believe that any or most people that started with theOG's did not buy them to collect for value back then. It was all about having the coolest shoe around, it was about having a great basketball shoe, andlast but not least, it was about being like Mike. I think many OG heads would agree with me when I say that retro's bring back the memories of when westarted. I truly think that to the true collector it's all about the memories. I am not nieve, I know people are out there to make money off of a hotcommodity. But for the comment that OG collectors would rather maintain the value of their originals than get an exact replica of the original could beassuming a little on the mind set of OG collectors. Personally, I think nothing can take away from the personal value of what the OG's mean to Originalcollector. I can remember when,where, and how I got my shoes back then and I think that goes for most. So I say to JB, give me what I remember, and grew up on.If you are going to retro the shoe, do it right and if you are really about the consumer make the retros readily available. I mean you can retro our favoriteshoe all you want but if we can't get our hands on them, what is the point. That shows us, it is not about us, it's about you. I buy retros because Iwant to be able to WEAR the shoes I love and grew up with. I have OG's dating back to 85 and unfortunately they are not wearable anymore. I guess I justshowed my age in this comment, and I am not knocking the original poster, it was really directed towards Jordan Brand and their direction so far. I really hopesome OG owners feel me on this.

i called i got a voicemail but i left him a message i shoulda pressed 0 to talk to his secratery but anyway i left a message about how the quality has beenslacking

Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy

Ah, well I hope you guys can give them a call or what not. I'll probably do so myself if I get the time. I don't think they need to make huge changes to their current products aside from better quality leather, better shape, and overall durability. A few minor changes to set the retroes apart from the original isn't so bad, so for those that have been true to collecting Jordans since the days of the original Black/ Red AJ1 from 1984 maintain the value of their shoes. As for me, aside from better quality and as true to the OG as possible, don't you guys think it'd be great if say, for example, the Air Jordan 3 has Zoom Air in it?
I understand what you are saying but I have been collecting Jordan's since 85. I believe that any or most people that started with the OG's did not buy them to collect for value back then. It was all about having the coolest shoe around, it was about having a great basketball shoe, and last but not least, it was about being like Mike. I think many OG heads would agree with me when I say that retro's bring back the memories of when we started. I truly think that to the true collector it's all about the memories. I am not nieve, I know people are out there to make money off of a hot commodity. But for the comment that OG collectors would rather maintain the value of their originals than get an exact replica of the original could be assuming a little on the mind set of OG collectors. Personally, I think nothing can take away from the personal value of what the OG's mean to Original collector. I can remember when,where, and how I got my shoes back then and I think that goes for most. So I say to JB, give me what I remember, and grew up on. If you are going to retro the shoe, do it right and if you are really about the consumer make the retros readily available. I mean you can retro our favorite shoe all you want but if we can't get our hands on them, what is the point. That shows us, it is not about us, it's about you. I buy retros because I want to be able to WEAR the shoes I love and grew up with. I have OG's dating back to 85 and unfortunately they are not wearable anymore. I guess I just showed my age in this comment, and I am not knocking the original poster, it was really directed towards Jordan Brand and their direction so far. I really hope some OG owners feel me on this.

5af35347e3bb7227e6e64c5800faa8c4eff26bb.gif

eek.gif
Glad to see you posting again Johnny Kilroy...

Back
Top Bottom